Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Hail the Viral Frost! - May 17, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Hail the Viral Frost! - May 17, 2017

    Rounds 25 - 42 on Snowy Backyard Medium with 1 of each: 2/3 Dart Monkey, 2/2 Ninja, 4/2 Ice, 2/3 Glue, 2/2 Buccaneer, 2/2 Apprentice, Farm and 1/3 Sub. 3 towers max. 1 life only.
    Starting Cash: 3500



    Suggestion:
    Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
    All Hail the Viral Frost!

    Your camo popping power won't be enough without the Viral Frost. 1 of each tower, 3 max.

    Starting Cash: $3500
    Lives: 1
    Rounds: 25-42
    Max # of Towers: 3
    Max Per Class: 1
    Difficulty: Medium
    Track: Snowy Backyard
    Available Towers: 2/3 Dart, 2/2 Ninja, 4/2 Ice, 2/3 Glue, 2/2 Bucc, 2/2 App, 4/4 Farm, 1/3 Sub
    Agents: All allowed, none provided
    Road Items: Disabled
    Bloon Ranks: Unchanged

    Tested, 60MM as the reward. No luck required. Some mid-round selling is needed, but overall not too hard.





    Umm... something's wrong here. :/
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 17-05-17, 05:31 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

  • #2
    Paging Aaron

    The 1 life thing is there for a reason and so was the "no luck required". With 150 lives, this DC is now a joke.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

    Comment


    • #3
      Well like "Superbloons" said low life DC's rarely happen, and this may not been luck based to you, but maybe it was to Aaron or he forgot.

      NAPS, best attempt 134LL, The regrows on 42 is what got me, every-time the rainbows regrow in many bloons and killed me, but I found out that glue is a must, I did it with No frost at first to see how many lives you'd leak it's around 50, but I did not get a boat so most of those easily could been saved, and with the frost, and this is with farming, about 134, as the frost did not get all the camo so leaked a tad, I think 1LL here may be a bit luck based IMO, so around 20-25 lives would've been good.)

      NAPSFRILL like it was meant to be I really need to get more experience on Beginner tracks for DC's D:, as I rarely ever play them due to them being too easy & boring, but yeah this DC was a fail, as Viral frost is not even neeeded, well I guess the streak of "Viral Frost not being required for a DC still continues" Just used a ninja, and re-brought near end to stop leaks

      Rating: 4/10 (It's basically like "Who needs A Merrkat" only one round is the challenge, although not as hard, and while the theme seems nice it's not even needed.)
      As for the RCD only 4/10 and that for 42 alone as there is really no other challenge here at all.
      Last edited by Gamzdude; 17-05-17, 05:52 AM.
      Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

      Comment


      • #4
        I tested this several times, nothing here was luck based.

        He must've forgot.
        Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post
          Well like "Superbloons" said low life DC's rarely happen, and this may not been luck based to you, but maybe it was to Aaron or he forgot.
          Life counts should be treated like bloon rank changes; if they are randomly concocted they are ignored. But here the single life serves a purpose so you don't just leak the challenge (e.g. the camo rounds) to win.
          Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

          The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
          BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
          YouTube channel | My Ratings System

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
            I tested this several times, nothing here was luck based.

            He must've forgot.
            Yeah Proably, and because of that, this will be a cake with 150 Lives :/, Lives should be around 25 If you ask me. (1 Life DC's should only be for extremer cases IMO, like in today's DC, any on a hard track, IMO should not occur unless said towers can handle it reliably.)
            Last edited by Gamzdude; 17-05-17, 02:16 AM.
            Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
            Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

            Comment


            • #7
              RCD: 4/10
              Difficulty: 3.5/10
              Enjoyment: 3.9/10
              Final Verdict: 5.45/10 (Decent, B)
              Last edited by Junior Monkey; 17-05-17, 04:17 AM.
              Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

              Comment


              • #8
                ALL HAIL THE VIRAL FROST!!!

                just kidding lolz



                Beaten NAPS NLL without Viral Frost. Round 42 was a giant sell/rebuy panic.


