Mystery of the Mob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of the Mob

Welcome to Mystery of the Mob, a kind of RPG in which you look for a Mob Boss to try and stop the stuff he's doing in the city you're living in.

Well, it's not really as battle-heavy as most other RPGs, you'll find out soon enough.

A little bit of backstory:
    New York is a pretty nice city, if you're going by the luxuries and stuff.

Unfortunately, according to whatever multiverse stuff you've learned about, you're stuck with a not very nice New York; overrun by crime that you're very sure is run by a huge, uncontested mob. And in a fit of sudden, localized patriotism, you want to put an end to all this. The law be darned, you're going to make your city safe.

Sign-Up:
    Name:
    General Description: (Describe your character, I dunno. I didn't really plan this out.)
    Power: (optional, can only be powerful enough to be considered freakish compared to the average person, but plausible. Hax should not be too broken.)

Players:
    Edwardtruong2006:
    Name: Ava Iniquitas
    General Description: A local police officer who is usually bored out of her mind. Until, a freak accident happened.
    Powers: Due to that freak accident, Ava got the power to pick up two item, mix them together. Then, get a completely random item from those two items. The combination for each item in the world changes every 2 minutes. I'm out of ideas and effort now.

DragonSlayerz:
    Name:Corrin Dragonling
    Backstory:Was born with the ability to temporarily turn into a small armored water dragon. Now works at a water filtration plant near the city
    Powers:When in human form, he happens to be stronger than most people. When in dragon form, he can control masses of water, up to about the size of a swimming pool. The dragon form is heavily armored (like bulletproof) and has extraordinary strength.
    Height: 5'11",or 7'3" depending on which form Corrin is in
    Strength:Can lift up to 200 pounds. In dragon form, Corrin can lift 750 pounds or more.

olegoleg123:
    Name: Alexander Vendetta
    Backstory: Formerly a member of the local mafia who later became disillusioned in thier activities, changed his identity to hide both from the police and his former boss and now(as the name probably suggests) acts as a vigilante. (Insert common comic book backstory)
    Powers: Marksmanship. Alexander is skilled with a variety of firearms, ranging from pistols to machineguns and sniper rifles, combined with swift reflexes. No "explicitly" supernatural powers.

Gordyman:
    Name: Xing Wuhan

General Description: A doctor. Extremely dangerous when angered.

Powers: Has the ability to mark a point in space that he can see. He can remotely detonate the marked location, which makes everything within 0.5 to 1.5 meters implode into the point, and then explode. The resulting explosion depends on what imploded into the marked point.

Angry1:
    "Real" Name: Alan Gryph, Prefers to be called Angry

General Description: Born to a family of mutated humans, each of them being born with one element aligned with the,

Power: Aligned to electricity, Angry/Alan has the ability to shoot small lightning balls and paralyze for brief moments while in human form, He can also change into an "Overcharged" mode where he turns into pure electricity for -at most- 30 minutes, where his abilities are powered up

BDDPPP:
    Name: Lon "Thames" Don III Jr, esq.
    General Description: After living a terrible life as heir to the throne in England, Lon sailed a one way trip across the sea to New York. ...It was worse.
    Power: I can make someone see one of my memories. I've had some pretty bad ones.

goldthunderbird999:
    Name: Gold Auros
    General Description: A pretty average guy with a knack for quick thinking and improvised plans containing an unhealthy amount of stupidity. Annoyed with the mob, because, they're the mob. Does he really need a reason? Not really a direct-combat guy. He's always had a fantasy about using his throwing skills to throw a Pebble of Distraction in true cartoon fashion.
    Power: Can throw objects with ludicrous accuracy. (Good with trajectories and can do calculations on the fly.) He can also generalize this a bit. For example, if he were comedically tossed down the stairs, he could use his intuition with trajectories to carefully aim his fall onto some conveniently-placed nearby location.

