No announcement yet.

SAS 4 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always found the loot system to be insane. One of the guys I do NM with calls me up on Discord and we chat while we play. In the last month, I've seen (and discarded due to lack of keys) 4 boxes. Meanwhile, he's picking up about double my rate of nantoniums. I play a L 76 or 78 heavy, he's a 63 assault. Of course, he could just be claiming to pick up nantoniums and black keys just to mess with me, though his irritation seems genuine.

And, Malakki, that is exactly the right thing to do. I made it the furthest I ever have in an apocalypse match, it was me and a L40ish medic. When we got to about wave 25, he just could not hang. Didn't have the gear to take a beating or knock anything down. But what he did have was an explosion of medkits that kept me running in circles well past the point we should've lost. Got a boatload of points and I'd buy that player a beer if I ever met him.

Other than that, you should get the line app and hook up with our crew. Rewind It and myself (Paladin Sponge) found that, despite my awesome fiber-optic internet connection based out of Silicon Valley, we always disconnect mid-match if I host. But if he hosts, we never get DC'd. Might take some experimenting, but if you can coordinate with the other players you might be able to figure out who's got the best connection for the lot of ya.

Comment

Not to act stupid, and please don't hate me for asking...
      What is the fastest way to get Black Keys? Anyone have any Black Key farming tips?
      Thanks!

Comment

i haven't had any problems finding keys... it's black boxes that i can't find... haven't found one in several weeks and i play my 5 NM matches with both my high levels everyday!

Comment

Is Aartis named after Aaron ?
          Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
          BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
          YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

I know this is kinda a necro, but since there are like 5 threads total on the mobile forums, I think it'll count as a bump.
            So, does anyone else have that bug where they put down 1 turret, but the turret in the next slide (Cryo-->heavyshot) is placed, or when ALL of your turrets are put down?
            Also, to all you HIKS 3100 fans out there, why do you like the HIKS 3100 so much? The Mixmaster has like 1k more dpm than the HIKS, and 20% lower gun movement penalty. Then there's the reload time and the ammo cost...

Comment

i get that where u think ur placing a certain turret only for 1 of ur better 1s to be placed. i thought was just the way i clicked on it with finger but obvs not!!!

HIKS is my absolute favourite gun....but on desktop only, Mixmaster is my main gun on mobile and desktop, cos its awesome at crowd ctrl & bosses
              its like the shockfield is good on mobile but crap on desktop as its not fully automatic!!!

Comment

Summary..
                It's hard to get the keys and it's even harder to get the core. I have 100lvl (heavy), 2 million killings and in the whole career I get about 15 keys, 20 black boxes, 2 cores. The truth is that it is very difficult to get without paying the money. I mainly use shockfield or stripper black and zerfallen (premium), when combined with my armor 99% is immortality. 5 tickets are cabaret .. The chance to get something good is very small. Sometimes it's luck but few players get it. If someone needs help in nightmare / matchmaking, write. Thanks, regards.
                Last edited by BONNIE; 16-05-17, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Hey, does anyone else crash whenever they play NM, especially survivors? I crashed in survivors the last 3 times in the last few days, and in the train on Vaccine. I saw a complaint about this in the (archived?) PC section somewhere, but I don't recall where to find it.

Thanks for the info Bonnie! I think a lot of us <90 players really underestimate how hard it is to get cores and keys!

Comment

I noticed a little something quite odd on mobile...
                    Normally I play events to get prizes, like apocalypse and stuff, and the strongboxes I get from the actual games and prize rewards will be stuff like red titan gear, graphene armour, high level HIKS weapons, etc.
                    Some days though there is no events and I play NM mode, I'll get strongboxes from the bosses and I'll get red HVM armour, low level pistols, standad titan gear, stuff that I stopped receiving 30 levels ago.
                    If it helps, I'm playing with a (currently) Lvl 63 medic. In NM mode the drops are not affected by what boss or the levels of the players in the game with me.

Is anyone else finding this problem?

Oh yeah, and I know many people have asked and answered, but Black Keys. I've never legit received one; do the come in after game strongboxes, or in the game itself as loot (like grenades and cash), any particular boss drops them, anything? Not bothered about EACs currently, but people have said nano boxes and stuff for the keys. I've also never had one from events, where it says 10% or 4% chance or something. I've not long got my 5th black box and don't really want to scrap any more. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennPinMD View Post
                      i haven't had any problems finding keys... it's black boxes that i can't find... haven't found one in several weeks and i play my 5 NM matches with both my high levels everyday!
                      I know you posted a while ago, but here's what I know:
                      Black Boxes can be dropped by anything. I've had them in events, normal singleplayer and multiplayer events. I think it's more likely in NM mode though. Patience? It took me a couple of months to get my last one, but now I have five and can't get the keys to open them.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedrametuer View Post
                        I noticed a little something quite odd on mobile...
                        Normally I play events to get prizes, like apocalypse and stuff, and the strongboxes I get from the actual games and prize rewards will be stuff like red titan gear, graphene armour, high level HIKS weapons, etc.
                        Some days though there is no events and I play NM mode, I'll get strongboxes from the bosses and I'll get red HVM armour, low level pistols, standad titan gear, stuff that I stopped receiving 30 levels ago.
                        If it helps, I'm playing with a (currently) Lvl 63 medic. In NM mode the drops are not affected by what boss or the levels of the players in the game with me.
                        Is anyone else finding this problem?

