[SUGGESTION] Hero Buffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUGGESTION] Hero Buffs

I'll add to this eventually, but for now I'll showcase a hero that you get right from the start of the game that you're better off ditching AS SOON as you get a new hero, the Fighter.
    From what I remember from using it, it underperforms in terms of damage output when placed alongside most other heroes. I know this is classified to be a tank hero, but it's still pitiful for what it does.

Heroic Strike: Double the amount of damage dealt, and increased crit chance by 20% (+2% for every additional star)

All active skills except Shield Allies: Increase damage by 30%

Bloodthirsty (Rework): Whenever Fighter takes damage, attack increased by (8 + level) %
    Like the monster's passive, it cannot be dispelled.

Level ups give 7 attack and defense instead of 6 and 35 health instead of 30.

I'll add some buffs for the mystic too (now that I remember them):

Attack increased by 30% and defense by 20%

Doom: Base multiplier increased to 50%

Horrify: Double the damage done and increase the number of times with the level (4 base, so it's not too OP).
    Safety Ward: Increases bonus health with level (maybe 1 extra max health per level?).
    Disenchant: Now affects the whole party, but cooldown changed to long to compensate.

Knowledge: Increase base resists to 6%

Pirate

Pistol Shot: Change cooldown to short

Cannoneer: Increase damage bonus per star by 60%

Monk

Quick Strike: Overall damage increased by 65%

Stunning Blow: Soul energy cost reduced to 75 and damage bonus per star doubled

Swashbuckler

Base Dodge increased to 10%
    Increase Poison and Ice resists by 10%

Feint: Now works like it does for monsters - increase the dodge of next attack by (60 + level * 4) %. If stacked, the buff will work for as many times as the skill is stacked. This buff will also apply to all monsters that have this skill.
    Flourish: Attack buff is now permanent (and stackable for that matter)

Bonhomie: Double bonuses per skill level and also increases defense bonus of En Garde by (17 + 3 * level) %

Balestra: Cooldown reduced to 8 turns

These changes add some more versatility to the swash, so you aren't fixed to using Bonhomie + Riposte all the time. I feel like the Genteel Streak can greatly benefit with the increased base dodge, so it can be used alongside Riposte instead to be an all out damage dealer rather than a dodge tank.

Cavalier

Victory or Death: Decrease base defense penalty by 10%, additional 4% per star.

Chivalry: Now decreases defense penalty by an additional 15 + level % to compensate for above buff. This change was made so that the cavalier has some more viability earlier on in the game as well, but not be too overpowered later on with this passive.

Paladin

Bless: Cooldown reduced to 6 turns

Archer

Health increased by 15%

Thief

Waylay: Increase overall damage by 25%

Spellsword

Spell Strike: Increase damage bonus by 40%

Templar

Divine Intervention: Double health bonus per star. Either this, or decrease base resurrect health to 20%, but one use per wave.

Leaping Strike: Increase base damage by 60%
    Challenge Evil: Increase base bonus health by 150%, skill level increments by 500%.

Sorceress

Increase health bonus per level by 20%

Fire Storm: Double the damage.
    Illusory Magic: Increased effect on Beguile equivalent to Mirror Image.

Prismatic Sphere: Damage increased by 50%

Warlock

Shadow Bolt: Increase overall damage by 30%
    Acid Bolt: Increase base damage by 75%
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 13-01-18, 04:47 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Good sugestion. And besides giving Buff in the "fighter", but also should improve somewhat the "Mystic". increasing their Special Status, and further increasing their defense. Since in her event, it is the most difficult of all events, even "Halloween" whose all monsters give "true damage" in all attacks, but I can rise to a certain level, while in "Mystic" if they do not put the right heroes, use their right abilities and they do not have high level, it will be dead fast at, lower level.

Comment

Ability buffs:

Templar's Divine Intervention: All revived heroes are invulnerable to the next attack. If this buff per se is too OP, nerf the amount of health allies are revived with, and/or increase soul energy required to use this skill.
      Barbarian's Baneful Glare: Reduce cooldown, reduce soul energy required to use, and further reduce defence.
      Pirate's Cannonball: Buff damage by 25%, reduce its cooldown by 1 second, and reduce soul energy needed by 10%.
      Cavalier's Victory or Death: Reduce defence decrease and increase attack increase so that using this ability is viable under certain circumstances and tactics.
      Monk's Stunning Blow: Now ignores stun resist. Stun can only be evaded by dodge or invulnerability.

Awesomefaceninja7 - Ninjakiwi member since March 2013

Comment

I, too, think the Barbarian's Baleful Glare needs a buff--I'm thinking accuracy increase and maybe cooldown decrease. Also, Weapon Throw should be medium cooldown, not long.
        Last edited by CrankyFunk; 12-11-17, 08:33 AM.

Comment

About Berserker and Pirate at least, I do have this video to show off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHtdo1-nWk

That said, I do have my points:
          -Barbarian's Baleful Glare - I can see this get a buff, if only to make sure Barbarian could have good utility for added depth. I don't think the buff has any need of being ridiculous, though, because Baleful Glare does still lower defense, which would be self explanatory.
          -Pirate's Cannonball - now THIS does have legitimate problems. I will say that Cannonball feeling like it has issues does provide the feeling that Pirate is still physical-oriented and yet technical. Yeah it's a high cost single-target attack, but that's the point, and it can actually be used on back targets. The big issue I have, then, is that it is too capable of missing. 80 SP sunk into a single target attack that doesn't hit at all is not fun. Baleful Glare can miss too, but at least it costs a lot less. If Cannonball is supposed to be a gamble, then give it a significant crit chance. Either way, it shouldn't outright suck where it stands. It should be a working backup method of sniping backliners.
          -Cavalier's Victory Or Death - we definitely don't want this to be too strong, but I do agree: Victory Or Death's defense penalty is currently way too high. You already wouldn't want to use it against thick enemy groups unless you can take out enough of the enemies with the attack boost. Don't increase the attack boost itself, of course, because Cleric's Cleanse exists.