Bowser1810:
    Name: Taliyah Amari
    Background: A former military sniper, Taliyah was the best in her class. Her rifle is covered in notches, to represent her kills in the career. She prefers to wear a cloak, and night ops mask to stay concealed, and see the targets from far away. One operation in the Egyptian army, her squad was all killed by a unnoticed enemy group. Mortally wounded, she was saved at the last minute by medics. She now works as a bounty hunter, because she can no longer trust anyone after the incident.
    Description: A stealthy sniper wearing a cloak, and a enemy targeting mask, her identity is unknown. Nobody knows Taliyah is still alive. The cloak is black with blue marks, and the mask is black with blue marks on it
    Powers: Now missing an eye, and the other one cybernetic, her vision with her aiming eye is incredible. Now, she rarely needs a scope. Cybernetic upgrades from the medics allow her to run at unparalleled speeds. She can take down an entire operation without being noticed with crescent blades, or a rapier

Mk 214 EX:
    Name: Alex Reese
    General Description: Just an ordinary guy.....not. Quite the prepper, and also in the military reserves. Was eventually gifted with a Stand at some point, and also dresses rather formally and drives nice cars (all insured heavily). It's not really known where he gets his money, some say it's from the stock market, others say it's from price gouging survival supplies from a convenience store he manages.
    Powers: Has a Stand, Teen Spirit. Teen Spirit is a humanoid Stand that can extract the life essence/soul of a single target, then manifest it into a physical object, typically a sphere, which can be moved and manipulated. The sphere can be damaged and/or destroyed, doing so can mentally scar or even kill the target instantly, depending on the level of damage done. The target is immobilized while Teen Spirit is grabbing their life essence/soul, but Teen Spirit can only hold onto someone's life essence/soul for several seconds. Teen Spirit can lock onto targets normally not visible (i.e. people inside vehicles or behind cover), however there must be knowledge that the person is there in order for Teen Spirit to work. In addition, Teen Spirit also has superhuman strength and speed.

Hyperfairy777:
    Name: James
    description: Some say, he's the decendant of a legend, others say he's an idiot dragged up from underground after he'd been conversing with two skelletons.
    all we know is: 1, he has a sonic shock palm and is not afraid to use it,
    2: he has a lot of DETERMINATION. (Whatever that is....)
    and 3: his sister Serina is Infinitely more capeable than he is.
    Powers: a sonic shock palm, a bone, a blue bone and a bit of DETERMINATION.

RaPiD JazZ:
    Name: Quadrin Barton

General description: Relatively ordinary guy with a weird first name, black hair and golden eyes. 'Inherited' debt which he is now working to pay off.

Powers: Money seems to be easier to receive and goes further then expected, as if fortune smiles upon him. Can do some neat magic tricks with coins.

MajesticCabalar:
    Name: Niko Rodgers

Backstory: When Niko was younger he lived to rock climb and do obstacle courses. He also was a nerd and was smart. Kids picked on him all the time for being smart and knowing a lot. One day, when he was on an obstacle course he fell off because he decided not to use a harness. He heard a voice crying from a tunnel nearby and decided to go in. The old man in the tunnel said that he is severely injured from this fall and at never walk again. The old man said he could fix them but he would gain dangerous powers that would be hard to control. Niko was eager to gain powers but he didn't care about the risk. So, the old man gave him the powers and healed him and he got his powers. He wanted the powers so much because he was so tired of being made fun of. When he got home, he accidentally burned down his house with his new powers and murdered his parents. He survived this but new this power was a curse. He searched all over the world to find a place that could help him control his powers. Eventually, he found Parbat Al Yon. A place to train people with powers. After years of study he was able to master his control over the elements and get peak endurance, strength, and speed. He returned back to his hometown secretly fighting crime in the night.

Powers/Abilities: Able to control the 4 main elements. Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. He also has peak physical strength, speed, and endurance.

big guy:
    Name: Frederick (Freddy) Crane
    General Description: a self-styled vigilante/anarchist, also a teenager (17). Average heighth/weight, with slick black hair and fiery blue eyes. Has a few ear piercings. his name is tatooed over his heart. Runaway, not a orphan.
    Power: Extremely intelligent (but a little bit off-kilter). Has a strangely large arsenal of weapons and ammunition.

island ko:
    Name:Peyton
    General Description:Peyton prefers to be male despite him being a hermaphroditic. He had trouble blending in and would wear chest binders when he comes outside so it's easier to say he's a male without people judging (but it doesn't do too much due to his long hair and slightly large hips). This was him most of the time until this happened which altered his appearance a lot.
    Power:He can fly with his four wings and now his left eye hypnotizes people and animals (so his hides it unless needed).
    Last edited by BloonofSteel; 07-01-17, 09:01 AM.
    I've been gone for like six months and suddenly I don't think I should reveal all of what about me changed right away.
    Anyway go check out TBKA it's pretty cool.
    Also Tinkopalypse.
    Knights of Noir is good too.

Oh hey! Is this that low-effort minecraft rp? I'm in!

