No announcement yet.

Let's all put on our tinfoil hats and discuss what would be in an ideal BTD6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's all put on our tinfoil hats and discuss what would be in an ideal BTD6

The Bloons Tower Defense TD series is a very popular series, and there's no doubt about that. BTD is the reason a lot of us even found our way here, and even people who don't know about the community at Ninja Kiwi know and play the games.

So when it comes to the hypothetical BTD6 that has no official statement whatsoever, it's really a matter of when as opposed to if. I might graduate college before it's even considered and never get the chance to play because of real life, but it's pretty fun to speculate anyway, and that's what this thread is about.

Sike bois, #BTD6Confirmed

What do you think is a possibility for the hypothetical BTD6? What are you hoping to see?
    Last edited by The Augster; 29-03-17, 10:50 PM.
    UR TED CRUZIN 4 A TED BRUZIN

-SOUP

You have done nothing or say anything,
    and they sudden send you offend language.

-Sam Mick

Well the one idea I had all those years ago that would be cool is 3 upgrade paths with 5 upgrades on each. I still have the document with all the details on it. I won't upload it though, cause it is too messy, and too big

If you want me to give an example from it, ask a tower and I'll give an example
    Originally posted by ZX840
    Why earn/win alloy when you can buy it? - it's only 36 alloy per $1 million
    My Youtube Channel

It's 'ZX840' btw, not zx...

Comment

DDTs and other new MOAB classes
      The bloonchipper is the best.
      http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
      http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
        DDTs and other new MOAB classes
        I actually don't think DDTs should be included in BTD6--they require very specific towers/upgrades to counter and would overcentralize the strategy of the game.

But new, special blimps, I want to see!
        Last edited by The Augster; 23-11-16, 01:45 AM. Reason: whoops

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

I think that there should definitely be new MOAB-class bloons, but nothing that requires special towers to kill. I also don't want the new MOABs to just go up in tiers linearly like the 1-4-16 ZOMG-BFB-MOAB deal. Maybe there is a super tanky blimp, but it only holds two MOABs. I also don't want any OP towers or metas. Triple darts and bloonjitzu were good in mid-game, and everyone used them. The ninja was too powerful, I think. Besides balances to old towers, there should be NEW towers, too! Maybe a dart shotgun or pineapple monkey that excel at short-range. I want there to be more variety in the game, monkeys should have strengths and weaknesses. There was a little bit of this in BTD5, but not nearly enough. That's all I have to say. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Augster View Post
            I actually don't think DDTs should be included in BTD6--they require very specific towers/upgrades to counter and would overcentralize the strategy of the game.

But new, special blimps, I want to see!
            The DDTS don't come until about round 100 when you at least have 1 temple, or enough camo-lead detection to handle it.
            The bloonchipper is the best.
            http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
            http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

It would be cool to see some kind of story mode, like odyssey mode but there could be bosses like those in BMC. Also new maps, towers, and maybe new modes and stuff would be nice.
              My youtube. Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
                The DDTS don't come until about round 100 when you at least have 1 temple, or enough camo-lead detection to handle it.
                At that point they would present almost no challenge anyway.

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

If there was a 3D BTD6, spike piles have a little problem... how are they gonna hit blimps? They probably won't anymore.
                  Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                  BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                  YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Honestly, I do not think BTD6 is ever going to come out, however, in a hypothethical scenario that it does, here is what I would very much like to see:

1)Have the game sold on the basis of a traditional retail model instead of a free-to-play model with microtransactions - To be honest, I would rather pay $20 upfront, but get a 100% complete game with all the content already in it rather than get it for free, but have most of the content either locked behind a paywall, delayed or straightup cut out due to budget limitations.

2)More varied rounds - What I mean by this is making each map or difficulty level have its own customized bloon waves rather than just one set of rounds for all maps. In BTD5, no matter how many new maps you add, completing them eventually becomes boring because you know what exactly is going to come out. You have already memorized all of the "key levels", there are no surprises that can come out. The Mastery Mode and the likes do not really solve the problem, as it is still the exact same levelset, only with bloon ranks up by 1. That is why I feel like designing custom rounds for each map for BTD6 would be well worth the extra work - as the experience for each track would truly be unique.

3)Tower Synergies - Basically, towers affecting specific other types of towers placed nearby. This would make for a lot of potential for cool new strategies and will definitely add to the fun of the game(It would require a lot of careful balancing, but I still feel like it would be worth it)

4)Maps giving unique rewards - be it high-end upgrades for towers, new towers altogether, special agents or just miscellaneous cool additions to the game would definitely make completing tracks, especially the harder ones, a LOT more satisfying.

5)Possible story mode - this is basically a combination of 2) and 4) with some kind of underlying plot or story, and, as such, can be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by olegoleg123 View Post

1)Have the game sold on the basis of a traditional retail model instead of a free-to-play model with microtransactions - To be honest, I would rather pay $20 upfront, but get a 100% complete game with all the content already in it rather than get it for free, but have most of the content either locked behind a paywall, delayed or straightup cut out due to budget limitations.
                      The Dundee team has always done this. BTD5M, BSM2M.
                      Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                      BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                      YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

The biggest thing I want is a co-op match-making system that isn't terrible like the one in BTD5. They give you medals for completing the different difficulties, but make it nearly impossible to get the maps that you want. If they are going to keep the same system, they need some kind of advanced filter that will let you either filter out maps that you already have medals in, or filter out custom maps and medals. Also, co-op mode chat would be much appreciated. Co-op mode isn't as fun without chat.
                        This is my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post
                          If there was a 3D BTD6, spike piles have a little problem... how are they gonna hit blimps? They probably won't anymore.
                          Simple,make the spikes huge. Also we will be playing from bird's eye.
                          Originally posted by Jassy
                          I ate your cookies and now we're going to find treasure!
                          Fungi are more closely related to us than plants.
                          All these animation memes!
                          If only if I can animate.
                          My deviantart page
                          Current avatar:Lunar moth

Comment

There should be an archer monkey and it should be somewhat RPG-ish
                            Does A Cat have meaning or is it's meaning to be mean?
                            Originally posted by Grumpy Cat
                            Being Mean

Comment

I just would like even better graphics of the games mobile version.

Comment

Working...
                              X