Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mobile and PC be seperated or should they remove all hot keys from PC version.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Mobile and PC be seperated or should they remove all hot keys from PC version.

I say this because mobile users are at a disadvantage no matter what changes they implement. First of all PC users can place towers down much faster and more efficiently then mobile users could hope to even without the hot keys there. Secondly yes there are the hot keys to place towers even though there are none for bloon sends. This allows even faster and more precise placement of towers another advantage especially in the early game where every second counts. When placing a tower down mobile users have to drag the tower onto the screen and try and see past their fingers, where as PC users can just spam towers out as much as possible with maximum efficient placement. And while they did not intend for this i have found out there is a way to send bloons through hot keys. Basically hit a number then drag your mouse off screen this doesn't work every time for me but i'm getting it on a much more consistant bases which is a bad thing cause that means there's a bug people can exploit in PC that gives them even more advantage over mobile.
    Yes seperate mobile and PC
    28.57%
    Yes remove PC hot keys
    7.14%
    No don't do anything
    64.29%

Originally posted by Truelotus1991 View Post
    I say this because mobile users are at a disadvantage no matter what changes they implement.
    LOL good one

I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post

LOL good one
      Scrub ikr
      (Type something here...............)

Comment

yeah lol XD XD
        Stick a knife in a toaster it will be fun they said.

Comment

I'm not saying that people can't over come that disavantage but it's very annoying and not everyone can and the fact that they won't provide hot keys for bloon sends becuase of lack of balance against mobile since they wouldn't have it but instead don't have a problem providing hot keys for the towers that's what really urks me and there's so many good things that can be done if they seperate the 2 versons or perhaps they should implement a full balance by taking away hot keys just seems hypocritical to me.

Comment

I'm not saying that people can't over come that disavantage but it's very annoying and not everyone can and the fact that they won't provide hot keys for bloon sends becuase of lack of balance against mobile since they wouldn't have it but instead don't have a problem providing hot keys for the towers that's what really urks me and there's so many good things that can be done if they seperate the 2 versons or perhaps they should implement a full balance by taking away hot keys just seems hypocritical to me.
            The advantage is already overcome. Let me list a few advantages of PC.

1. Placing towers is so much easier, while on mobile placing down the third farm on snowy castle is nearly impossible, it's really easy on steam.
            2. You don't need to drag towers and can have your mouse anywhere you'd like since you have hotkeys.
            3. Mortar re-targetting is quicker since you can just press tab then re-aim it quickly.
            4. Less lag than most phones
            5. If you have macros it's ridiculous how quickly you can upgrade towers and spam abilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXt731YMQaA

As for mobile, let's put down some advantages.
            1. You can upgrade towers much quicker than you can on pc unless you use macros since the upgrading is far more responsive
            2. You can activate the ability on mobile much quicker, on phone you don't need to unselect your tower and on iPad it's only one tap difference.
            3. Micro is far more natural
            4. You can multi-task far more effectively while sending bloons and upgrading towers than steam can since your fingers fly much quicker than a mouse cursor would.
            5. You can place your tacks behind your boost on mobile, you cannot do that on steam.
            Last edited by naturespirit; 13-06-17, 06:00 AM.

Comment

From the surface it seems as though you are correct, it is logical. However it is not truly as it seems. Battles on the mobile port was optimized for a touch device. For instance, in micro challenges steam users were at an extreme disadvantage to players using a tablet or a phone. The way I see it as I myself am a user of the steam port is, steam has upgrade lag. I find myself being forced to wait before I can click the period button 4 times. Battles on steam is definitely less respondent than mobile for instance. Another issue I see is that you cannot switch between a tower being selected, or a bloon send. You must click then go to the menu then click whereas on mobile you just tap twice, much faster. Overall steam micro is somewhat viable, however mobile micro outclasses it in nearly every category.
              Stick a knife in a toaster it will be fun they said.

Comment

I would agrue this sixth. I honestly feel like steam users have the better micro against mobile at least in the terms of buying and sellling rebuying and reselling and just continue that do that with like mortars and my point would stand you can buy and sell alot faster on PC then you can on the mobile. While yes the PC might be more proned to lag this is only in cases of a shit ton of crap going on at once but this would just support my claim further that they need to be seperated as there are advantages to one that puts the other at a disadvantage and if you can figure out if they are on a mobile device or not (which is easy enough to tell by how fast they place towers down and how optimal their positioning is.) to take advantage of it and if its a mobile vs pc they cna try and lag the other person out (which i really don't see how that's fair in terms of how the game was made to be played) or a PC user could micro the other person out. Easiest examples i can think of is to try and bait the other person into all out rushing then quick micro manage which is even easier with hot keys for towers and then being able to counter rush. Or in PWF just send something so huge neither player could defend it and just micro them out that way. Either case supports the fact that the 2 systems shouldn't be linked as it creates unfair gameplay outside of the original design concept for the game.

Comment

I honestly feel like steam users have the better micro against mobile at least in the terms of buying and sellling rebuying and reselling and just continue that do that with like mortars and my point would stand you can buy and sell alot faster on PC then you can on the mobile.
                  That's the one thing Steam can't do better than mobile. On mobile you can quickly place a tower, upgrade it to 0/4 and because you have the ability button right on the side you can use the ability right away. On steam you have to exit the tower upgrade screen to use the ability which costs time and adds up when you have to repeatedly sell and rebuy towers.

Don't believe me? Try doing the micro challenge on Steam and then on mobile and then tell me where you did better.
                  I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Actually scrub you can do it even faster on the PC because you have the hot key advantage. Hit hot key to bring tower up, click on mouse to place it down, use the < or > to upgrade the tower (another hot key), hit ability, hit the back space to sell it start from step 1.

Comment

And i've done micro challenges and i find it far easier on the PC to an absurd difference.

Comment

And i've done micro challenges and i find it far easier on the PC to an absurd difference.
                        What round did you get to?

Comment

^ At this point I think he's trying to troll you. (No offense)
                          Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My NK Mods
                          Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
                          Originally posted by Trainfeeb
                          Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                            ^ At this point I think he's trying to troll you. (No offense)
                            Please stop assuming things you have no idea about.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey
                              I sense a Never Give Up, Never Surrender troll here...
                              OffT: Ninja text does not work very well when it is the only text in the post. Calling someone a troll does not invalidate the experience they presented.
                              Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                              BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                              YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Working...
                              X