No announcement yet.

Forum downtime issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron , are your colleagues even paying attention?
    Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
    BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
    YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

I've asked for another look

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post
        Aaron , are your colleagues even paying attention?
        Yes, we're paying attention.
        For your interest, there were some database issues we got on to fairly fast about a week ago. We upgraded the Database server to a more powerful one immediately and the errors seemed to stop.
        I'm very sorry you are still experiencing issues and we are taking a look at it now.

Comment

I'm going to be running some updates on the forums this afternoon, hopefully this will improve things.
          Will make sure we get the forums working properly for you guys.

Comment

Everyone at NK please stop whatever you're trying to do to the forums and revert it back to when everything was working properly.

I don't want to see things break apart at the molecular level.
            Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHoHK View Post
              Everyone at NK please stop whatever you're trying to do to the forums and revert it back to when everything was working properly.

IMO they should revert it back to when it first came out, at least then the only issue was the infrequent info 0 error, and some other one I think, but both were not that bad like now.
              Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
              Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHoHK View Post

unfortunately that's not possible - when we started using vBulletin many years ago it was version 3, we're now running version 5.
                It is essential to keep vBulletin patched and up to date to counter new security vulnerabilities that are discovered.
                Whatever is causing you trouble may come down to something like a tiny glitch in the database - it's important we track down what it is and fix it, it's not possible to go back to an version of vBulletin that is not secure.
                I've also noticed that it is a fairly small subset of users who seem to generate most of the errors - I personally have not seen one yet, but I do see the error reports. Gamzdude you are one of the people who seem to get a lot of errors so I'm curious to know what activity you are performing that causes this.

Can I edit this to test? Yes I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Locky View Post

unfortunately that's not possible - when we started using vBulletin many years ago it was version 3, we're now running version 5.
                  It is essential to keep vBulletin patched and up to date to counter new security vulnerabilities that are discovered.
                  Whatever is causing you trouble may come down to something like a tiny glitch in the database - it's important we track down what it is and fix it, it's not possible to go back to an version of vBulletin that is not secure.
                  I've also noticed that it is a fairly small subset of users who seem to generate most of the errors - I personally have not seen one yet, but I do see the error reports. Gamzdude you are one of the people who seem to get a lot of errors so I'm curious to know what activity you are performing that causes this.

Can I edit this to test? Yes I can.
                  I just usually post, and then it comes up with a syntax error, and sometimes when I reload, it shows a maintenance screen. Of course certain users like Super would be better suited, as he gets far more errors then me.
                  Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                  Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Thanks, you and super are my two highest error generators

Comment

@ Gamzdude
                      What happened when you went to
                      forum/ninja-kiwi-games/bloons-td-5/btd5-daily-challenges/94637-darting-squirrel-mar-14-2017?p=94661

?

Comment

@Locky

When I loaded that page, it came up, usually, but sometimes after I post, it loads a maintenance screen when clicking on it, and that goes for last posted, on any area of the forum.

Oh, and when opening what you posted in a new tab though, gives me no results from google, when trying to access it.
                        Last edited by Gamzdude; 14-03-17, 04:04 AM.

Comment

There's that error where the notifications button fails to appear, which correlates to when userpages become invisible, as well as nonfunctional page buttons at the bottom of a page.

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Locky
                            Thanks, you and super are my two highest error generators
                            Mostly since I also get most of the errors that they get. (Specifically the Conversation errors and the JSON one.)

I'm thinking a maintenance should be set in place until this is fully settled, mind you.
                            Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
                            Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:

Comment

I haven't tried on mobile, but on the computer I'm forced to stop the page loading or otherwise the "Write something..." in the post box disappears and won't let me post anything. Profile pages don't load well, they're either blank or they load but I can't press the About tab or otherwise I get redirected to the main page; page buttons don't always work; editing, quoting, flagging and liking posts don't work; space lines don't work as in the above post; the login box is glitched as it goes off the page forcing me to move the page to the right.
                              Spoiler:
                              90 accepted daily challenges.
                              BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20545 (Level 41) - FD: 1 level 40 each ship class - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
                              Originally posted by Lil Yachty
                              She blow that... like a cello

Comment

Copy-pasting images broke in my face. Just yesterday, the images would display.

Comment

Working...
                                X