Tower Stone grievances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower Stone grievances

Been a while since I've ranted on a forum now... but anyhow to the point.

The daily 'free' tower soul stone is far more complicated for the user than it should be. And not in a 'this requires skill and effort' way, but in a 'this requires me to mess around with my tower every day at a specific point in a way that does not improve its defensive capability and causes me to lose stones if i dont put the right one there and take everything else out' kind of way.

One thing is the timer. Miss it by even a second and its then that much later the next day. Happen to be not at the computer when it resets? Too bad, now you are some minutes or even hours delayed for the next day. And that is just a bad cycle that gets worse until you lose a whole day and therefore stone.

The other thing is how anyone who wants to actually USE the feature effectively has to take heros out and put them back every single day at reset. For example today I was busy with housework around reset time. The result was instead of a necromancer stone, I got a mage stone (which is a loss of 24500 gold value and sets back my necro by a day). Why? Cause I had other heros in the tower.

The alternative would be weakening my tower defence deliberately by removing other hero defenders just to guarantee the stone does go to necro... which sounds like a flawed system to me.

They say don't complain about free things, and its a motto I agree with. But this isn't a free thing. Its a thing which requires a daily routine of fiddling around with stuff, and punishes those with either variable schedules or bad memory (or worse, both. Like me).

Suggested fix that would make it a nice bonus rather than a chore:

2 options.

1: Allow the stone reward to be manually set to a certain tower floor, and the collection is done by a 24 hour timer that resets every day at game reset, but can be collected anytime before the next reset.

2: Change system to just auto award a stone per day to any one selected hero (whether it is in tower or not).

This would make it a pleasant daily bonus rather than something which, as it is, has a habit of disappointing people like me, and is regardless a nuisance to anyone who wants more than 1 hero in the tower.
    BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 total lvl: 1000. TK level: 49 and counting. NK rank: 50. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

I don't see a problem with it to be honest, I wasn't even aware that you could get souls from the tower for a while. It may not be for the hero you want, But it still effectively a free stone you get for doing literally nothing. Having a hero I never use in my tower is just as useful to me as a hero who simply sits in my party at all hours.

There is already specific loot that drops for your hero in the campaigns, Anything from the tower is just an extra little bonus.
    Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted? View them here.
    A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.
    http://i.imgur.com/HGjF4OP.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/7n36NSp.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/HnvAQZK.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/3NbRv78.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/lkDdGMF.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Squideer View Post
      effectively a free stone you get for doing literally nothing
      I wouldn't call having to set alarms to get on at exactly the right time of day followed by removing my other defending heros, putting in the one I want a stone on, waiting to click the button, taking it out, putting back the other defenders, and then repeating it every day, plus losing time on the stone (even whole days - and therefore stones) every time I miss it to be 'doing literally nothing'.

"Nothing" would be if all I had to do was click a claim button whenever I got on. Interrupting IRL activities to click a darn game button is not 'nothing'. Its a completely unwarranted hassle.

Now I have a second account with a stone reset at a different time (thanks to missing the first one earlier)... so I have to do it 2x a day.

And due to my chronically bad memory and poor sense of timekeeping, guess what. Account #2 misplaced its stone yesterday (losing 24500 worth of gold value), and so did account #1 today.... (only lost 24000 gold value this time).

This happens way too often and is a bloody nuisance for something thats considered a "free" stone. A randomly assigned one that you had no control over would actually be LESS annoying than this, albeit less useful as well.

If you don't care about focusing on your best heroes and dont care if you only get 4-6 a week instead of 7, sure its fine. Its not fine if you are a busy and/or forgetful person who likes to actually make good use of game features. Why? Because you can easily lose around 4 million gold value over ~6 months if you don't pay attention to tower stone.

Why does it irk me so much personally? Because my bad memory is always a nuisance and being punished for it in a game is... rude. Which I am sure was not intended by the devs, yet if nobody complains how can any quality of life improvements be made? (p.s. the alarms didn't work. I still manage to miss it every so often.)

