No announcement yet.

Forum downtime issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded "JSON Syntax" error is starting to creep back in, although not all the time, but when I post I sometimes get the error, other times it just takes a while to post unless I refresh. It's not at the point, where I get the dreadful maintenance screen, have issue loading up pages, or not being able to post upon a refresh, but I'm pretty sure it'll get to that again, if this ain't resolved quickly. As this is how it was when the error first started.
    Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
    Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

• In fact, I got it again yesterday, on mobile.
      93 accepted daily challenges.
      BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
      Originally posted by Katy Perry
      Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

• Yep, the syntax errors are back.

Maybe I should lure Aaron here too, while he's here, since the flagging is still broken.
        Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Comment

• Flagging is a general issue: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...topped-working

That other stuff is very specific so not sure if Locky has been able to find the cause. Just don't say boot,ini for now

Some of the issues will be the oversized search file which is getting cleared again now.

Comment

• Thanks Aaron - yes we've found out that flagging is a vBulletin bug they plan to have fixed in the NEXT update - sorry for that but there is not much we can do right now - but will patch as soon as available. Our database admin has just cleared out some old searchlog stuff, this typically speeds things up a lot and stops the forums from getting overloaded and glitching.

Comment

• You know those boot . ini errors?

The word cmd . exe (without spaces) causes the exact same errors too.

I don't get why it happens. You can type the two words fine in other vBulletin forums.
              BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors

Comment

• The ignore list isn't working... I can still see the posts of people on my ignore list

Comment

• The "Hide User Customizations" button on forum profiles does not actually hide the user customizations, it just refreshes the page instead.

Comment

• Apparently the Flag Post function does work, but only for the first post on the thread.

Comment

• Superbloons321

Between (GMT) Friday, June 2nd 2017 @ 08:14:06 AM and Friday, June 2nd 2017 @ 08:55:33 AM you generated 30+ errors.
                      Do you remember what you were doing at the time?

If you get an error please don't keep doing the same thing over and over (where applicable)

Comment

• Woah, I am such a huge error generator.

​​​​​I don't remember what I did exactly. Maybe I was trying to save some content, but the forum wouldn't let me, I remember my signature got completely cancelled and I had to put all the links back.

Comment

• Just realized you can't type boot.ini or cmd.exe anywhere on the main NK forums either, the posts won't publish.
                          Last edited by Junior Monkey; 11-06-17, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                            Just realized you can't type boot.ini or cmd.exe anywhere on the main NK forums either, the posts won't publish.
                            Yep, tried boot.ini and cmd.exe on the blog comments, comment refused to go through.
                            Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                            BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                            YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

• I wonder if it was like this on the archives too, guess we'll never know since you can't log in there anymore.
                              Last edited by Junior Monkey; 14-06-17, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Before the Flag function is fixed, is it okay to report spam here?

No advertising.
                                Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X