R_B_D's list of Quality of Life improvement ideas for Tower Keepers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R_B_D's list of Quality of Life improvement ideas for Tower Keepers

I've started playing this game a couple weeks ago or so, and have so far noticed several small things that could be changed to make this game a more enjoyable experience, more user friendly, and just plain better in general. I might update this list later on as I remember/think of more ideas. Keep in mind since I am not a long-time player of this game there may be things I don't know about. If I suggest something that already exists, please let me know and I'll cut it from the list when I notice. Without further ado...

1. Transparency. I'm not asking for something as crazy as knowing the probabilities of getting various loot or heroes here, but I do expect a level of knowledge given to me that is not yet present. I'm talking skill cooldowns, game mechanics, hidden stats, etc. I'd like to be able to see when examining any given skill what its exact base cooldown time is--not all short's are equal, not all longs are equal, etc. so seeing exact numbers can be very important in deciding your roster for use. Also I'd like to see exactly how long each buff, debuff, and CC lasts (including taunts). For that matter, I have no idea what stuns, freezes, etc. *actually* do exactly, and what determines when they wear off? They seem to operate differently in PvE vs how they operate in PvP, though I can't be certain. Whether they do or not, this should also be documented somewhere conspicuous.
    Along this line, I'd also like to know more in-depth about mechanics. How does initiative affect cooldown speed (if at all)? How much damage do you gain for having X more attack than an enemy's defense (and vice-versa)? Does stun resist reduce the duration of stuns/CC or does it give you a chance to prevent an application of stun/CC completely? What on earth is damage type stun!? (Archmage's Disintegrate) Does the Blackguard's Deadliness passive that amplifies damage on stunned targets work if the target is polymorphed? How often is "regularly" on the Shaman's Spirit of Nature passive? Is damage bonus applied before or after damage reduction? Does damage bonus affect DoTs? Do same buffs and/or debuffs stack (i.e. Barb's Menacing Glare on same target)? Do different buff and/or debuffs stack (i.e. Barb's Menacing Glare and Necro's Ray of Enfeeblement) and if so, do % based buffs/deuffs apply before or after static increases, and also if so, does that include multiple static or multiple % debuffs/buffs or does it have to be one static and one % that stack only? As far as I'm aware, these questions are answered nowhere in-game, nor outside of it. Some of this might not have a suitable place to be explained in-game, which is fine, so long as it's documented somewhere conspicuous. (wiki? I know one exists, but is has no info on any of this stuff that I could find)

2. Equipment should be better accessed and manipulated. If I want to, say, check all of the one handed hacking weapons I have, I have to go to my hero roster, find someone who uses that weapon type, click the weapon and then select swap (if one is already equipped) or click the empty slot (if none is already equipped). Additionally, if I don't know it by memory, I have no way of knowing from looking at all the weapons of that type who can use them without leaving this entire set of menus, selecting the crafting section, selecting to craft a weapon, then clicking on any of the one handed hacking weapons. Even after all this, I can't even click on any of the icons displayed under the weapon to see the names of the heroes who can use it--I can only try and figure out who is who based on memory and--you guessed it!--closing this menu and going allll the way back to the heroes menu to look at the pictures there to try and find the name of each of the heroes I saw, and as an added bonus, if I forgot any, I have to go back and forth repeatedly! A major pain and a pointless hassle. There's a few ways you can fix this, so I don't really want to go over possible ways here--I'll let the devs decide and sort that out--and instead move on to other points.

3. Tower Defense needs restrictions. I currently only have one loss for attacking an enemy tower. I was around level 22 at the time and started the battle expecting a fun fight. I did not get that; instead, I was faced down with two level 30 back row monsters of the "super rare" class rarity that butchered my party in seconds (literally). As far as I can figure, the only way you can get this kind of firepower at level 22 is if you abuse the guild system of claiming a limited reward other guildies have paid for, as you can't get that kind of guild mark amount without leveling over 22 on your own. I'm fine with claiming this kind of thing early, but you shouldn't be able to use them until you at least reach a tower level equal to the monsters you are placing in your tower to defend it. I'm 99.99% sure nobody can clear that tower at level 22, and you're not going to even be able to try to attack it at a higher level, so essentially he/she had an unbeatable tower defense, which is not ok in my opinion, hence my suggestion to fix it.

Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
    Can a sort be added to the Hero's roster for Weapon Type and Armor Type? Might make swaps and selling/combining much easier.
    5. None at this time, may add something here in the future.

Thanks for reading, and I welcome all suggestions from other folks here as well. Dev input is also highly appreciated.

P.S. I realize this is a list of problems I find with the game, but I wish to note that anything I didn't mention I probably enjoy!
    Last edited by CrankyFunk; 14-10-17, 05:26 AM.

Originally posted by CrankyFunk View Post
    3. Tower Defense needs restrictions. I currently only have one loss for attacking an enemy tower. I was around level 22 at the time and started the battle expecting a fun fight. I did not get that; instead, I was faced down with two level 30 back row monsters of the "super rare" class rarity that butchered my party in seconds (literally). As far as I can figure, the only way you can get this kind of firepower at level 22 is if you abuse the guild system of claiming a limited reward other guildies have paid for, as you can't get that kind of guild mark amount without leveling over 22 on your own. I'm fine with claiming this kind of thing early, but you shouldn't be able to use them until you at least reach a tower level equal to the monsters you are placing in your tower to defend it. I'm 99.99% sure nobody can clear that tower at level 22, and you're not going to even be able to try to attack it at a higher level, so essentially he/she had an unbeatable tower defense, which is not ok in my opinion, hence my suggestion to fix it.
    I really don't see a problem with this. You said it yourself, You had no losses on tower assaults up until that point. If it takes an extreme like to get a win on the defender's part, It would seem Tower Assaults need more of a buff than a nerf. Just two cents anyway. (It is also possible to encounter enemies well above Level 30 in things like the Catacombs/Higher level campaign missions)
    Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted? View them here.
    A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.
    http://i.imgur.com/HGjF4OP.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/7n36NSp.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/HnvAQZK.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/3NbRv78.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/lkDdGMF.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Squideer View Post

I really don't see a problem with this. You said it yourself, You had no losses on tower assaults up until that point. If it takes an extreme like to get a win on the defender's part, It would seem Tower Assaults need more of a buff than a nerf. Just two cents anyway. (It is also possible to encounter enemies well above Level 30 in things like the Catacombs/Higher level campaign missions)
      Yes the defenders could certainly stand a slight buff, but impossible difficulty is not the answer. I've had no trouble doing harder maps--I regularly tackle and clear campaign maps 5+ levels higher than me. The monsters I see in higher level campaign missions are nowhere near the power level of the ones I saw in that tower. Heck, they could have theoretically stuffed it with level 30 monsters as soon as they were able to join a guild (which is what? level 12?) and then they'd be truly 100% impossible to clear. Saying that "it should be harder anyway" is no excuse for bad game design. There's a reason you can't level your crafting artisans past your current tower level.

Edit: As a step towards making it "harder" perhaps allowing monsters and contraptions up to 5 levels higher than your tower level would be acceptable? I don't think that's the kind of solution needed to fix the difficulty disparity of tower defense (no pun intended) though.
      Last edited by CrankyFunk; 04-10-17, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Can a sort be added to the Hero's roster for Weapon Type and Armor Type? Might make swaps and selling/combining much easier.

Comment

Good idea--I've added it to the list.

Comment

Working...
          X