Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the watcher mode even more broken then intended?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the watcher mode even more broken then intended?!

So this thought came to me when this one person would always just flat out quit against me, i thought i want to know just how good this guy is and what kind of stratagy he uses. So i go to look at some of his past games then it hits me....

You can anticipate your opponent's load out before the game even starts if you have a second device to look up your opponents previous games. Granted this isn't nearly as bad as full out spying on them to see what they are using and how much eco they have and ect but it's still at least on the boardline of what's acceptable because while it's not gaurenteeing anything it's still giving you information you otherwise wouldn't have. And unlike the previous problem mentioned there's no way to fix this without taking out the watcher mode that i can think of. If anyone's got any ideas shoot them down below and let's hope the devs see this.

This doesn't bother me honestly... If you play a lot of high arenas, you're going to play the same people pretty frequently and you'll figure out what strats they usually use. Like this week, I've noticed that marwan has been going eco and savage has been using dart farm bomb a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Carney View Post
      This doesn't bother me honestly... If you play a lot of high arenas, you're going to play the same people pretty frequently and you'll figure out what strats they usually use. Like this week, I've noticed that marwan has been going eco and savage has been using dart farm bomb a lot.
      Honestly it is still an issue as it can be used to exploit the game. I've lost a few game because unrestricted banaza (as an example and yes it can go pretty high in medallion pools) it's kind of like a game of rock paper scissors with the top 3 stratagies. those 3 stratagies are...
      1.) ninja, farm, SM.
      2.) Ninja, Ice, SM. (with a 4th random tower to kill regen camo rainbows.)
      3.) support tower, farm, cobra. (I put support tower as there are a few different towers that people use with cobra in this game mode but basically amount to the same thing.)

Now assuming that each player uses their stratagy to the absolute best possibilty here's how it runs down.
      1 > 3
      2 > 1
      3 > 2
      A game of rock paper scissors like i said. That's just the game mode i play the most so it's the easiest one for me to give an example of how people could abuse this. Knowing what someone is going to play before the game even starts allows you to counter it.

Comment

Yeah but bananza is stupid and unfair anyway. I feel like most players care about classic battles being fair way more than clubs. And like you said, spying is a way bigger problem. If someone takes the effort to look up someone's replays, what's stopping them from just watching the live match anyway?

Comment

So switch up your strategies and fool your opponents who think that you will use the same thing every time xd
          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
            So switch up your strategies and fool your opponents who think that you will use the same thing every time xd
            my thoughts exactly!

Comment

You're not going to realistically have time to look up the person's name, find a match they played, watch the ad that's 99% certainly going to get shoved in your face, see the loadout they have, and then construct a direct counter to that strategy all in only 30 seconds.
              My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
              (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
              Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post
                You're not going to realistically have time to look up the person's name, find a match they played, watch the ad that's 99% certainly going to get shoved in your face, see the loadout they have, and then construct a direct counter to that strategy all in only 30 seconds.
                Actually you're wrong for 2 reasons.
                1.) It's not actually having to actually watch someone's game or even enter it there for no ads will ever play even if you're on the phone. (BTW steam and windows version have no ads on them at all.)
                and
                2.) you don't need to construct a counter strategy on the spot if you plan ahead of time. Such as the example i gave since i've played so much banaza. There are 3 main strategies that will basically trump all others except eachother. Therefor when going into banaza mode it's basically like a game of rock paper scissors if you know your opponent will choose rock you choose paper easy as that.

Comment

Well, I’m on Mobile and I haven’t paid for club access, so I do have the ads to deal with.

I still think it’s going to be difficult to find the guy’s replays, track down one that’s on Bananza, figure out the strategy that will most likely be used, and then lock in all the towers on your end to counter it, all in just 30 seconds. And even then there’s a good chance the opponent will use a different one.
                  My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                  (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
                  Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Mochinator they still have ads on my mobile and i have club access.

Comment

Also it's not as hard as you think if you're on a computer.

Comment

not too possible to do it in 30. Honestly I change up my strategy every time. Like one time it's dart-farm-ninja the next it's village-ace-heli the next it's farm-tack-mortar the next it's chipper-buccaneer-apprentice. Just don't rely on it.

Comment

Chipper bucc apprentice... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CreeperSlimePig View Post
                            not too possible to do it in 30. Honestly I change up my strategy every time. Like one time it's dart-farm-ninja the next it's village-ace-heli the next it's farm-tack-mortar the next it's chipper-buccaneer-apprentice. Just don't rely on it.
                            In regular battles you could get away with that but whenever you're in a club room (except speed & R3) there's almost always an optimal set of load out(s). And sometimes those club rooms can become the top ranked battles like how speedy banaza was a 10k entrancy fee last week so people used that to grind and unless you stuck to one of the specific top tier load outs you wouldn't win. So in essence it's still busted for the competetive community as well as casual.

Comment

I made most of those up. I've already stopped using chippers. Nowadays it's usually Dart Farm Bomb. I usually win on round 13 using a Rainbow Regrow ROD.

Comment

Working...
                              X