                Since I'm here, I might as well post a basic spaghetti guide because why not.
                • Round 25: 0/2 sub, 1/0 farm. The sub's range should just about cover all of the bottom rectangular area of the water plus some of the track right above.
                • Round 27: 1/0 farm to 2/0
                • Round 28: 1/0 wizard in the intersection on the left
                • Round 33: 1/0 wizard to 2/0 to 2/2.
                • Round 37: I sold my farm to get a 2/3 dart monkey for the camos, but I'm not sure if it was necessary.
                • Round 38: Sell dart, buy 2/3 glue inside the top right intersection
                • Round 40: The glue, wizard, and sub is not enough to pop the ceramics. Sell the glue and rebuy a 2/3 dart monkey in the intersection right above the sub.
                • Round 41: Sell dart, rebuy 2/3 glue
                • Round 42: Obviously, this is where it gets tricky. Sell the sub and the wizard and put the 2/2 wizard and 2/3 dart bunched up at the start, near the glue. Sell the glue once all regrows are glued. Buy 2/2 boat. Once the camos pass by the wizard and dart, sell both of them and rebuy them further ahead on the track, "moving" them around as necessary. I didn't use ninja, so I'm pretty sure luck wouldn't be too much of a factor.
                Last edited by The Mochinator; 17-05-17, 03:31 AM.
                My shameless advertising:

                Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
                Is Minecraft really for children?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow, no viral frost required at all even with 1L, well I guess it's a fail then D:.
                  Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                  Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I remember there was a DC on Pyramids where some people used Viral Frost to assist a spike factory on later rounds. What was it again?
                    Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

                    The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                    BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                    YouTube channel | My Ratings System

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Spactory's Little Helpers?
                      Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                        Spactory's Little Helpers?
                        Error: Daily Challenge not found.
                        Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

                        The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                        BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                        YouTube channel | My Ratings System

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well Junior Monkey - I just completed the challenge without modifications from NK - that is your original challenge without 2/3 Dart and 4/4 App and with 1 life. It can be done NLL NAPS with no luck but I think its a $125 challenge. Quite a nice challenge and I enjoyed solving it. I'll post my guide if Incogneato doesn't get around to doing it.

                          To understand why NK changed this challenge you have to look at things from their perspective. You see, when NK sees you claiming "tested NAPS" they're going to look at your reputation as to whether or not to believe that. And, your reputation has been tarnished by that blooncraft challenge which was luck based and a recent one which was non-NAPSable and had to be changed. So they figure they've got to test it to be sure. They test it and can't figure out how to do it. What are they to do then? Three options and all of them aren't very good.

                          One - they skip the challenge and waste their testing effort. Not a good idea when testing effort is a rare and precious resource.
                          Two - put the challenge in as is and trust your word. Rolling the dice and if the numbers come up wrong its a day of shame.
                          Three - change the challenge to a version that they know is NAPSable. Likely to upset the suggester but compared to number 1 and number 2 a better option.

                          Bottom line is that any DC maker has got to maintain a spotless reputation. When you suggest a challenge and claim its doable NAPS it has got to be top quality and fully tested otherwise it ends up with the 3 dreaded options.
                          The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            GG The Mochinator, you win this time. Even if I disabled 2/3 Dart Monkey, I still did the same thing with ninja, so it's not worth trying to ban dart now. :/
                            Yes, I literally banned dart at the last second.
                            Last edited by Junior Monkey; 17-05-17, 05:45 AM. Reason: made the ninja text easier to see
                            Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Supermonkey View Post
                              Well Junior Monkey - I just completed the challenge without modifications from NK - that is your original challenge without 2/3 Dart and 4/4 App and with 1 life. It can be done NLL NAPS with no luck but I think its a $125 challenge. Quite a nice challenge and I enjoyed solving it. I'll post my guide if Incogneato doesn't get around to doing it.

                              To understand why NK changed this challenge you have to look at things from their perspective. You see, when NK sees you claiming "tested NAPS" they're going to look at your reputation as to whether or not to believe that. And, your reputation has been tarnished by that blooncraft challenge which was luck based and a recent one which was non-NAPSable and had to be changed. So they figure they've got to test it to be sure. They test it and can't figure out how to do it. What are they to do then? Three options and all of them aren't very good.

                              One - they skip the challenge and waste their testing effort. Not a good idea when testing effort is a rare and precious resource.
                              Two - put the challenge in as is and trust your word. Rolling the dice and if the numbers come up wrong its a day of shame.
                              Three - change the challenge to a version that they know is NAPSable. Likely to upset the suggester but compared to number 1 and number 2 a better option.

                              Bottom line is that any DC maker has got to maintain a spotless reputation. When you suggest a challenge and claim its doable NAPS it has got to be top quality and fully tested otherwise it ends up with the 3 dreaded options.
                              Agreed, but I think 60MM is fine here, only one round is the challenge and it ain't even that hard if you ask me, as you can do sell&rebuy it's kinda like "Who Needs A Merrkat", but the round there was harder, but you might want to say Aaron as opposed to NK, nowadays no one ,but him cares about DC's as far as I can tell.)
                              Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                              Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X