Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mobile-BTD Battles - Bug Report Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mobile-BTD Battles - Bug Report Thread

    READ BEFORE POSTING
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Help us find and fix bugs you experience in BTD Battles. Use this thread to report those bugs to make it easier for us to collect them all.

    Read this whole post and try to make sure you're not repeating a bug.
    Explain as much as you can/find relevant. Saying "boomers were acting weird," or "the game stopped" isn't as helpful as you might think.
    Please use the following formatting when submitting a bug report.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Date: When you experienced the bug, if it's on-going etc
    Bug: A name, or brief description of the bug so that others can see what's been reported more easily
    Bug Report: Explanation of what happened. Provide clear and simple explanation
    How to Replicate: If possible, provide steps to recreate the bug


    Formatting with BB Code to Copy & Paste:
    [B]Date:[/B]

    [B]Bug:[/B]
    [B]Bug Report:[/B]

    [B]How to Replicate:[/B]



    NOTE: In BTD Battles, what you see on your opponent's screen is not exactly what is happening on their game. Your game is playing it out to recreate it based on the towers/upgrades/placement they have. This can cause discrepancies, especially if your or their game slows down ("lag", frame drops etc.) This may make it seem like they leak bloons but don't lose lives, or start losing lives without leaking bloons.

    We are making changes to reduce the discrepancies this can cause.


    Missing towers, upgrades, Battle Energy or Battle Score?
    Please email [email protected] and tell us your NK username.

    REPORTED BUGS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Needs to be updated....





    Do not discuss bugs in this thread. This is for bug reports only.
    Posts will be deleted to keep the thread tidy.
    It looks like this:
    https://youtu.be/fDEIvZBoRX0

  • #2
    Date: Today and previously. Occurs in every 1 in 5 to 10 games or so.

    Bug: The opponent doesn't lose lives.

    Bug Report: At the beginning of the match placing no towers can let bloons through and lives lost don't register. Although when I save up for a banana farm, for example, and bloons escape - I lose lives. Alternatively, the opponent placed a tower, bloons that make it through either count towards their lost lives, or they don't. Even sending a rush of bloons which get through (i.e. more than 150 lives equivalent) still doesn't end the game. It doesn't seem to matter whether I send them or they are the automated bloon sends and can occur on rounds randomly.

    How to Replicate: It may be something to do with disconnection issues. It most frequently occurs on the spiral forest track, but can occur on any. Sometimes lives are lost, then in one round later on, bloons get through without taking lives. Or that no lives are lost, despite bloons getting through, then later on bloons escaping lose lives. I doesn't occur on my side of the screen which makes me think it could be a hack or intentional by the opponent, but a bug is more likely.
    "Doors are just human cat flaps that open sideways" - Domesticated Cat

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zeni View Post
      Date: Today and previously. Occurs in every 1 in 5 to 10 games or so.

      Bug: The opponent doesn't lose lives.

      Bug Report: At the beginning of the match placing no towers can let bloons through and lives lost don't register. Although when I save up for a banana farm, for example, and bloons escape - I lose lives. Alternatively, the opponent placed a tower, bloons that make it through either count towards their lost lives, or they don't. Even sending a rush of bloons which get through (i.e. more than 150 lives equivalent) still doesn't end the game. It doesn't seem to matter whether I send them or they are the automated bloon sends and can occur on rounds randomly.

      How to Replicate: It may be something to do with disconnection issues. It most frequently occurs on the spiral forest track, but can occur on any. Sometimes lives are lost, then in one round later on, bloons get through without taking lives. Or that no lives are lost, despite bloons getting through, then later on bloons escaping lose lives. I doesn't occur on my side of the screen which makes me think it could be a hack or intentional by the opponent, but a bug is more likely.
      When this happens, it's usually caused by server lag that's delaying the server message that tells the game your opponent has lost lives. This can also cause the game to not show you if your opponent has placed/upgraded other towers etc. Unfortunately, it can be quite common if the internet connection on either side is weak or interrupted, but it's something we're always working on, and we look to improve on it with each update!

      In the meantime, if you can grab a screenshot of this happening and send it to us via support.ninjakiwi.com, we'll be able to reimburse you

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam View Post

        When this happens, it's usually caused by server lag that's delaying the server message that tells the game your opponent has lost lives. This can also cause the game to not show you if your opponent has placed/upgraded other towers etc. Unfortunately, it can be quite common if the internet connection on either side is weak or interrupted, but it's something we're always working on, and we look to improve on it with each update!

        In the meantime, if you can grab a screenshot of this happening and send it to us via support.ninjakiwi.com, we'll be able to reimburse you
        In some cases I don't think lag/connection is the cause. Today a camo-lead made it past the opponents defence without losing lives, but both are connections were ok, and they continued placing towers. Even sending a rush of bloons over 150 lives can make it through without lives lost, but maybe that is due to an 'invisible' tower caused by lag.

        It's not a colossal problem, and doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, so I may have lost out on a few medallions here or there, but it doesn't matter

        Thanks
        "Doors are just human cat flaps that open sideways" - Domesticated Cat

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep, it's still super annoying to see, but hopefully this will improve as time goes on!

          Comment


          • #6
            Date: First seen June 16, 2016

            Bug: The club arenas are being mislabled when they are turned around to show the instructions.

            Bug Report:


            As you can see in these two pictures, the club arena shown and the club arena in the instructions are different. One picture shows R3 Bananza while the other shows Speed Battle. The club arena you actually play is the one shown on the front, so in this case, you would be playing R3 Bananza and not Speed Battle.