Suggestion 2:
      Instead of getting a free stone daily for [sarcasm] *nothing* [/sarcasm], a free assignable stone for completing some kind of minigame would be a nice replacement. Anything from solving some simple puzzle to attacking a miniboss with the hero you want the stone on.
      BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 total lvl: 1000. TK level: 49 and counting. NK rank: 50. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

Honestly, in all the time I've played this game (almost a year now), I've never experienced this. The daily free soul stone is just a bonus for having your heroes sit in your tower all day. If you really want more control over your soul stone gathering, you have to do it the way you described. Or only use rare/super rare and epic heroes in your tower (people do this).

I've put my necro in my tower at around lv 30 and it was 6 stars at lv ~50, I didnt send it on missions, only tower rewards and daily stones. Although I must say that the chance for getting a soul stone after a succesful defend is lower than it used to.

------

As for point 2 on the main post:

I only want soul stones for the heroes in my tower as those aren't maxed yet. I dont want any more common soul stones which only give me 125 gold.

Comment

Originally posted by LordofKaon View Post

I wouldn't call having to set alarms to get on at exactly the right time of day followed by removing my other defending heros, putting in the one I want a stone on, waiting to click the button, taking it out, putting back the other defenders, and then repeating it every day, plus losing time on the stone (even whole days - and therefore stones) every time I miss it to be 'doing literally nothing'.

"Nothing" would be if all I had to do was click a claim button whenever I got on. Interrupting IRL activities to click a darn game button is not 'nothing'. Its a completely unwarranted hassle.

Now I have a second account with a stone reset at a different time (thanks to missing the first one earlier)... so I have to do it 2x a day.

And due to my chronically bad memory and poor sense of timekeeping, guess what. Account #2 misplaced its stone yesterday (losing 24500 worth of gold value), and so did account #1 today.... (only lost 24000 gold value this time).

This happens way too often and is a bloody nuisance for something thats considered a "free" stone. A randomly assigned one that you had no control over would actually be LESS annoying than this, albeit less useful as well.

If you don't care about focusing on your best heroes and dont care if you only get 4-6 a week instead of 7, sure its fine. Its not fine if you are a busy and/or forgetful person who likes to actually make good use of game features. Why? Because you can easily lose around 4 million gold value over ~6 months if you don't pay attention to tower stone.

Why does it irk me so much personally? Because my bad memory is always a nuisance and being punished for it in a game is... rude. Which I am sure was not intended by the devs, yet if nobody complains how can any quality of life improvements be made? (p.s. the alarms didn't work. I still manage to miss it every so often.)

Suggestion 2:
          Instead of getting a free stone daily for [sarcasm] *nothing* [/sarcasm], a free assignable stone for completing some kind of minigame would be a nice replacement. Anything from solving some simple puzzle to attacking a miniboss with the hero you want the stone on.
          Sure if you're trying to be one of those people who tries to maximize farming efficiency in every regard, It's going to require some work. But again there are already hero-specific loot drops in the campaign. You may not be guaranteed a stone with every run, But you can acquire them much more frequently by relying on this rather than the tower. That's what I was trying to get.

That's why I labelled the tower as a free stone. It really doesn't require any time or effort, It just gives you one for someone who happens to be there. You can go out of your way to ensure you get the stones you want, But the problem seems more like a result of what you're doing rather than anything the game entails.
          Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted? View them here.
          A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.
          http://i.imgur.com/HGjF4OP.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/7n36NSp.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/HnvAQZK.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/3NbRv78.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/lkDdGMF.gif

Comment

Potential solution: just don't make it random who it picks--make it give a stone for whoever is on the first floor. Honestly that's how I thought it worked, as all the time I've played this game for a week or so I've always gotten the stone for whoever is on the first floor. You could alternatively just give a stone to everyone in the tower, but that might be too much.

Comment

Working...
            X