Forum downtime issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum downtime issues

for the recent time, for weeks, this forum has A LOT of issues. Now it also goes down A LOT, sometimes for 5-10 minutes. I don't remember the archive forums having so much issues.

I'd like to ask: NK Does something to fix these widespread issues? It doesn't seem so, because for WEEKS there are tons of downtimes.
    I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
    BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
    my challenges, overhauled ratings
    If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

posting again, THIS is the time I couldn't get to this thread due downtime issues. Not to mention I got one right when I created this thread. It's getting out of hand.

Comment

This has been going on since the beginning of December. 2 and half months ago. Come on NK. So many issues.

1) JSON Syntax Error every single time I click Post Reply.

2) Posts not showing up, which include mine. (I post, then it vanishes and I have to post again. Or sometimes, it takes lots of refreshes to get the post to appear)
      3) The auto-saving function not working since about 7 months.
      4) Edit function not working properly. (I click Save, but it doesn't save. Or at times, I click Save, and it just says "Working..." so I have to refresh the page to get it to save.)
      5) Random 404 errors (they seem to be happening today)
      6) 404 error while checking the notification page
      7) "Ninja Kiwi is under maintenance" error - they happen after posting a reply and changing page, but sometimes they just happen randomly, such as today.

8) Avatar glitches while browsing forums. For example, below it says "by Gamzdude", yet it shows lla26's avatar.

9) First row of member list not being lined properly.

10) Mobile only - sometimes, I get the wrong threads to appear. For example, it could say the last post was "today" but the last post was yesterday instead.
      11) Dark skin not working. (black text gets turned into white, making it unreadable)
      12) Other mobile issues. (such as lla26 not being able to edit posts, space lines, or write certain symbols such as ^ or <)
      13) Deleting post error.

14)

15)

16)

Last edited by Superbloons321; 19-02-17, 01:45 PM.
      88 accepted daily challenges.
      BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 33/27 - FD: 1 level 40 each ship class - AP: 20295 (Level 40) - Rating scale - Forum errors
      Originally posted by Drake
      Got so many chains they call me Chaining Tatum

Comment

Yeah, this crap has gotten out of hand it started in early December, then got a bit better, then worse, and now it's really, really, bad, I'm at the point where I'll likely quite NK as whole including the forums, and just start my own forum, it's utterly ridicules how NK has fallen to pretty much EA & Zynga level of bad, and all get an awful rating from me.

NK if you care please fix these forums, like they were months ago.
        Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
        Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Hm.. I haven't had any problems on my end, albeit using it for very little. I don't see why this is such a huge issue. Just email support, they will read it and work on it as soon as they can. Ninja Kiwi is very busy, and its servers seem stressed by other projects. But honestly, you are blowing this way out of proportion.
          ♫Any other day, all you do is survive, but now that you're here, I can see you come alive!♪

♥Bat Pone Original Character artwork by 'Kitten Nomz' ♥

Come join BRUNOandLOCKY's Discord!

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post
            Hm.. I haven't had any problems on my end, albeit using it for very little. I don't see why this is such a huge issue. Just email support, they will read it and work on it as soon as they can. Ninja Kiwi is very busy, and its servers seem stressed by other projects. But honestly, you are blowing this way out of proportion.
            Yeah, this has been going on for over two months, and it's getting worse, sorry, but it's a big issue.
            Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
            Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post
              You can't say that it's not a big problem if you use the forums very little. For us the people who use the forum a lot, seen the problems Superbloons mentioned for TWO and HALF months. It's a Major issue as these forums are broken as heck at times, a lot more than the archive forums were.

Comment

I seem to be very lucky, because I seem to almost never get your nonsensical error messages except the 404 notifications page.

"6) 404 error while checking the notification page"

Ever since I disabled notifications for likes, I never got a 404 for the Notifications page.

Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

Originally posted by PsoGnar
                The only thing I'm sure of her ability to haunt me in my dreams; and it must be so routine, because all in all it seems so far away to be so close, I want you to know
                BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Guess what? There was another 10 minute forum downtime.

NK has done nothing to fix these issues. In fact, I checked the "is it down right now" website and it says "Down for: more than a week", which is when the problems began again.

EDIT: There was another one, and it lasted 25 minutes.
                  Last edited by Superbloons321; 24-02-17, 07:54 PM.
                  88 accepted daily challenges.
                  BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 33/27 - FD: 1 level 40 each ship class - AP: 20295 (Level 40) - Rating scale - Forum errors
                  Originally posted by Drake
                  Got so many chains they call me Chaining Tatum

Comment

For me it was a good half hour...
                    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, BTDBM Server downtime log
                    Proof that the Viral Frost upgrade is useless

Comment

if there was one lasting 25 minutes, then soon there will be ones that last hours. NK, PLEASE do something to fix these.

if possible, get back the archive forums... seriously they weren't that bad.

Comment

^ Guess what I don't think NK will. In fact, no real response since this thread was created, NK has gotten so lazy, that they really don't care any more . I also doubt they would bring back the archive forums .

And keep in mind this nonsense started in late Nov.

Comment

Three more forum downtimes, 19:00-19:15UTC, 19:25-19:30UTC, and 19:35-19:45UTC.
                          Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, BTDBM Server downtime log

Comment

Ok... now it just happens whenever it feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post
                              ... that they really don't care any more .
                              I don't think that it's fair to jump to the conclusion that at NK "they don't care".

If that was true, they would not bother hosting and maintaining this forum.
                              Yes, you can argue that there has been hiccups on this site. But when NK fix it within an hour most of the time, it proves that they "do care".
                              I can understand your frustration, and your wish that this forum would never have any down-time.
                              But there is a lot going on that we are not able to see.

The best thing to do whenever the login acts up, is for you to try to report that problem to [email protected].

Thank you for your help.
                              It looks like this:
                              https://youtu.be/fDEIvZBoRX0

Comment

Working...
                              X