Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Card adjustments

NEW POWER CARDS
    Mirror: Creates a copy of the card you last played, for the same price as the card you last played (balancing options include a 10-20% price adjustment)
    this would be a quick way to reinforce a defense, as well as being an easy counter to the popular Kidnap-Rush strategy. can not mirror Power Cards. Cant be the first card used in battle (for obvious reasons.

BlowBack: (725$) Sends a pair of powerful gusts of wind from the exit towards the entrance, blowing back all bloons in its path, as well as slowing them down temporarily. Removes Ice and Glue
    Possibly also pops a layer. Double effect on blimps (moab, bfb, zomg) for when you want to keep bloons in the line of fire

Shrink: (725$) Target Enemy monkey's Range is halved and pierce -1. Lasts for 30 seconds

Boost Up: (1050$) Adds 1 Monkey boost and 1 Bloon Boost, with a max of 3 total, and cooldowns charge 25% faster for 10 seconds
    [Changed to:Target Monkey's attack speed instantly increased by 80% (1.8X original attack speed) for 10 seconds. Target monkey's ability, if any, will recharge 1.8 times faster for 10 seconds]

Greed: (300$) Next 3 Income packets instantly come to you, however, you cannot collect income for 24 seconds
    This is when you want instant money, however seriously hurts you if stopped.

OTHER USER Card Ideas

Pause: $750. Game stops for both players for 5 seconds, but they can still place and sell towers and use abilities. Helps with micro.
    [smithr here. This card sounds awesome. Very useful in stopping Kidnap pushes, as well as just plain awesome]
    Fast Forward: $500. Increases the speed of the game by 1.5x for 10 seconds. Cannot be used while Pause is active, and vice versa.
    Recycler 2000 (suggest names): $250. Makes recycling cards free for 10 seconds, and also removes the cooldown after trashing the card.
    Vortex Trap: $5,000. Places a black hole on the map which acts like a Supa-Vac--it sucks in all bloons within a short radius for 10 seconds, damaging them slowly. (Stalls blimps for se time as Supa-Vac pre-4.1.)

Explosive Shots: $2,500. Makes all shots explode when they hit their pop count for 5 seconds.

CHANGES TO EXISTING POWER CARDS

Kidnap: appears in bloon queue, helicopter speed halved, bloons in que cant send until heli leaves screen.
    This is to stop insta-kill where people (for example) send mass Rainbows and then sell that one Ring of fire placed to stop those Rainbows.
    This can and will still happen, but now the defender has more time to stop it.
    Bounty: Now adds 1 cash per bloon popped for 15 seconds instead of 10, income granted increased to 50 from 30
    Face it. Bounty sucks. best used when there are lots of bloons on screen you know you can pop all of. there are much cheaper bloon sends to get +30 income, and the 1 cash thing per bloon popped never returns you money. So why did you play it in the first place?
    Last edited by smithr652; 16-06-17, 08:20 PM.

Boost Up would be crazy op. There is a limit on boosts for a reason. I do not like the idea of being able to buy them back. You're supposed to use your boosts wisely and be punished if you don't.
    Purge is already crazy good. I don't think it needs a buff. Other than that these look pretty decent.
    (Type something here...............)

Comment

I'll just leave my thoughts spaced out per card:

Ermagherd! En Kay iz cahpeeing see argh!!!11!

tornadoes don't affect MOABs normally so why should blowback?

shrink is interesting. Maybe the tower itself can shrink too visually.

Boost is a terrible idea. There's a reason why arena rules limit boosts. Ask anyone who played for those few days when arenas had unlimited boosts. It was miserable.

Greed is also good for when you want to go all in with MOAB rushes or something and will have 0 eco anyway. Nice idea.

Kidnap doesn't need any changes unless you want all power cards to take up a spot in the queue.

Bounty is trash so this could probably help make it more worth it more often.

Purge is a criminally underrated card. If you purge 6 camgrow rainbows all you have to defend is 6 rainbows. That's basically nothing. Doesn't need a buff it just needs very specific cards and decks to work with.

I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Here are some more ideas.

Pause: $750. Game stops for both players for 5 seconds, but they can still place and sell towers and use abilities. Helps with micro.

Fast Forward: $500. Increases the speed of the game by 1.5x for 10 seconds. Cannot be used while Pause is active, and vice versa.

Recycler 2000 (suggest names): $250. Makes recycling cards free for 10 seconds, and also removes the cooldown after trashing the card.

Black Hole: $5,000. Places a wormhole on the map which acts like a Supa-Vac--it sucks in all bloons within a short radius for 10 seconds, damaging them slowly. (Stalls blimps for se time as Supa-Vac pre-4.1.)

Explosive Shots: $2,500. Makes all shots explode when they hit their pop count for 5 seconds.
        My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
        (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
        Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
          I'll just leave my thoughts spaced out per card:

Ermagherd! En Kay iz cahpeeing see argh!!!11!

tornadoes don't affect MOABs normally so why should blowback?

shrink is interesting. Maybe the tower itself can shrink too visually.

Boost is a terrible idea. There's a reason why arena rules limit boosts. Ask anyone who played for those few days when arenas had unlimited boosts. It was miserable.

Greed is also good for when you want to go all in with MOAB rushes or something and will have 0 eco anyway. Nice idea.

Kidnap doesn't need any changes unless you want all power cards to take up a spot in the queue.

Bounty is trash so this could probably help make it more worth it more often.

Purge is a criminally underrated card. If you purge 6 camgrow rainbows all you have to defend is 6 rainbows. That's basically nothing. Doesn't need a buff it just needs very specific cards and decks to work with.
          Tornadoes in BSM2 don't work against blimps because blimps and bosses follow a set movement pattern. Being able to pull them off their path would make them stay onscreen forever.
          Supa-Vac works against Blimps. Besides, it is a pair of "Powerful gusts of wind" I would think stuff in the air, like blimps and birds and hot air balloons would offer less resistance vs. grounded stuff like a truck. Besides, aren't these different games?

I put Kidnap in the queue so bloons and the kidnap copter can't come at the same time. If they did, your opponent would have 0 time to react to the push

Comment

Your opponent already can react to kidnap it they just have to be ready before the rush happens.
            I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Working...
            X