Balance change ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
    Bloonchipper and Village are actually pretty good right now.

Glue gunner and spike factory are useful as 4th towers.
    Yea I can already understand that by watching so much jajajosh xD

Chipper is only used in one strategy and that's wizard farm chipper, or technically 2 strategies which is sub chipper super which isn't really reliable because it's eco. And I kinda do want it to be in a wider range of strategies. And by wider, I mean one which is engineer chipper village until eco is buffed. And I also want to see village come to play without the use of a glitch in the game cough dartling farm village.

And yes glue gunner, and spactory can be pretty useful as a fourth, But you never see it used in a proper 3 tower loadout. And for those 2 to be actually used in a loadout, it needs some massive massive buffs.

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post

Here are some strategies. Wizard Farm Chipper, Wizard Farm Village, Dartling Farm Village.

Glue provides cheap lead popping power and slows down bloons which gives you more time to pop them, it’s kinda like burny stuff from mortar except it doesn’t hit camos and slows bloons down instead. The slowing down effect from glue allows for easy moab defends since the ceramics get slowed down giving you time to pop them.
      I can't help but notice that of the three strats you mentioned, only one involved any of the previously mentioned towers. I am familiar with wizard village farm and dartling village farm, but I think that dartling village farm is overrated, as it is expensive early game, r13 defense is expensive, ray of doom is expensive... there are better options for that. Also in the wizard chipper farm strat you mentioned, wouldn't chipper only be useful for pinks and blacks in the early game? A lightning wizard can beat those if put on strong, and beat future rushes better, too. And if you think that it can help against a moab, it is too expensive. Maybe BFBs, but not ZOMGs, as chipper doesn't affect them. You have to spam x-4 wizard abilities for that, at which point the high pierce would kill bfbs down easily.

Also, glad to know that glue has somewhat of a use if you don't have any better options for leads.

Sorry if something is randomly capitalized, my device has an odd glitch where it wants to start every word with a capital letter.

Comment

Well, does anyone pay attention to the bloonstubers, like Blaze It?? They could make a balanced game. And if anyone wants to stir up some mods, you can.

Five Words. Ten Letters. Say it and I'm yours.
        Me: Do U No De Wae

Comment

How about some cheaper Deadly Precisions? I have seen no one, NO ONE use Deadly Precision as a tower aside from a stepping stone for Cripple MOAB. $3500 for it is way too expensive for what it's worth, and plus Semi Automatic Rifle is far superior in popping power to both bloons and MOAB-class than is Deadly Precision. I'd say Deadly Precision should be $3000 or it should do 25 damage (2/3 Sniper does 3x7 damage compared to 1x18 damage by Deadly Precision).
          If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Sniper overall could do with some help.

What about x-3 Chipper? It has no real use except a stepping stone, and even then the fourth tier is pretty bad. For the chipper alone, it at best deals one damage to every non-moab, non-camo bloon in its radius, for a cheap, cheap price of everything you own. The ability in other installments of the btd series is literally the worst ability, since a x-4 tack could beat it easily, affecting moab-classes (this is talking about btd 5 and bmc) and killing all nearby bloons instead of stalling them. Even in battles, where it can affect moabs and bfbs, it even was nerfed so it can't touch zomgs. Either the 0-4 chipper needs to cost less than a 0-4 tack, or it needs the right side upgrades to be completely changed out. And looking at the x-3 upgrade, which is actually worse than spamming 3 0-0 chippers, I'm kind of in favor of changing it out. In fact, the only two good upgrades for chipper were the super wide funnel and heavier suction, the latter being because they nerfed the chipper to not suck in ceramics until 2-x. Notice that I said were. Super wide funnel was nerfed to not affect zomgs, and it is also extremely expensive for what it can do.

If you notice any grammar errors, it is because my device has gone from glitching and capitalizing every word to autocorrecting words into mostly nonsense, but occasionally obscene words. I hope to get something better for Christmas.

