Dart monkey Specialty Building Ranked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dart monkey Specialty Building Ranked

This is a system that I have to rank specialty buildings. Basically, each upgrade for the building adds on to the total points depending on how good it is. The downside removes points based on how bad it is. Along with a ranking of how good the power is, the charts also take into consideration the cost of the item. Each cell can give or take up 1 to 10 points for a maximum of 79 points total. I will try to do one of these for every specialty building.
    Tier Description Price Consideration Overall Ranking Total
    1 prices reduced by 5% $500 not the cheapest, but not very expensive either.This price is about average.
    +5 points
    This upgrade is used for almost every specialty building. It is good for the more expensive towers but unneeded for the dart monkey.
    +2 points
    +7 points
    2 attack speed increased by 10% $500 not the cheapest, but not very expensive either.This price is about average.
    +5 points
    This upgrade is also standard. It has a small effect on the dart monkey since he has slow attack speed, so it’s not increasing as much. It is still good, though.
    +4 points
    +9 points
    3 1 free dart monkey every 10 rounds $750 kinda expensive, but extremely good for its value.
    +8 points
    This upgrade extremely good. Within 50 rounds, you can get $800 for free!
    +9 points
    +17 points
    4 Dart Monkey darts are explosive $1500 extremely expensive, but kinda good for its value.
    +8 points
    This upgrade is the best one on the building. It makes popping leads fast, efficient, and cheap. I use it a lot.
    +10 points
    +18 points
    Downside Boomerang throwers are 5% more expensive There are no price considerations for the downsides. The boomerang thrower isn't really that useful, and the dart monkey becomes a lot better with this building, so this downside is OK.
    -3 points
    -3 points
    Total Points There are no points calculated for the descriptions. +26 points +22 points +48 points
    Last edited by Ptolemy2002; 06-08-17, 04:24 AM.
    The bloonchipper is the best.
    http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
    http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Originally posted by ears
    Ehh, splodey darts isn't as good as you think. It doesn't apply to trip darts/catapult.

Also 1 free dart monkey per 10 rounds isn't that good too, $800 in 50 rounds is nothing.

One more point to make: the boomerang, with maxed out specialty building, is probably one of the most reliable towers in the game. Twice the popping power+two 'rangs thrown=4x the popping power. So basically you are getting 4 boomerangs for 1. This figure is lowered to around 2.5~3x the value though, because it oftentimes does not reach it popping power cap.

Imo the best specialty building are engineer(#1) and boomerang(#2). The engineer's sentry upgrade is so overpowered, and the boomerang gets double the popping power and two 'rangs thrown at the same time. But if you are attempting a world record for highest round, obviously the super monkey building is the best.
    The power of explosive darts comes from not needing any extra towers for lead popping and the area damage it can inflict. The free dart makes it so you can start farming earlier that every other specialty building. A 1/0 engi will cost more than me getting 4 0/0 darts.

The boomer only reaches those maximums when properly placed and targeted. Not every track has the perfect location for boomer placement. It is one of the best towers if the track favors its placement but if not it is still a good tower but is outclassed by the dart.

The boomer and engi buildings are very solid choices but i put the dart ahead for built in lead/camo popping and earliest available farming. The dart specialty is also hands down the best specialty building for co-op due to the free towers and only getting 1/2 the usual cash. I would rate the speciakty buildings at #1: dart #2: engi #3: boomer

The super monkey specialty building is NOT the best specialty building when going for ultra late game. The chipper will far outclass the super monkey when in late game due to most of your popping power coming from the chippers tearing down the moab layers and the inability to use active abilities at rounds like 500+ and even worse at rounds 1000+. If you setup an autoclicker/macro to cast it on cooldown it will cause your game to crash far more frequently than without.

Comment

I just realized that I already had one for the bloonchipper. Here it is.
      Tier Description Overall Ranking Price Consideration Total
      1 Upgrades Reduced by 5% The bloonchipper is now EVEN CHEAPER than before. That's always a good thing. +5 points $750, About the price of most other specialty upgrades, so it's good. +2 point +7 points
      2 Increases range by 10% The bloonchipper now has EVEN MORE Range! Now that's AWESOME! +6 points $750, About the price of most other specialty upgrades, so it's good. +2 point +8 points
      3 Emerged Bloons are stunned Well, no need for glue gunners anymore, this pretty much does the whole job. +10 points $1500, considering the value, this is a really good price! +6 points +16 points
      4 Bloonchipper collects Bananas No more need for the banana farmer. +9 points $1500, That's about $5000 worth of banana farmers for $1500, so this price is AMAZING! +10 points +19 points
      Downside Engineer price increased by 5% Considering that the engineer can't pop nearly as much as the bloonchipper (due to lack of lead protection), I'd say this is a great downside for what you get! -1 point There are no price considerations for the downsides. -1 point
      Total Points There are no points calculated for the descriptions. +29 points +20 points +49 points
      The bloonchipper is the best.
      http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
      http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

Chipper building is still good for earlygame especially since 0/0 chippers can succ ceramics
        I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
          Chipper building is still good for earlygame especially since 0/0 chippers can succ ceramics
          They are very good for that but that is a round 40 issue and buying a chipper at that point in the game is a small cost compared to buying it earlier and delaying your ability to farm. By round 40 in co-op you will have enough money to have a 3/0 farm and 3 2/0 farms and by 46 you have a 4/2 and 2/0 farm and 4/2 chipper if you have the dart specialty.

Comment

imao chipper specialty building is the best cuz u can save MONKEY MONEYZ.
            That only is an issue if you are one who buys banana farmers. If you dont buy them or like to put your farms well away from the track it makes it less usefull

Comment

Originally posted by gakm4 View Post

They are very good for that but that is a round 40 issue and buying a chipper at that point in the game is a small cost compared to buying it earlier and delaying your ability to farm. By round 40 in co-op you will have enough money to have a 3/0 farm and 3 2/0 farms and by 46 you have a 4/2 and 2/0 farm and 4/2 chipper if you have the dart specialty.
              Chipper is stil good before that vs pinks and blacks, a single 2/0 chipper for leads, and shredding the zebra and rainbow layers off of bloons not to mention you're saving money by not having to buy other towers for those purposes.
              I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Who doesn't get monkeh farmerz?
                I never use them or any other agents. Nor do many people who play on steam

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post

Chipper is stil good before that vs pinks and blacks, a single 2/0 chipper for leads, and shredding the zebra and rainbow layers off of bloons not to mention you're saving money by not having to buy other towers for those purposes.
                  They are good before that but they do not have any camo detection which the darts get. The darts also do not need any other towers for popping lead bloons with the specialty building. About 4 2/3 darts plus a couple 0/0 darts will be plenty go get you up to round 40 where a single 0/0 chipper will help you get to 46 where you will already have a couple 4/2 farms and at least 1 4/2 chipper

Edit: this is all done with no monkey lab, premiums, or agents while on an advanced track on impoppable

Comment

Working...
                  X