Mod inactivity issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod inactivity issue

so I've been here for a while, and I think there's an issue - there's barely any modding here. I mean, most mods on the site are not active anymore. I only think of Egogoyo, Topper, Joey and maybe a little more on this site. But my point is that most mods now are inactive.

I think the NK forums should have some new mods because they really needs some more.
    I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
    BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
    my challenges, overhauled ratings
    If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Agree - there are too many (sometimes long) periods of time in which no moderators are active.
    93 accepted daily challenges.
    BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
    Originally posted by Katy Perry
    Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

yeah, there are a lot of situations now where I need a mod/admin to report stuff and one is online for a long periord of time. That way a lot of trolls can come and there's nothing to do about them.

Comment

This is part of why these forums are dead to me.
        Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
        DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

The way I see it, there isn't a need for new mods.. yet. What little problems as for general support are easily answered by me, or another user. [Y'all gotta be quicker than me, haha!] I hardly see any problematic users around, and the overall activity of the forums is too slow for any need for additional moderators.

Mods who are truly inactive should think twice about if they are up to the job, for if not they can be replaced with more qualified individuals.
          There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post
            The way I see it, there isn't a need for new mods.. yet. What little problems as for general support are easily answered by me, or another user. [Y'all gotta be quicker than me, haha!] I hardly see any problematic users around, and the overall activity of the forums is too slow for any need for additional moderators.

Mods who are truly inactive should think twice about if they are up to the job, for if not they can be replaced with more qualified individuals.
            no need for actual mods? I suggest you to look again. Besides from Aaron and Topper, I don't see who is active.

and no matter if the forums going slow, it can't remain like that.

If you say no need new mods, name another active mod besides Aaron and Topper.

A lot of the mods are inactive - Jason, Special K, Neo Wolf, QuantumApocalypse and more.

Comment

Alright, I checked the entire member list: Which is 4,193 registered users. Out of those users, about 80-85% are inactive [less than 20 posts ever], so that brings down the list to about 630 "active users".

Out of those users there are 10 moderators, TWO of those are Aaron and Rohan. The other 8 moderators are:
              chocolatepanda, egogoyo, Jason, JoeyRainstorm, Jony9001, QuantumApocalypse, SOUP, and Topper.

Jason, Special K, Neo Wolf, chocolatepanda, Jony, are confirmed gone. Quantum is a lurker, but very active on Discord.

That leaves us with.. 5 mods that are semi-active. That's about 126 members per moderator.

So yes, doing these calculations, I do believe we need more moderators soon in time for the Bloons TD 6 surge. You may be right, but it is not our business to be in.
              Last edited by Scootaloo; 02-09-17, 12:36 AM.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Interesting calculations, but the math is a bit off... (where did you get your info-fake-news from?)
                I would not put too much credibility into this rumor.

btw, what has been so urgent to attend to lately: what am I missing here?
                ...none of you have reported to me anything, or is there a broken-PM not going through?
                It looks like this:
                https://youtu.be/fDEIvZBoRX0

Comment

Alright, I checked the entire member list: Which is 4,193 registered users. Out of those users, about 80-85% are inactive [less than 20 posts ever], so that brings down the list to about 630 "active users".

Out of those users there are 10 moderators, TWO of those are Aaron and Rohan. The other 8 moderators are:
                  chocolatepanda, egogoyo, Jason, JoeyRainstorm, Jony9001, QuantumApocalypse, SOUP, and Topper.

Jason, Special K, Neo Wolf, chocolatepanda, Jony, are confirmed gone. Quantum is a lurker, but very active on Discord.

That leaves us with.. 5 mods that are semi-active. That's about 126 members per moderator.

So yes, doing these calculations, I do believe we need more moderators soon in time for the Bloons TD 6 surge. You are right.
                  Unfortunately that BTD6 surge is a big uncertainty, as mobile games don't seem to attract members to the forums as well as web games do/did. Therefore, if Ninja Kiwi needed mods due to increased activity, they would probably do it AFTER the surge, and not before.
                  This is my signature

Comment

Look, here's the quickest answer to this thread: Moderation and overall structure of this forum is to be determined by Administrators in the appropriate times. This thread just seems to want to instigate the Administrators, and current Moderators; Possibly creating a problem that was never even there.

If this forum needs new moderators, it would be discussed by the admin team, and not us. If you feel there's a problem with reports not being dealt with correctly, discuss that privately, no need to bring us all into the situation.

Comment

The point is: the OP wrote that there is an "issue".

What is the urgent need for more mods today?
                      I don't see where the problem is.... what am I missing?
                      The forums seems rather civilized lately, and has been for a while: right?
                      It looks like this:

Comment

The problem isn't that there's not enough mods, it's that the mods that are there are inactive.
                        Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
                        DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

Sorry, but:

#1 how would you know if a mod is "active" but quietly lurking, or just inactive?

#2 Are you reporting any problems to any mods, and feel you are not answered properly? if so, can you PM to me in that regard please (I would like to know more about that).

#3 despite everything discussed in this thread so far: no one is talking about any actual "issue": where are the problems in our current forums the would require more attention??

If your point is to have more mods, just for the sake of having more mods: I fail to see the logic behind that.
                          It looks like this:

Comment

the problem is, I can't find a mod to discuss with. I haven't seen even one that Scootaloo mentioned that are active.

the only ones I see active are Aaron and Topper, but the rest? QA only seen in discord. So as SOUP.

Comment

Look, here's the quickest answer to this thread: Moderation and overall structure of this forum is to be determined by Administrators in the appropriate times. This thread just seems to want to instigate the Administrators, and current Moderators; Possibly creating a problem that was never even there.

If this forum needs new moderators, it would be discussed by the admin team, and not us. If you feel there's a problem with reports not being dealt with correctly, discuss that privately, no need to bring us all into the situation.
                              and to answer this - you posted pretty obvious things. Obviously more mods is decided by the admins.

I created this thread because I haven't seen active mods besides Aaron and Topper, and when they're both gone, there are no mods around. This thread is just like the suggestions for BTDB, BTD5 etc. It's a SUGGESTION for the admins to consider.

Comment

Working...
                              X