Comment

I wish the X-3 Chipper could do 3x faster sucking in as well as sucking in 3x as many bloons.
              If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Another thing is that I don't really see Tier-3 upgrades of COBRA ever get used in good situations other than Monkey Stim in Mega Boosts. They could do with some discount and/or speed buffs when upgrading the COBRA to this upgrade. If they insist the upgrades still be the current prices, then I'd say a 10% bonus attack speed would be better. By the time they could purchase Tier-3 COBRAs, they rounds would be much stronger and thus worse for COBRA defenses. The bonus attack speed from buying Tier-3 upgrades should make it more of a usable upgrade itself, other than just stepping stones for their respective popular Tier-4 upgrades, even though Tier-2 is even more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructivForce View Post

I can't help but notice that of the three strats you mentioned, only one involved any of the previously mentioned towers. I am familiar with wizard village farm and dartling village farm, but I think that dartling village farm is overrated, as it is expensive early game, r13 defense is expensive, ray of doom is expensive... there are better options for that. Also in the wizard chipper farm strat you mentioned, wouldn't chipper only be useful for pinks and blacks in the early game? A lightning wizard can beat those if put on strong, and beat future rushes better, too. And if you think that it can help against a moab, it is too expensive. Maybe BFBs, but not ZOMGs, as chipper doesn't affect them. You have to spam x-4 wizard abilities for that, at which point the high pierce would kill bfbs down easily.

Also, glad to know that glue has somewhat of a use if you don't have any better options for leads.

Sorry if something is randomly capitalized, my device has an odd glitch where it wants to start every word with a capital letter.
                  Wizard farm chipper imo is one of the best strategies right now. I mean it's absolute garbage against bloon adjustment but other than that, it's very very solid.

Yes, Chipper doesn't effect ZOMG's anymore but it still effects BFB's. So the phoenix spam from wizard will pop the ZOMG layer (like 10 or so), and either 4-0 or 0-4 will deal with the BFB's. Wizard's are very sketch and you never know if it will actually pop everything so you need some support for it. And chipper does very well supporting wizard.

Comment

So it is like an extremely watered down dart chipper farm? I want to try it now.

Comment

Originally posted by worst player ever View Post
                      A few of the worst towers in the game right now is the glue gunner, spike factory, village, and bloonchipper. And I was thinking if there was any way to buff these towers. So here are my suggestions.

Bloonchipper 4-0: 0-3 village allows the chipper to suck ZOMG's (Suggestion by somebody in ailensrock50's discord)

Glue gunner (All upgrades): 0-3 village allows glue gunner to effect moabs (Glue slows moabs but by half the speed of what it would do to bloons. Also deals the same amount of damage as if it did to a bloon)

Glue gunner 0-3: Price reduced from 2200 to 1800

Spike factory (All upgrades): Spike piles last longer
                      The spike factorys are kept at the rate it is because otherwise it would cause some extreme lag, however the rest are a pretty good idea, although I would say reduce it to 2000 instead of 1800 to make sure it isn't too overpowered for stopping bloons from breaking through defences, and the Bloonchipper if you are going to make this work, then balance it out by negating the 15% faster speed increase from the 2-3 village

Comment

Bloonchipper: The idea itself isn't bad, but I just think that because Village is underused, this won't really help much. It'd be a nice little interaction, though.

Glue Gunner: This seems okay, but I think this would be a little OP. I think it would be okay if one splatter could only affect 1 MOAB at a time, as having pretty much all MOABs slowed permanently with the price decrease would just make those upgrades a bit too strong.

Spike Factory: Depending on how much longer they lasted, this would be a great buff. I think around 15-20% would be good. As for the 0/1 and 0/2, buffing those would be nice, I guess.

Comment

Also, how about making that Tech Terror's Annihilation ability can pop camos?

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
                            Also, how about making that Tech Terror's Annihilation ability can pop camos?
                            I don't know how necessary that would be, as tech terror is already used late game, and you normally would have a support tower by then. The only use I see for this would be in boosty random trio with no other camo detection.

Also, on a side note, I miss the old ability sounds. Did you know that the tech terror ability used to sound like the monkey boost does now? Try it in BTD 5 flash sandbox.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructivForce View Post

I don't know how necessary that would be, as tech terror is already used late game, and you normally would have a support tower by then. The only use I see for this would be in boosty random trio with no other camo detection.

Also, on a side note, I miss the old ability sounds. Did you know that the tech terror ability used to sound like the monkey boost does now? Try it in BTD 5 flash sandbox.
                              It would also pose helpful in Bananza Mode, because in case a player sends out a massive Camo Regen Rainbow Rush of Death or if there is massive COBRA Bloon Adjustments added to the entirety of the natural bloons.

Comment

However, it would only affect a small portion of the screen, making something like ace much more useful. I see what you are trying to say, though. Maybe a massive price decrease and a range increase for the ability? Right now, the tech terror wouldn't be very effective if more than three groups of camos were sent. Also, the pop limit is really low on mobile. Try regen farming nearby, then activating the ability-it is far from destroying all bloons "completely and utterly".

Comment

Working...
                                X