Oh yeah, and I know many people have asked and answered, but Black Keys. I've never legit received one; do the come in after game strongboxes, or in the game itself as loot (like grenades and cash), any particular boss drops them, anything? Not bothered about EACs currently, but people have said nano boxes and stuff for the keys. I've also never had one from events, where it says 10% or 4% chance or something. I've not long got my 5th black box and don't really want to scrap any more. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
                        I've personally received a key before from events. So when you are at the character selection menu, a popup should come that says what place you got in the event, and displays the symbol for whatever rank (like blue guns for diamond, black/brown for platinum, gold for gold). On the right of that big symbol, there should be an image of a black key and the text, "+1 black key". Diamond=10% chance, Platinum= 4% chance, Gold =0.5%chance. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of when I got the key from event rewards, but I remember how the key gave me my 10*** black mixmaster at level 42 . Black keys can also come from nano boxes, BUT ONLY IN NM MODE!!!!! Nanos in any other gamemode will NOT drop nanos. Black keys only come from nano boxes and event rewards (buying them also work).

As for your gear question, make sure you only judge the quality of the gear with the quality of the STRONGBOX. Event prizes are usually nano-promethium for me, and most NM matches don't drop 3 nanos and 3 promethium, so make sure that you are judging the quality of the gear with the corresponding strongboxes (nano to nano, promo to promo, etc).

Personally, I'm quite suprised you haven't gotten ANY black keys so far. On my 65 heavy, I got 6 keys and 9 (I know, I'm not making up the numbers) black boxes. But then again, on my 49 medic, I have 0 BK and 1 BB, along with a TON of trash gear.

EDIT:
                        Question of mine: What's the best 3rd augment slot for a 10*** BLACK tempest on a HTL and HG based Heavy? I have Deadly and OC on it currently, just wondering what augments are best for this bosser.
                        P.S. I'm planning on using that beast for bossing, concusses bosses even better than my mixmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by CarryMePlz View Post
                          I've personally received a key before from events. So when you are at the character selection menu, a popup should come that says what place you got in the event, and displays the symbol for whatever rank (like blue guns for diamond, black/brown for platinum, gold for gold). On the right of that big symbol, there should be an image of a black key and the text, "+1 black key". Diamond=10% chance, Platinum= 4% chance, Gold =0.5%chance. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of when I got the key from event rewards, but I remember how the key gave me my 10*** black mixmaster at level 42 . Black keys can also come from nano boxes, BUT ONLY IN NM MODE!!!!! Nanos in any other gamemode will NOT drop nanos. Black keys only come from nano boxes and event rewards (buying them also work).

As for your gear question, make sure you only judge the quality of the gear with the quality of the STRONGBOX. Event prizes are usually nano-promethium for me, and most NM matches don't drop 3 nanos and 3 promethium, so make sure that you are judging the quality of the gear with the corresponding strongboxes (nano to nano, promo to promo, etc).

Personally, I'm quite suprised you haven't gotten ANY black keys so far. On my 65 heavy, I got 6 keys and 9 (I know, I'm not making up the numbers) black boxes. But then again, on my 49 medic, I have 0 BK and 1 BB, along with a TON of trash gear.

EDIT:
                          Question of mine: What's the best 3rd augment slot for a 10*** BLACK tempest on a HTL and HG based Heavy? I have Deadly and OC on it currently, just wondering what augments are best for this bosser.
                          P.S. I'm planning on using that beast for bossing, concusses bosses even better than my mixmaster.
                          Cheers for your help pal, I'll just have to be patient with black keys I guess. My gear still bugs me though; I get what you say about strongbox quality, but steel strongboxes in NM mode drop stuff like low level red weapons and high level standard armour as opposed to steel strongboxes in events; I got one earlier that gave me a titan IRN HUD in red. NM mode boxes give me that (and similar titan gear) in standard. Stuff that the collection approx drop level is much lower, at least 10-20 levels lower than normal. So I guess it's bugged or something, who knows?

As for your black tempest, I would advise probably race modded or something, that way you'll be firing for longer and your concussion/stun skill will have more effect maybe? Either that or critical shot would be good to do more damage, or maybe adaptive depending on which bosses (things like necro spawns, loaderbots, and zombie mechs are all resistant to physical damage). Tempest was a good find btw tho, so nice job

And again, thanks for your help.

Comment

I HAVE JUST TEXTED SAS4 SUPPORT regarding the lack of black ANYTHING OR AUGMENTS. I've gotten so much 1-7 level chest with just garbage that i sell. I only own 4 pieces of low augment black equipment. I love the game and love playing the L.M.S. , Nightmare, the other ones, but NEVER run across black chests anymore. If Kiwi doesn't change, I'm taking off & if you all feel the same why waste our time & sometimes our $$. Maybe if we pinch them they'll drop a few black ones??
                            Command Master Chief Kahn "Fear No Evil" Dux

Comment

Yeah, SAS 4 has that luck/percentage system that is sometimes good, but mostly bad. I'd just recommend running highroller as much as you can, and hope to get lucky.
                              There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

exactly as scoot says, the higher the grade of box just means u have a better chance of better item, not steel equals crap stuff, just lowest chance to get good stuff.
                                NK needs to do a tournament say AGAINST kongregate lol. NK vs Kong !!!
                                kong aka the hackers of the gaming world....or as i call them, SKIDMARKS script kiddies

now that would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X