Name: Ava Iniquitas
    General Description: A local police officer who is usually bored out of her mind. Until, a freak accident happened.
    Powers: Due to that freak accident, Ava got the power to pick up two item, mix them together. Then, get a completely random item from those two items. The combination for each item in the world changes every 2 minutes. I'm out of ideas and effort now.
    Originally posted by Random Dude
    Hey! I like this random dude. Go check out his Youtube Channel!

Current Avatar: Yakko, Wakko, Pinky, Dot, and The Brain
    Is putting in random colors for no reason
    Made this signature at 12:24 AM
    Creator of this Forum Game
    I don't know anymore.

Comment

Well uh actually this is not the low effort Min-

Actually my idea for the plot is very similar... you know what, let's say it is.

I'll be adding you. Meanwhile, you'll have spawned in your rather small but comfortable apartment.
      I've been gone for like six months and suddenly I don't think I should reveal all of what about me changed right away.
      Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

(I'm assuming there will be mods. So I'll do some realistic things.)

"Alright, my apartment is here. Though I do kind of want a computer. I'll go to the market!" I head to a supermarket.

I don't know anymore.

Comment

You make your way to the supermarket.

You also currently have $10,000 in your bank account. Seems like a lot, but these are quite literally your life savings.
          Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

Name:Corrin Dragonling
            Backstory:Was born with the ability to temporarily turn into a small armored water dragon. Now works at a water filtration plant near the city
            Powers:When in human form, he happens to be stronger than most people. When in dragon form, he can control masses of water, up to about the size of a swimming pool. The dragon form is heavily armored (like bulletproof) and has extraordinary strength.
            Height: 5'11",or 7'3" depending on which form Corrin is in
            Strength:Can lift up to 200 pounds. In dragon form, Corrin can lift 750 pounds or more.
            I'd say that it's been 4 months since I've posted on the NK Forums

Comment

I go to the water plant and get to work.
              I'd say that it's been 4 months since I've posted on the NK Forums

Comment

I go to the computer's section to see the cheapest, new computer.

I don't know anymore.

Comment

I'll refer to you by character names after the first post involving you.

DragonSlayerz: Added. You make your way to the water plant. It's quite busy in the morning, but what you really dread are the nights, with mugging rampant in the alleys and corners between all these industrial buildings.

That being said, you treat water for domestic use, so at least you're doing some good in this city.

Ava: You find an up-to-date laptop for $500. Unfortunately, computers aren't exactly cheap around these parts.

You see two teenagers looking at some of the laptops as well, discussing stuff with each other.

"...and I had to fire a beam of light into his eyes and run. I can't believe how often this happens to us."

"Yeah, we probably made a mistake moving here. Maybe once we get some cheap laptops we'll scrounge up the money for some tickets and book it outta here."

The first one sounds vaguely Russian, and the other sounds like an impossibly generic male voice that's like 10 years ahead of how he ought to sound like.
                  Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

Name: Alexander Vendetta
                    Backstory: Formerly a member of the local mafia who later became disillusioned in thier activities, changed his identity to hide both from the police and his former boss and now(as the name probably suggests) acts as a vigilante. (Insert common comic book backstory)
                    Powers: Marksmanship. Alexander is skilled with a variety of firearms, ranging from pistols to machineguns and sniper rifles, combined with swift reflexes. No "explicitly" supernatural powers.

Comment

Added.

You are now in your not-that-small apartment. It's only a little bigger than most affordable apartments, but you know for a fact that it's far more different than in just size. Nobody really checks the cleaner's closet, after all.

It is currently 8 in the morning. Daytime crime is present, but compared to the night it's hardly even there.
                      Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

He looks into the window.

Comment

You look through the window.

Your apartment is settled in one of the nastier parts of New York, which makes it quite easy to intervene for any shootouts and/or muggings. Yes, there are small, local gangs, but they don't stand a chance against who you once worked for.

Of course, nobody really breaks into any of these homes, because other than your head, there's nothing much of value in them.
                          Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

"Real" Name: Alan Gryph, Prefers to be called Angry

General Description: Born to a family of mutated humans, each of them being born with one element aligned with the,

Power: Aligned to electricity, Angry/Alan has the ability to shoot small lightning balls and paralyze for brief moments while in human form, He can also change into an "Overcharged" mode where he turns into pure electricity for -at most- 30 minutes, where his abilities are powered up

Comment

Added.

Like many of the other players, you spawn in your small apartment in New York. It is still the morning.
                              Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

Working...
                              X