Of course, I didn't say anything earlier because unfortunately, Tower Keepers has a toxic enough userbase that tells you to "git gud" against rooms full of turnclumping enemies that they somehow kill in only 4 attacks despite the enemies having MAGIC DEFENSE BOOSTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
            Disenchant: Now affects the whole party.
            I'd like to take a moment and point out how horrifying (pun intended) an idea this is. Yes, a spread debuff removal would be appreciated, but it would completely destroy certain classes. For example, Samurai is already iffy in viability, and Demon Shout is the #1 thing going for him. You're essentially destroying everything viable about him if there were any sources of party-wide debuff removal (also, you're making mystic mirror matches maximum snoozefests that drag on forever). Another thing is that debuff removal needs to be on a short cooldown. Since you can't control when it's activated, the best way around that to make the skill user-friendly is to make it cast frequently. As such, if for some crazy reason you did make disenchant party-wide, then you'd have to increase the cooldown significantly, which would just make the skill end up worse than it started as.

Honestly, the problem with the mystic to me is just that she feels like half of a character. Every time I think of the mystic I think to myself "Gee, she'd be nice to have, but I'd never take her in my party given she'd take up a character slot I'd rather use for someone more useful (i.e. almost anyone)." Her kit is fine, but it doesn't do enough to justify bringing her most of the time and buffing numbers is a very dangerous way to buff her, since it's much more difficult to fine-tune her as the effects of adjusting "the % dodge of foretell" for example are very difficult to ascertain. I think she should just have a complete rework, keeping only disenchant and possibly her soul ability. That's just my opinion though, and comes as a direct result of not feeling confident that any changes for her--that don't completely rework one or more abilities--would actually balance her instead of making her OP or leaving her still UP.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankyFunk
              I'd like to take a moment and point out how horrifying (pun intended) an idea this is. Yes, a spread debuff removal would be appreciated, but it would completely destroy certain classes. For example, Samurai is already iffy in viability, and Demon Shout is the #1 thing going for him. You're essentially destroying everything viable about him if there were any sources of party-wide debuff removal (also, you're making mystic mirror matches maximum snoozefests that drag on forever). Another thing is that debuff removal needs to be on a short cooldown. Since you can't control when it's activated, the best way around that to make the skill user-friendly is to make it cast frequently. As such, if for some crazy reason you did make disenchant party-wide, then you'd have to increase the cooldown significantly, which would just make the skill end up worse than it started as.

Honestly, the problem with the mystic to me is just that she feels like half of a character. Every time I think of the mystic I think to myself "Gee, she'd be nice to have, but I'd never take her in my party given she'd take up a character slot I'd rather use for someone more useful (i.e. almost anyone)." Her kit is fine, but it doesn't do enough to justify bringing her most of the time and buffing numbers is a very dangerous way to buff her, since it's much more difficult to fine-tune her as the effects of adjusting "the % dodge of foretell" for example are very difficult to ascertain. I think she should just have a complete rework, keeping only disenchant and possibly her soul ability. That's just my opinion though, and comes as a direct result of not feeling confident that any changes for her--that don't completely rework one or more abilities--would actually balance her instead of making her OP or leaving her still UP.
              I think a cleric + mystic combo could be viable with it affecting the whole party though, with on-command cleanse to help out. Plus Demon's Shout and Fear have a short cooldown (and they should stay like that), so it won't completely defeat the purpose of them.

Comment

Fear has a relatively short cooldown (shorter duration, shorter cooldown), but demon shout does not. Just because it says "short" doesn't mean it actually is (for example, Finishing Strike says it has a medium cooldown, but it's definitely used multiple times before demon shout comes off of cooldown again).

For the record, I'm mostly describing the Mystic in her relationship with PvE content. I'm told she's got niche viability in PvP. Buffing disenchant would be literally only making her PvP stronger (where she doesn't need help) while having basically no impact on her PvE performance (no, Black Fist Evoker are not a reason to make disenchant AoE. If you can't kill them before you're overwhelmed with Cloud of Weakness + Fireball spam from a large amount of them, you didn't bring enough damage as it's very easy to kill them before they can deal critical damage to your party). Basically no other hero in the game has relatively zero PvE viability (and before you start, just because it *can* work doesn't make it viable. I bring level 2 heroes with farm abilities to campaign missions during find loot sessions, but that doesn't make them viable for serious PvE), so any changes to her should be made with addressing that in mind, not her PvP ability.

Comment

Nice buff idea, but they should also give buff in the "Templario", type it can only revive once the whole fallen team, at least it could revive all fallen team with 75% of life.

But honestly, they should also apply "nerf" on some super heroes appeal.

"The Knight"
                  His ability to increase attack and defense for every team, leaves too much appeal, should decrease by half the time this increase of the team.

"Shaman"
                  He has too much life, is extremely strong and can still regenerate, should decrease his defense a little, and increase the time of all physical attacks that he can apply, so that he may look a bit more like a "cause of damage" and less "tank".

"Cleric"
                  Until 25nvl, he's too much of an appeal, because he can greatly increase his team's life, remove negative statuses, and can revive one with a large amount of life, so they should make him expend more energy with his "healing" and "resurrection" , being the resurrection take a little longer to recharge, so it gets a little less appeal in the beginning.

And I think that's it.

Comment

I was thinking of a way to buff the templar too, but not sure how.
                    I'm thinking it could be one use per stage so it still has some use, but that might be a little overpowered.

As far as nerfs go I'm not too concerned about those.

Comment

Working...
                    X