Skin rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin rant

Ok I can understand NK adding skins from btdb to btd5, it's something I've wanted for a while. However, charging for it when I already bought it on BTD Battles is outrageous. I have bought every skin on BTD Battles and I do not feel like I should have to buy these skins anymore. Just as outrageous is that you have to pay for it on STEAM. Steam is the version of btd5 where you were supposed to be able to get every premium thing for monkey money. Please NK, add an option to sync your account to your BTDB account. I don't want to have to pay for these skins again, and people who don't have the skins will be paying $1 more.
    (Type something here...............)

All it is is just the price of one dollars. You should have some birthday money left over, which you should have one dollars or more.
    This is like Street Fighter for the PS2 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy05 View Post
      All it is is just the price of one dollars. You should have some birthday money left over, which you should have one dollars or more.
      It’s two dollars in the US and as I said I’ve bought every skin on btdb.

Comment

There could probably be a transfer system to transfer skins from Battles to BTD5, or from BTD5 to Battles.

Comment

I'm also thinking that if you buy the BTD5 skins first, you don't instantly get the Battles version for free, but you get a discounted price so that the payment across the games are completely equal.
          My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
          (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
          Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Unfortunately because the games are separate in the stores and BTD5 doesn't use the same account system there isn't a way to make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Unfortunately because the games are separate in the stores and BTD5 doesn't use the same account system there isn't a way to make this happen.
              It could be a link to different accounts, whether through PC to Game Center/the Android's Equal, PC to PC, Mobile to Mobile, etc. Though this could require possibly lots of stuff to do with copyright and connections, etc.

My guess is if it happens, which is about never, unless you upgrade the engine, you must have the accounts connected to have the skins available, and you can only connect one game to one game at a time. BUT, there would be bots having BTD Battles Accounts with 0-0 Win/Loss and all the skins, or the Rank 1 BTD5 Accounts with all the skins, which requires pay so they could make money for them to disconnect said accounts, or the joining game can leave when they want. Either way, it's a win-lose (W for the evil) or a lose-lose situation.

Comment

lol why would they ever do that? Makes zero sense from a business perspective.

Also NK is strapped for cash right now so they need all the $$$ flow they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  Could you please attempt to make it happen? Bsm2 and sas4 both have the same account system.

Comment

We would have to overhaul BTD5 to use accounts which isn't going to happen this late in its life. It would be spending a lot of money to earn slightly less going forward.

Comment

Had this been mentioned before BTD5 got the tower skins, it could've been possible, but NK truly has sealed the deal.
                      In b4 ranting
                      Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods

Comment

Not really. BTD5 was released in 2012, year(s) before the account system was made and before we knew that we would be making skins 5 years later.

Comment

Ok I understand then. I hope btd6 has the account system.

Comment

What if a system was made to use ur Apple ID and password that u bought the skins with in one game to get the skins in the other? Obviously this only an Apple solution I have no idea how google play works

Comment

i think they left skin release too late with btd6 just around the comer there absolutly no point buying the skin.
                              just enjoy the BTDB skin

Comment

Working...
                              X