Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could veteran players help in fixing bugs/updates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could veteran players help in fixing bugs/updates?

I thought about it for a while, now that I'm into modding, and I wonder if NK would like to consider this as well, if it is possible.
    Original Post
    Originally posted by incognito View Post
    Could it be an option for NK to recruit some volunteer programmers to help with selected game elements. I'm sure there would be many talented long term NK fans would jump at the chance to help out.
    Have you played an NK game and have plenty of knowledge on it? Do you have some experience in coding as well?

If so, then you may be a candidate for a volunteer programmer working on behalf of NK to help with selected game elements (mostly bug fixing).

As much as I hate to say this, NK is very lazy when it comes to fixing bugs, so that is why I'm throwing this option out there.
    I have a feeling an admin will lock this thread sooner or later, so here's your chance.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
    Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
    Originally posted by Bobby Alexander
    Originally posted by crazywhiteman418
    Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Unfortunately not. On the surface it sounds reasonable but sharing our code, working with people to make sure it works, checking code so we know what's happening etc. would defeat the purpose.

You may be confusing laziness with not having infinite time. It's the lack of time that means we can't solve every problem so doing things that take up even more time is unlikely to help. Unless you've got some professionals who want to work for free! Then send them to New Zealand!

Comment

That'll be quite a step for me. If only I could fast forward a few years later I wouldn't mind doing some work... but then again, quite a stretch, even if I've already been able to fix a few basic bugs in the process (monkey teams not paying out in MvMs for example, which I've posted on the bug report thread) which take literally only minutes to patch I reckon.

If sharing code could only go through PMs, could that work? Or is even that asking too much?

As far as getting profs only time will tell I guess, as I'm only one teen that's still got a few more years to add to his belt... :/
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 01-06-17, 03:12 AM.
      Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
      Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
      Originally posted by Bobby Alexander
      Originally posted by crazywhiteman418
      Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Comment

It's unlikely we would ever use code/art directly from anyone outside the company.

Comment

Then again, how can NK trust employees to not share secrets about their company and code?
          My profile (36,565 AP, Level 49 - Master of Masters) Ratings v2.0 My accepted DC's

Comment

Originally posted by AFN7 View Post
            Then again, how can NK trust employees to not share secrets about their company and code?
            They probably have to sign in a NDA (or something similar in New Zealand), so if there are any leaks, they can sue them. Plus, the people working in the NK are all pros, so they would not even try ruin their reputation by leaking some info outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Unfortunately not. On the surface it sounds reasonable but sharing our code, working with people to make sure it works, checking code so we know what's happening etc. would defeat the purpose.

You may be confusing laziness with not having infinite time. It's the lack of time that means we can't solve every problem so doing things that take up even more time is unlikely to help. Unless you've got some professionals who want to work for free! Then send them to New Zealand!
              Maybe they could suggest a possible fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemomon View Post

They probably have to sign in a NDA (or something similar in New Zealand), so if there are any leaks, they can sue them. Plus, the people working in the NK are all pros, so they would not even try ruin their reputation by leaking some info outside.
                Doesn't literally every company and government in existence do this?
                Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

Doesn't literally every company and government in existence do this?
                  Not always, I have been working as a translator/proofreader of board and card games for 8 years, several times working with games that were not announced yet, and I was not under a NDA. It depends on a company You work in.

Comment

Working...
                  X