#BTD6Confirmed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #BTD6Confirmed

Ladies and gentlemonkeys, it has been confirmed that BTD6 is in development. Let me summarize that article in the form of some things that can be gathered about BTD6 from it for certain:
    • According to the article, it appears that BTD6 will be mobile-exclusive.
    • According to the arcticle, Ninja Kiwi has not stated a release date but hopes they can release in 2017.
    • The game will have "immense scale and strategic depth." I'll explain what I gather from that below.
    • Ninja Kiwi intends "to knock it out of the park."
    • This is fact. Aaron posted this article in the semi-official NK discord chat: http://prntscr.com/eq3aiu
    Now, when I read the "immense scale and strategic depth" part, I got excited. In an earlier forum post I made, there was an idea brought up about tower synergies and a story mode/different bloon rounds on different maps, and I think, especially for a mobile game, things like that would be really entertaining and provide for a lot of play/replay value.

What are your thoughts about this?
    UR TED CRUZIN 4 A TED BRUZIN

-SOUP

You have done nothing or say anything,
    and they sudden send you offend language.

-Sam Mick

My only concern is that it said nothing about a web version. It only stated "apps", so I really want more information.
    There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Doubt it, highly doubt it also, this is occurring pretty much near the first day of April, so you know what that likely means.
      Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post
        Doubt it, highly doubt it also, this is occurring pretty much near the first day of April, so you know what that likely means.
        what reason would nk have to tell an april fools joke two days early

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

Originally posted by The Augster View Post

what reason would nk have to tell an april fools joke two days early
          Why did they not mention it in the NK blog then?
          Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
          BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
          YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

They have been hinting at it in blogs. SAS4 closed beta began on April 1 of 2014. NK doesn't mess around.
            Blast 'em biters.

Comment

Demo & The Auguster, Unless I see official confirmation from a NK staff, when it's after April 1st, or actual proof from legit sources like the tears when BTD5 was coming out, then nope sorry it doesn't exist IMO.

And that goes for any game that is rumored, like that Toontown 2.0 that people claimed was coming out, yet it never did.
              Last edited by Gamzdude; 29-03-17, 11:46 PM.
              Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
              Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Well, Aaron said so himself. Though I'm afraid it's probably going to be executed poorly, due to what they've been doing recently.
                Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post
                  Demo & The Auguster, Unless I see official confirmation from a NK staff, when it's after April 1st, or actual proof from legit sources like the tears when BTD5 was coming out, then nope sorry it doesn't exist IMO.

And that goes for any game that is rumored, like that Toontown 2.0 that people claimed was coming out, yet it never did.
                  It's a press release, I don't think anyone does fake press releases. That site is a legit source.

BTD6 is in development.

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

The press release was released a few hours ago. It's just an announcement that it's in development. No details so no info to give. I'll put it on the blog on Friday but there isn't a reason to make a special blog post for it.
                  Last edited by Aaron; 29-03-17, 11:53 PM.

Comment

The hype is real, the joke is not. BTD 6 is coming, and we will all die of hype.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Aaron , as Ninja Kiwi's resident BTD5 expert, will you be taking part in any of the development?
                      This is my signature

Comment

Nothing mentioned whatsoever about web. Flash (doubtful) or Unity. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by tejdog1 View Post
                          Nothing mentioned whatsoever about web. Flash (doubtful) or Unity. Bah.
                          flash has been 100% phased out by now. Unity sucks but if they have to use it, so be it.

Honestly i'm not too miffed about it being mobile exclusive anyways.

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

This game will likely get the "Tower Keepers Treatment", which they will release it first on Mobile, then see if it's worth it to send to web.

Comment

What kind of "immense scale and strategic depth"? If there are no new towers or modes, what could you possibly have?
                              The bloonchipper is the best.
                              http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
                              http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X