This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSM2 Mobile Bug Report Thread

Report any bug / glitch / inconsistency in the game here.

For individual issues, e.g. frequent crashes, lost save file etc., please email [email protected].

Known issues as of 1.3:
    - Google Play Games has not been updated with new Achievements.
    - Ice Core interferes with the phasing mechanics of Level 40's boss, causing it to never phase out.
    - Red blop counter shown on pause screen change throughout a level, even without red blops being collected.
    Last edited by PeterHoHK; 18-04-17, 05:08 PM.
    Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

I'd like to point out that the Wired Funds bug is probably patched by now. It hasn't happened once since the 1.0.3 update and I've used it multiple times.

Comment

Long version:

I think we should point out specific levels with impossible red blops and what exactly happens while playing them.

On level 13, the bird boss level, I have 99% red blops. While playing the level, when I check, this drops to 98.3% (which would round down to 98% if it were accurate). However, if I check at the end of the level, this bumps up to 99.9%.

On level 20, the rock boss level (I think I'm starting to see a pattern), I also have 99% red blops. While playing the level, this drops to 97.9%.This again bumps up to 99.9% when checked at the end of the level.

On level 32, the yeti boss level (yep, definitely a pattern): 99% on world map, 98.1% mid-level, and 99.9% at the end of the level.

On level 34, I made a new discovery. As we know, this level caps at 10,793 bloons out of the 10,807 it should have. This level has 99% on the world map, 98.9% mid-level, and 99.7% at the end of the level. My theory for this one is that it's missing blops from both nonexistent bloons and instant-despawn blues (which would explain why it jumps to 99.7% instead of 99.9%). This level's nonexistent bloons might explain this whole problem, and maybe many boss levels have nonexistent bloons as well. Unlike this level, maybe they actually fixed the bloon count, but forgot to fully remove the bloons from the level. These nonexistent bloons confuse the game, as during the level, the game checks the blop count and says "These (nonexistent) bloons still have blops in them." At the end, the game runs another check, and it says "Every bloon's blops have been collected, so it must be 100%... but there's still missing blops somewhere, so it can't be 100%...?" It then sets the value as close to 100% as it can be. This is all speculation, but it could at least be partially true.

Level 40, the UFO boss, is a different case (unless it's the same problem on a smaller scale). It says 99% on the world map, and mid-level, it's a consistent 99.9%. Maybe I'm somehow missing a red blop somewhere, despite me getting a relatively easy diamond and then searching for the last 0.1% for a few attempts and missing less than 10 bloons each time, but I doubt it. Found them! Just had to rise up above the shielded pinks shooting from the bottom.

On Level 45, the... bloon sub boss?: 99% on world map, 98.7% mid-level, and 99.9% at the end.

I got diamond on each level when I checked (first time for level 32 and 45!), except for 13 where I missed 6 bloons, however I did encounter the same issue on that level before when I attempted 100% red blops. The only boss levels this doesn't happen on are 25 and 50. I also have 99% on levels 34, 35, 44, and 49, but I don't have diamond on those, and their mid-level red blop % seems to be consistent. I think this is a boss-related issue.
      Last edited by k1d5h31d0n; 20-11-16, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Short version:

It seems like the red blop counter cap is a boss-related issue. For me, every level in the game either:
        A. has a diamond ranking and 100% blops;
        B. has a gold ranking and 100% blops;
        C. has a gold ranking and 99% blops; or
        D. is a boss level with diamond ranking and 99% blops, which is inconsistent with the number shown when checked mid-level.
        The only exceptions to D are 25, 40, and 50, which actually have 100% blops.
        Last edited by k1d5h31d0n; 20-11-16, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I can confirm that level 40 has 100% Red Blops obtainable.

My theory is that bosses are supposed to drop 5 red blops like any other Bloon, but they aren't. However, while this is true for bosses like the Yeti, it doesn't apply to Bloons that existed in the original (BSM2 Flash). This extends to the MOAB and the UFO (even though it wasn't a boss). Still, this theory doesn't explain why level 50 still has 100% Red Blops.

As for the Precision Achievement (Hidden), it doesn't matter what medal you had before; for example, I had a Silver Medal on Level 21, and I got exact Gold (11,800 pops), but I didn't get the achievement. Therefore, at the very least, it has to be an uncompleted level, if it is possible to get at all.

Comment

When you have a low-level weapon equipped and you don't have that weapon maxed out, trying to purchase a different weapon for that slot displays the following message:

"Purchasing the (attempted purchase) will replace the currently equipped (weapon) for your (left arm/right arm/core). It's smart to try out new weapons but you can only equip one weapon per slot."

