Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egogoyo View Post
    Sorry, but:

#1 how would you know if a mod is "active" but quietly lurking, or just inactive?
    Maybe by checking the Who's Online section? Unless the moderators use invisible mode, which IMO should not. People should know if a moderator is online or not.

If your point is to have more mods, just for the sake of having more mods: I fail to see the logic behind that.
    I see, but nobody said it is just for the sake of having more mods and it is not the issue we are talking about, which is that there are often long periods of time where no moderators are online.
    Last edited by Superbloons321; 02-09-17, 02:58 PM.
    93 accepted daily challenges.
    BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
    Originally posted by Katy Perry
    Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

Sorry, but:
      #1 how would you know if a mod is "active" but quietly lurking, or just inactive?
      The fact that there is often no response to reports or flags is telling quite a bit. Either most mods are inactive or not caring, and either one would be problematic. Also, the "Who's Online" tab shows who's online (unless moderators are using invisible mode, and in that case why would mods be using invisible mode? They are there to resolve issues people have with the forum, they should be easily reachable.)
      #2 Are you reporting any problems to any mods, and feel you are not answered properly? if so, can you PM to me in that regard please (I would like to know more about that).
      Yes, we report and use the flag option. Once we do that, it's all up to the mods to handle the rest. But the problem is that nothing is really happening. We're not getting any response saying "We've looked into this problem and it's been resolved." And me and other users are seeing an increased amount of trolling, spamming, and other problems on the forum lately.
      #3 despite everything discussed in this thread so far: no one is talking about any actual "issue": where are the problems in our current forums the would require more attention??
      The problem is that response times to issues are getting way too long. On the archive forums, issues would be resolved within hours. Now, I have issues that haven't been addressed for weeks after I submit the report. Even if no action was taken, I'd still like to receive acknowledgement that the report was actually received and looked at.
      If your point is to have more mods, just for the sake of having more mods: I fail to see the logic behind that.
      My comments in red.
      Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I back up everything MK said, and also lately I've seen increase in the spamming and trolling in the forums, which is due the lack of moderation. Hence why IMO the admins should consider having more mods.
        I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
        BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
        my challenges, overhauled ratings
        If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

I can only hope the forums revitalize soon. Whether that be with Bloons TD 6 or not. It's true, things were more active on the old forums, it brought both good and bad activity, but it was still stimulus better than what we see today. I have hopes, I have ideas, but at this current moment, nothing will happen.

Honestly, I believe I am now ranting, so I apologize if this post seems pointless to you. Truthfully, I'd just like to see what others think is the problem, and if so; What shall be done? Do tell, because I am currently looking at a blank wall.
          There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post
            I can only hope the forums revitalize soon. Whether that be with Bloons TD 6 or not. It's true, things were more active on the old forums, it brought both good and bad activity, but it was still stimulus better than what we see today. I have hopes, I have ideas, but at this current moment, nothing will happen.

Honestly, I believe I am now ranting, so I apologize if this post seems pointless to you. Truthfully, I'd just like to see what others think is the problem, and if so; What shall be done? Do tell, because I am currently looking at a blank wall.
            Nothing wrong with having a good rant... it is a stimulus to activity, if it's taken in the right way. not sure that I really understand the purpose though.... care to expand?

Comment

Well, now that that's all over with, we can go back to wondering why we have so many moderators for such a small forum.
              This is my signature

Comment

Insurance? I don't have the answer, but I doubt asking would ever yield a straight-response. The forum may appear small, but the activity isn't the same at times. I see this forum more of an Encyclopedia at this point...

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

another Issue I have is that whenever there is a problem on the forums, I have to tag the mods/admins via discord. Why? Because PMs here almost never get any responses from them. This is wrong on every level and screams something needs changing.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
                    ... I have to tag the mods/admins via discord. Why? Because PMs here almost never get any responses from them ...
                    I tried to contact rohan with a tower keeper question, because i was told that rohan is the right man for that, but when i tried to send him a message in discord, there was the error that i needed to be friends with him. So when that didn't work, i tried to get a message with the forum message system, but didn't get an answer. I know i am annoying but i mean a simple answer "I don't know / can't tell / am not allowed to tell you the answer" would make me halfway happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3iii View Post
                      I tried to contact rohan with a tower keeper question, because i was told that rohan is the right man for that, but when i tried to send him a message in discord, there was the error that i needed to be friends with him. So when that didn't work, i tried to get a message with the forum message system, but didn't get an answer. I know i am annoying but i mean a simple answer "I don't know / can't tell / am not allowed to tell you the answer" would make me halfway happy.
                      I doubt that you are so annoying that you don't deserve an answer. Moreover, asking questions shows the interest of an enquiring mind. Perhaps you were accidentally overlooked so don't give up, wait and after a reasonable pause..... ask again. I ask a ton of questions and sometimes the answers are obvious when I see them but not obvious to me otherwise I would not have asked. I have learned to be patient with NK. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 3iii View Post
                        Depending on the question, you could ask it on the General Questions Thread. Also, I'm sure if you ask Rohan or Aaron again, they'll respond soon. What with Tower Keepers and Bloons TD 6, patience is really important now more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post

Depending on the question, you could ask it on the General Questions Thread. Also, I'm sure if you ask Rohan or Aaron again, they'll respond soon. What with Tower Keepers and Bloons TD 6, patience is really important now more than ever.
                          A Question: Have you actually asked Rohan something lately? If Anything? If someone says he didn't get a response, it's a fact.

and your posts don't seem to answer the main thread's purpose.

Comment

I have to agree with sniper here. I find the major problem with Scotaloo's arguments is that he is only SPECULATING that BTD6 is coming out, rather than providing any reason why we should believe that it is given that NK hasn't released ANY information on it. Not only that, he then SPECULATES that if BTD6 comes out, activity here will increase dramatically. Once again, we can't predict the future, especially since BTD6 hype is dropping significantly, especially given the lack of information from NK. Then once AGAIN, Scotaloo thinks that with the proposed increase in activity, new mods will arise naturally. Again, mods don't come from thin air, people need to become mods.

It seems that Scotaloo is trying to angelicize NK and the status quo rather than provide any legitimate reasons in support of it.

Basically, don't veer off topic.
                            Last edited by Mk 214 EX; 11-09-17, 06:17 PM.
                            Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Just so you guys know, mini-modding this thread won't increase your chances of getting selected as a moderator. If anything, it will hurt your chances.
                              This is my signature

Comment

I guess I have to refrence what this thread is for. And no, I'm not trying to become a mod.

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
                                and to answer this - you posted pretty obvious things. Obviously more mods is decided by the admins.

I created this thread because I haven't seen active mods besides Aaron and Topper, and when they're both gone, there are no mods around. This thread is just like the suggestions for BTDB, BTD5 etc. It's a SUGGESTION for the admins to consider.
                                also, If you don't have anything on topic to discuss, don't post at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X