Powerup Guide by Supperman88

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More evidence that Super Shots don't do anything:
    http://imgur.com/yyiMfwx Behold! Max Turbo Boost and Max Super Shots!
    http://imgur.com/qJOdjVv The leads on the left are getting annihlated, right?
    http://imgur.com/YMv1ded I shift my monkey to the right a bit. What the heck?! Those leads should've been destroyed! How'd that group of shielded leads even survive?

Comment

I think I've come up with a fair test to see if Super Shots increases hitbox size or not, but it only works well on projectiles that move straight forward. (e.g. tier 3- Dart Arm, tier 3- Energy Core etc.) For other weapons there may be some statistical error.

I don't feel like using Powerups yet, nor do I have maxed out Supet Shots (duh), so I'll let somebody else do this.

Equip the set of weapons to be tested.
      Go to level 9.
      Move the Super Monkey to the bottom right corner until it cannot be move any lower / further to the right.
      When the black bloons stop coming from above, pause the game and record the amount of bloons popped.
      Repeat the process but with Super Shots used.
      Repeat the whole procedure several times and compare the data, to see if there is a significant difference between if Super Shots is used or not.

P.s. It seems to be rather sensitive to the position of the Super Monkey, as a miniscule difference in starting position can produce somewhat different results. I don't know if using Super Shots would create a large enough gap from not using it, such that this difference would be rendered as insignificant fluctuations.

Screenies:

Weapons used: Tier 5 Dart Arms x2, Tier 3 Energy Core.
      Last edited by PeterHoHK; 25-01-17, 12:53 PM.
      Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

The final nail in the coffin for Super Shots:
        Did you know that the images for the projectiles don't increase in quality as they get bigger with Super Shots? It annoys my eyes and it'll probably annoy you, too. RIP Super Shots, 2016-2017

Oh and recently, I got Bouncy Shots to level 3 and they suck in Endless. Especially with bomb arms, Bouncy Shots will actually make parent bloons leak children off the screen near-instantly, since most formations come in the screen at Mach 1.

Comment

My test results for Parallel Universe Rank 4: Clone equips additional powerup.
          The Rank 4 is super helpful if you're lucky. Yes, I mean luck. The game randonly picks a powerup from a certain set and equips to the clone. I'm trying to figure out the random selection list, although it's best if devs can provide it. The clone never equips the same powerup as you equip. Also the power that clone equips is always ranked the same as you do, so it's super helpful if you max out these powerups.
          Currently observed to have been equipped by PU Rank 4 (Incomplete):
          1* Turbo Boost, Storm Shots (Super Shots and Phase Scanner unconfirmed)
          2* Blizzard Boots, Burny Boots, Sticky Boots, Sub-Zero Shots, Singeing Shots, Sticky Shots, Neva Miss Targeting, Red Hot Aura, Bouncy Shots
          3* Explosive Shots (the only 3*)

P.S. Never expect the clone to equip anything that's related to blops (Blop Magnet, Wired Funds, Red Rush, Hidden Treasure, Gold Rush), Hotter Coolown, Thin Layers, Tag Team, Lucky Charm, an additional Parallel Universe and obviously, any activated powerup.
          Another P.S. The clone seems like having an Invisibility Cloak on its own even at Rank 1, as it can fly into shielded bloons freely. Maybe it's a bug?
          Last edited by iBugOne; 12-03-17, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iBugOne View Post
            Another P.S. The clone seems like having an Invisibility Cloak on its own even at Rank 1, as it can fly into shielded bloons freely. Maybe it's a bug?
            I don't think so. It's a Parallel Universe monkey, so I imagine that its world mirrors the main monkey's, hence why it also can't fly through areas opposite of on-screen shields. Of course, there's the actual technical reason that it exactly mirrors your position.

Comment

Does anyone know exactly how the Wired Funds works? How many blops do you get out of it?
              Also, if you use the Gold Rush and Hidden Treasures powerups together, don't you actually gain 16x more blops? Since both of them adds a 4x multiplier? Gold blops being worth 4x red/blue blops and 300% more equals to 4x?

Comment

Originally posted by Fourside View Post
                Does anyone know exactly how the Wired Funds works? How many blops do you get out of it?
                Also, if you use the Gold Rush and Hidden Treasures powerups together, don't you actually gain 16x more blops? Since both of them adds a 4x multiplier? Gold blops being worth 4x red/blue blops and 300% more equals to 4x?
                I don't really pay attentiom to Wired Funds that much so someone else can do the research for me.

For the Gold Rush + Hidden Treasure, yes, it does work, and it's how most of us has been farming blops. It's actual multiplier is 12x because Hidden Treasure multiplies blop drops by 3, not 4 as the description suggests.

Using this combo on a level with a lot of bloons (say, level 50, or one of the Helium Heights ones) can get you up to 800k blops of each kind in under 3 minutes.
                Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

Fourside I think you miscalculated. 300% doesn't equal 4x, it equals 3x. 100%=1, 300%รท100=3.

Comment

rainbowmon, I think you missed the "more". 100% more is 200% total. The description in the lab does say "300% more blops than usual.", so it should be 4x, but they are saying that the description is wrong.

Comment

Super shots is awesome. Try using it with Magic weapons, Ice, Anything, but especially Darts, and especially RANK 6 WEAPONS! (all those spikes) Mixing in turbo boost or Bounce Back only makes it even better. super shots is awesome, and the levels only make it even better

And one more thing, Does the Parallel Universe Rank 3 Clone collect Bloptonium?

Comment

How do I get more Hidden Treasure + Gold Rush? Just get lucky?

Comment

Zombiewhales Yep. Though you can increase your chances with Lucky Charm.

Comment

This ought to have been put in a wiki, I couldn't find any of this through Google. I mean, it's begging for its own wiki!

Comment

Working...
                            X