            How to Replicate: Easy: go to a club arena and turn the icon around by touching it.
            Last edited by antibot; 18-06-16, 01:50 AM. Reason: fixing date
            NO WAY HOW DOES HE DO IT???

            Comment


            • #7
              Date: 18/6/2016

              Bug: Huge discrepancy!
              Bug Report: Hi, I sent a bloon rush in battle arenas (normal room) and allthough the rush was already over, on the enemy field it seemed like I was continuasly sending him bloons. I know that when you have low frames per second that can happen, but before I started recording I had good frames. This is a critical bug because I dont know if the rush went through and if I could have won the game or not.

              How to Replicate: Here is a youtube video (only started recording like 30sec after I sent the rush) so you can see through your own eyes what I am saying: https://youtu.be/bZPQhjmcNVA

              Comment


              • #8
                Date: All time after Card Battle update
                Bug: Can't use other decks?

                Bug Report: So, I don't know if this is a bug or I am just stupid. I try to use my deck in the #3 deck slot and I tap and on the 3 and shows my deck. I pressed ready and I start my battle. Then, I realized that I was using my deck in slot #1.

                How to Replicate: Go into Card Battles. Then, play a battle (Any arena). Pick a deck slot other than deck 1. Play a battle, then you will see that you are using deck #1.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fortnyce View Post
                  Date: 18/6/2016

                  Bug: Huge discrepancy!
                  Bug Report: Hi, I sent a bloon rush in battle arenas (normal room) and allthough the rush was already over, on the enemy field it seemed like I was continuasly sending him bloons. I know that when you have low frames per second that can happen, but before I started recording I had good frames. This is a critical bug because I dont know if the rush went through and if I could have won the game or not.

                  How to Replicate: Here is a youtube video (only started recording like 30sec after I sent the rush) so you can see through your own eyes what I am saying: https://youtu.be/bZPQhjmcNVA
                  ‚ÄčIt wasn't that the game thought you were sending bloons, it was just that the wizards on his side were regrow farming, meaning that some bloons were being sent to the very start of the track making it appear as if you were still sending them.
                  yes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fortnyce View Post
                    Date: 18/6/2016

                    Bug: Huge discrepancy!
                    Bug Report: Hi, I sent a bloon rush in battle arenas (normal room) and allthough the rush was already over, on the enemy field it seemed like I was continuasly sending him bloons. I know that when you have low frames per second that can happen, but before I started recording I had good frames. This is a critical bug because I dont know if the rush went through and if I could have won the game or not.

                    How to Replicate: Here is a youtube video (only started recording like 30sec after I sent the rush) so you can see through your own eyes what I am saying: https://youtu.be/bZPQhjmcNVA
                    This is not a bug.mthis is called "Regrow Farming. It's when you have a black or white Bloon and above getting popped and regrowing. This is dangorus if ceramics Bloons are sent.
                    I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here http://tinyurl.com/hkmk97k so see ya there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by antibot View Post
                      Date: First seen June 16, 2016

                      Bug: The club arenas are being mislabled when they are turned around to show the instructions.

                      Bug Report:


                      As you can see in these two pictures, the club arena shown and the club arena in the instructions are different. One picture shows R3 Bananza while the other shows Speed Battle. The club arena you actually play is the one shown on the front, so in this case, you would be playing R3 Bananza and not Speed Battle.

                      How to Replicate: Easy: go to a club arena and turn the icon around by touching it.

                      This bug should be fixed now

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Date: 29.06.2016
                        Bug: Not even bloons from game to players. At least i think it's a bug or glitch.
                        Bug Report: I notice it when ZOMGs start to apear. After few of them showed up, at opponent screen there was brief sight of ZOMG tale facing opposite from others (like that ZOMG is flying to my side). After second or something again - tale flash. And it happened at start of each round. I couldn't make screenshot of that because it was too quick.
                        Then i notice that opponents ZOMGs train makes first turn faster than mine even if firepower is more or less equal. Then i notice that at some moment my opponent have extra ZOMG. It looks like that:

                        Opponent at that moment has 6 ZOMGs but i've got 5.
                        How to Replicate: I don't know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SeniorSSS View Post
                          Date: 29.06.2016
                          Bug: Not even bloons from game to players. At least i think it's a bug or glitch.
                          Bug Report: I notice it when ZOMGs start to apear. After few of them showed up, at opponent screen there was brief sight of ZOMG tale facing opposite from others (like that ZOMG is flying to my side). After second or something again - tale flash. And it happened at start of each round. I couldn't make screenshot of that because it was too quick.
                          Then i notice that opponents ZOMGs train makes first turn faster than mine even if firepower is more or less equal. Then i notice that at some moment my opponent have extra ZOMG. It looks like that:

                          Opponent at that moment has 6 ZOMGs but i've got 5.
                          How to Replicate: I don't know.
                          this could be lag.
                          I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here http://tinyurl.com/hkmk97k so see ya there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm pretty sure that's not lag...
                            Probably a peculiarity with that track.
                            Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okey, I think I just got it. I noticed that it happens not only on that track. It's just how it works -one of player got his first bloon (so his/her side all bloons are shifted) faster than opponents. The count of bloon is the same. I don't know does it help in active game but if both players from beginning don't do nothing one will loose first and no problems with even game.

                              P.S. so, should I delete my previous post?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X