No announcement yet.

A Dramatic Entrance - Jun 19, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even remember which round I lost the life on. :/ Other then that easy NAPSFRILLS.

RCD: 2/10
    Difficulty: 1.7/10
    Enjoyment: 2.3/10
    Final Verdict: 2.85/10 (Lame, D+)

Driven Progress: 9/90
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
    Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post
      The Supermonkey , Agreed, I did not enjoy it hence my rating, but insulting the creator is a no, no I remember when this used to happen long ago (And it still does, to a much lesser extent). Now a days I don't even use a full word adjective next to the rating, since some may get the wrong idea.
      100% Agree with this. Although I really hate rudeness, I think everyone should be able to have their honest opinion about a challenge and because there are a wide range of preferences in this community this will differ from person to person. When I just lurked around the archives before I became a member I remember was these DC's were hated because there was no "challenge" in Daily Challenge. I don't mind either, however I like harder challenges and too many 50MM DC's in a row can get a bit tedious. I know many people (Gamzdude, Albert3105, Junior Money lla27 and sniper) including myself who rate challenges with numbers and I think they always have given a fair and reasonable rate. Anyway. Back to the rating.

NAPSFRILLS. First try.
      Difficulty: 4/10 - PTPS (as others have said)
      Fun: 6/10 - Pretty short and the theme is OK.
      Total: 10/20 - Average.

BTD5 Rank:80
      Challenge Legend: Yes
      Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

It was a trivial DC. But a couple things:

1: Edwardtruong2006 it to be commended for taking the time and putting in the effort to design a DC. It's a learning process. He will no doubt get better if he continues to design DC's

2: Not all of us are equally adept at solving these... I for one appreciate the occasional easy one, Most of the time I have to resort to incogneato's guides.

3. I do these, not only because I enjoy them, but also because they are a good cognitive challenge for me. I started playing Bloons after a brain injury in 2003. The game works several different parts of my brain: problem solving, memory, eye/hand coordination... I had a second brain injury in 2013 ( both thanks to effing eediots in cars). I injured what is called "working memory." It's the part of memory that holds a couple of ideas at the same time and permits the brain to operate on them (that's how it was explained to me). so now even flipping back and forth between a guide and the game is a challenge. I'm probably not the only TBI survivor to play the game. FWIW, I was blessed to have a year of focused cognitive therapy after the second injury thanks to a State program. Most of the therapy was in the form of computer games. Most were more focused on one particular cognitive function than Bloons, but you get the point...

Comment

Originally posted by bikerXtrash View Post
          3. I do these, not only because I enjoy them, but also because they are a good cognitive challenge for me. I started playing Bloons after a brain injury in 2003. The game works several different parts of my brain: problem solving, memory, eye/hand coordination... I had a second brain injury in 2013 ( both thanks to effing eediots in cars). I injured what is called "working memory." It's the part of memory that holds a couple of ideas at the same time and permits the brain to operate on them (that's how it was explained to me). so now even flipping back and forth between a guide and the game is a challenge. I'm probably not the only TBI survivor to play the game. FWIW, I was blessed to have a year of focused cognitive therapy after the second injury thanks to a State program. Most of the therapy was in the form of computer games. Most were more focused on one particular cognitive function than Bloons, but you get the point...
          You were a motorcyclist I assume?
          Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
          BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
          YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Randomly leaked a bunch on round 63. Probably because for whatever reason I was stupid enough to get only 1 robo plasma. Other than that, NAPSFRIS up until round 69, at which point I decided to at least have a bit of fun and sell/rebuy spam the chicken ability.

No reason to post a screenie, I think.
            My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
            My DCs
            Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

You were a motorcyclist I assume?
              Yes. I started riding at about age 12-13. Rode for 30 years w/o a wreck. The first accident was caused by a woman talking on her cell phone---she shot through the median right in front of me and then left me for dead on the side of the road. The second was caused by two jagoffs who were racing.

Comment

Working...
              X