No announcement yet.

The most balanced tower and/or upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if Glue is much more effective and worthwhile against non-MOAB-class then it'd be used more often. Glue is at the moment too cost-ineffective and requires too much effort to invest to be worthwhile buying. Compare a 2-2 Glue Gunner to the alternative 1-2 Mortar, which does the same thing but for less time of autopopping. $1770 for 2-2 Glue Gunner $1700 for 1-2 Mortar. 1-2 Mortar does one popping of layers per explosion PLUS the Burny Stuff, which is pretty effective against Grouped up to Greens. Glue Gunner glues a bunch of Grouped bloons but doesn't start popping until 2 seconds later and then another 2 seconds later and so on. But Glue Gunner is still overrun by masses of Grouped Bloons. Who wins? Mortar. How about against Grouped Pinks? Both get overrun easily but by upgrading Mortar to Bloon Buster then many of the Pinks can get shutted down. Regen Rainbows? Now compare using a 3-2 Glue Gunner with a moderately weak defense. Possible win but still able to be overrun. Also expensive. 3-x Boomers with the same moderately weak defense is just as effective but even more cost-effective. And now the dreaded loose Ceramics. Glue Gunner is still overrun. Glue Hose is ineffective at destroying the Ceramic layer while Bloon Dissolver often misses. 3-2 Ninja can easily deal with loose Ceramics.
    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

2-3 Glue Hose plus moderately weak defense would be effective against Grouped Zebras, but it's still too expensive to buy to be worthwhile
      If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy05 View Post
        What about the 3rd Tier Tack, 3-0 and 2-3? They pop decent bloons. Tack late, however, neva.
        Right now, tack is part of my favorite eco strat. It allows me to get 700-1000 eco by round 10 depending on opponent's agressiveness.

You know what isn't balanced? The 1-1 or 0-1 wizard. Costs 1k, less effective than most other towers of similar price. Double the speed of the fireball, lower the base cost by 50-100, and you got a slightly better balanced early upgrade. Still would be terrible against moabs, but hey, that's what your 3rd tower is for.

Comment

Wizard is pretty balanced because it has so much weaknesses, yet can be used very effectively if used correctly. Lightning spam for r13 rushes is very risky but when pulled off on a map that's long and has lot's of curves (something like race track not patch), it's a very good way to defend r13. Again same with bfb rushes, being quite sketch to defend with wizard but still can defend decently well.

Comment

Yep, Wizard is still pretty balanced. Even Fireball is pretty good in the very early-game. For just $200 plus the $550 of the base tower, it produces a somewhat reliable explosion against Grouped Reds, while $200 for the Intense Magic is good against Spaced Blues and makes good along catapult-friendly areas with its 7 pierce.

Comment

The one upgrade that I think is perfectly balanced is Lightning Bolt, which is expensive for what it does but once bought is effective against most early-game rushes (as in Rounds 1-7). At Round 8, a single 2-1 Wizard is weak against Spaced Regrow Whites and mass Grouped Yellows, so another tower such as a 1-1 or better with it is required to defend good enough to not lose too many lives. Also expensive to buy but once bought does great. And as the user "Worst player ever" said about the Lightnings that have capability of defending against Round 13 rushes well in certain situations.
              Last edited by qwertyxp2000; 18-12-17, 07:56 AM. Reason: BFBs not for Lightnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy05 View Post

It would be too OP. Plus, you can mix the reds and blues to make it some harder for less eco.
                I can sort of see where you're coming from. Sure, on Speed/Mega Boost you can send spaced Yellows on Round 1 which is pretty crazy, but that's only one specific gamemode where it would be OP. However, in a classic game, it gives a little more early pressure for sure, but it hurts your economy in the early game, and that will have a knock-on effect for the late game.

It guess it could be nerfed so that instead of 6 Greens, it deploys 4 Greens spread out over the same distance, so that the pressure it gives isn't so great.

Comment

Originally posted by DaScavenger View Post
                  It guess it could be nerfed so that instead of 6 Greens, it deploys 4 Greens spread out over the same distance, so that the pressure it gives isn't so great.
                  The total RBE is equal. 12. 6 Blues or 4 greens. However, they are faster, plus with the speed they come out at, it is just a waste of eco to see them. I believe that the case is solved. I hereby vote the case repealed.

But again, your opinion is your opinion.

Five Words. Ten Letters. Say it and I'm yours.
                  Me: Do U No De Wae

Comment

That might come back to the original problem, as 4 greens won't cause much pressure. Then again, this is a round 2 rush.

Comment

Working...
                    X