Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention btd battle devs! This needs to be addressed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention btd battle devs! This needs to be addressed!

In my last game i was able to confirm 1 thing and have something that you might want to look into for another.

First thing that's the most important on round 44 of this game a zomg will come out of the right side near the beginning of this round but will not come out on the left. While usually this doesn't make much of a difference in games like banaza if someone is playing late game in a competetive play and this happens i could easily see them losing this as in games like banaza where i was able to confirm this because of having things under control on my side and being able to pay attention to both sides as i've had a feeling about this for awhile i have now confirmed this and this NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AND FIXED! IDC if you make it so no zomgs come out or if they both come out just make it fair and balanced this is beyond broken for a game of skill.

Secondly the other thing i noticed which i'm not sure if it's just the positioning of how each side appears or not but if the above could slip by ninja kiwi devs i'm sure this could to. I believe that on the map Offside the right side gets their bloons faster then the left which would make the game once again completely unbalanced and unfair.

So to the devs of ninja kiwi and BTD battles PLEASE PLEASE fix these MAJOR ISSUES!

I can confirm the second thing i was confirmed about. The right side does indeed come out faster then the left side. BOTH these issues does indeed give the left side WAY TOO BIG of an advantage in both cases.

Comment

Certain sides having an advantage is pretty common. Like having different placement options and the boomer working better on a certain side. I think you can still place an extra farm on hydros left side as well. I haven't noticed the zomg thing but I'm pretty certain I've seen zomgs come from both sides before on r44. As for the Ai bloon delay, I've always assumed it was due to lag.

Comment

But its true that I have noticed it on offside more than any other map.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Carney View Post
          Certain sides having an advantage is pretty common. Like having different placement options and the boomer working better on a certain side. I think you can still place an extra farm on hydros left side as well. I haven't noticed the zomg thing but I'm pretty certain I've seen zomgs come from both sides before on r44. As for the Ai bloon delay, I've always assumed it was due to lag.
          Well yes there are things that they can't control such as if the one side of the map has room for say 1 more farm then the other side those are things that are pretty damn hard to fix without a redesign of a map which can actually be expensive to do since they need to hire people to draw it and measure it to make sure they fixed the issue which i'm not faulting things for not fixing things like that but there are things where you have to draw the line.

The above issues i listed can actually make and break the game. Let's say it's random trio and it's going to come down to whoever can get their rush off first on a certain round on offside the fact that they come out on the right faster will indeed gauretnee the left side victory if they both attack at the earliest possible time which i think is going against the nature of a RTS game if all it's decided by is what side you're on instead of your skill. That's just an example i'm sure there are many other cases in which that advantage will make and break the game.

As for the other issue of the zomg coming out on the right side on round 44 granted i will admit that it took me awhile to confirm it due to i'm always concentrated on my side and building up on my defense at that point in time which is why i'm sure no one else has really be able to notice and confirm it up to this point. Because every time i get to that round i see oh hey another zomg i look over by the time i've almost popped it's layer and i can't confirm if they had it or not because idk if they popped it but this time i watched both sides at the beginning of the round and yep i was right the right side does get it while the left doesn't

Comment

I'll have to check out r44 closely next time then, but I can guarantee you that this hasn't always been the case. What maps did you test it on?

Comment

I've brought these up. We haven't heard of the ZOMG so if we can get more info on that it would be helpful. There were some fixes for space differences recently and there could be some more we need to address. Again more details for that is great

edit

The ZOMG issue may be a replay thing
              Last edited by Aaron; 11-10-17, 02:59 AM.

Comment

It's not a replay thing aaron. Like i said i was watching that round specifically since unlike all the other times, i was able to have the luxury of being able to watch both sides of the screen at the same time at the beginning of the round. When the round started I was on the left side of the screen my opponent on the right (usually i end up on the right side.) and i saw a zomg coming out on my opponent's side but i saw no zomg on my side of the screen.

The reason why i could never really be 100% certain of this before is because i was usually on the right side of the screen and my opponent on the left and i was always busy trying to defend so by the time i felt secure too much time had passed to be certain if one had come out or not and i never saw one which had me suspicious. So I thought maybe it was just something that was happening because i was on the right side of the screen or i was mistaken. This time i ended up on the left side of the screen and I can confirm there is no zomg that comes out on the left side on round 44 but there is one that comes out on round 44 on the right side of the screen.

Comment

So in short i can confirm with 100% certainty that the right side has 1 zomg coming out at the start of round 44 that the left side doesn't and that this is infact not an issue with the visuals bugging or one side of the screen bugging (EX being on the right side bugs out whats coming in on the left or vise versa.)

Comment

Except I played battle river yesterday and we both got a zomg at r43

Comment

Working...
                    X