Clicking "Purchase" just moves the message up offscreen and brings it back up again in an infinite loop. You have to instead click "Cancel", equip a high-tier weapon, and purchase the upgrade you were trying to purchase. This is annoying when going for "Reach for the Stars" achievements, since I always have to go and re-equip a maxed weapon just to level up a low-level one.

Comment

Originally posted by Supperman88 View Post
              I can confirm that level 40 has 100% Red Blops obtainable.
              I guess I'll try again. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be an absolute pain.
              Originally posted by Supperman88 View Post
              My theory is that bosses are supposed to drop 5 red blops like any other Bloon, but they aren't. However, while this is true for bosses like the Yeti, it doesn't apply to Bloons that existed in the original (BSM2 Flash). This extends to the MOAB and the UFO (even though it wasn't a boss). Still, this theory doesn't explain why level 50 still has 100% Red Blops.
              I don't think so. 5 blops is definitely less than 1% of the blops. Also, the red blop percentage jumps to 99.9% of the blops after all of the bloons have left, so I think it's just a miscalculation that the bosses cause. I do remember that in Flash, you could have 100% red blops on a boss level, go back through, and find a few more, so it might be an overcompensation for that bug. I'm not sure exactly what would cause this, though. At first, I thought it could have something to do with killing the boss before it uses all of its attacks, causing all of its bloons to explode out of it. Then while checking, I realized the bird boss doesn't have attacks.

Comment

I'm going through level 34, and I'm going to list when I "miss" bloons throughout the level and possibly why.

Shooting stars: 8. Probably blues spawning and instantly despawning.

Final count: 10,793
                Needed: 10,807
                Difference: 14
                "Missed": 8 (it says this in the pause menu as the end-level clouds are going by)

My theory is that there are two problems in this level:
                1. Blue bloons are instantly despawning and therefore impossible to pop.
                2. The diamond requirement is 6 bloons higher than what is actually in the level.

Edit: On this level, I also noticed that it has a similar blop % problem to boss levels. When I start the level, I have 98.9% red blops. At the end, however, I have 99.7%. I think that 0.2% of the blops come from the 4 blue bloons that despawn, and as in the boss levels, the remaining amount, whatever it is, is lost in the void.
                Last edited by k1d5h31d0n; 20-11-16, 10:33 PM.

Comment

The Taiwanese language setting causes the achievements menu to crash, and only the achievements menu. I don't know why. Other languages work just fine. I tested all of them.
                  Last edited by k1d5h31d0n; 20-11-16, 11:32 PM.

Comment

k1d5h31d0n I've tried to replicate your low-level weapon message glitch and the crash at achievement menu, but neither happened to me.
                    Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

PeterHoHK What upgrade did you equip, and what did you attempt to buy? Make sure you have a low-level upgrade equipped, and that it's the highest upgrade on that path. It seems very inconsistent, now that I try it, but it seems you don't need to be able to afford the upgrade for it to work. It's only working for me when I equip third-tier magic on Ice Monkey's right arm and attempt to buy another right arm upgrade, I just get the expected "You need more blops!" message in any other situation.

Also, the crash is still happening to me when I attempt to replicate it. Did you choose the language on the bottom right? I just need to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by k1d5h31d0n View Post
                        I don't think so. 5 blops is definitely less than 1% of the blops. Also, the red blop percentage jumps to 99.9% of the blops after all of the bloons have left, so I think it's just a miscalculation that the bosses cause. I do remember that in Flash, you could have 100% red blops on a boss level, go back through, and find a few more, so it might be an overcompensation for that bug. I'm not sure exactly what would cause this, though. At first, I thought it could have something to do with killing the boss before it uses all of its attacks, causing all of its bloons to explode out of it. Then while checking, I realized the bird boss doesn't have attacks.
                        My theory only stems from the fact that if you don't have exactly 100% Blops in a level, it will read as 99% (and at the end of the level, it will say 99.9%)
                        That being said, it definitely could be a miscalculation by the game.

Comment

This is a minor bug, but my achievements show an exclamation marker even though I do not have any new achievements completed

Comment

Another bug that I noticed: sometimes after getting a diamond medal on a track, the "button" (I don't know a good name for it) for that track will not update to diamond without refreshing the game

Comment

Originally posted by k1d5h31d0n View Post
                              The Taiwanese language setting causes the achievements menu to crash, and only the achievements menu. I don't know why. Other languages work just fine. I tested all of them.

I've just tested this now and it seems to be okay. Is it only if you're collecting an achievement?

Comment

Working...
                              X