No announcement yet.

Good vs Evil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

489.5 (+3) I toss "These Heaux" by Bhad Bhabie into fire. (it seriously blows chunks)

Originally posted by Spectrum Pulse
    This is the second time this girl - otherwise known as Danielle Bregoli, otherwise known as the #CashMeOutside girl from Dr. Phil - has wound up on the Hot 100 - and this point, it's not even a meme anymore but a girl finding a way to stretch her fifteen minutes into the second half of 2017. And at this point i don't really know who to blame for this: Kodak Black for plugging her first after the meme took off, her producers and managers that gave her a rinkydink set of shallow synths and rickety trap percussion to work with, the fact that for some ungodly reason Jake Paul saw fit to give this girl a cosign because of course he did. But really, the larger issue is that this song blows chunks: Bregoli's voice rivals Kreayshawn's in pure annoyance and yet with none of the satirical edge, and her content is the sort of ugly, by-the-numbers flexing that forces rhymes and offers absolutely nothing interesting. The most I'll say is that she can at least connect some of her rhymes, but if there's a song that's trying to pick up all the swagger of 'Bodak Yellow' and failing, it's this one.
    Inspirational lyrics of the week:

Originally posted by Beyoncé
    Hey! I'ma keep running / Cause a winner don't quit on themselves
    Rating Scale v2.1, Album ratings/song rankings, Year-end rankings

Comment

490.5 (+1) I look at this quote itself.
      Chasi Cheesemaster Weran [Sep 13 06:04 AM]: "Murderers trade their victim's lives for their own freedom. The cycle is unavoidable." ~ Anonymous Quoter
      Chasi Cheesemaster Weran [Sep 13 06:04 AM]: I don't want to hold the quote to mine, since I think someone thought of this before.
      Don't tell Scarlett that I am checking this forum as I cook the grilled cheese sandwiches.

Profile picture at the moment: Rudy.

[B:
      other forums[/B]:]

Other forums listed here: Flipline, NK profile.
      NK profile: Bloonsfan101FIRE (since bloonsfan101 was taken)
      NK forum v3 profile: CheeseyRudy (right now)
      Flipline Forum Profile: Chasi Cheesemaster Weran (used to be dar, and icariandjunari.)

Comment

494.5 (+4) for "No Fear" by Dej Loaf.
        I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
        BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
        my challenges, overhauled ratings
        If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

497.5 (+3) for "Greatest Love Story" by LANCO.

Comment

500 (+2.5) For "Aircraft Carriers" in BMC Flash.

Good: 1
            Evil: 0

252 (+2) For Dart Monkey MK in BMC.
            Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
            Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
            Originally posted by Bobby Alexander
            Originally posted by crazywhiteman418
            Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Comment

249.5 (-2.5) for "Ready for it" by Taylor Swift. (it blows)

Comment

246.5 (-3) For "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift. (when I first heard the pre-chorus build up to and transition to the chorus, my reaction was "uhh... wait, what the hell?". It completely dropped the ball with whatever trace of melodic progression that was there. Won't bother with dropping it below 2.5/10)

Originally posted by Spectrum Pulse
                I was talking with a fellow critic on YouTube today, and we conversed about this song. The one thing that immediately came to his mind was 'oh, it's like when Garth Brooks did the whole Chris Gaines thing'. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense: An artist taking established cache in their genre, and then throwing it out the window in order to sound "darker" or "more imposing", shredding any sort of previous reputation to make an inarticulate statement that ultimately ends up swallowing its own tail. I've already ranted on Twitter about this song, I highly recommend that you check that out there. Let's cut to the meat about the matter here. This is a song that's trying to be dark and edgy, focusing on "look what you made me do". Stop, Taylor, for as much as you have pushed for women to maintain agency of their own, saying that "they" made you do this? Screw off with that, especially when it comes down to the actual sound and the style of this record. You get the guys from Right Said Fred, and don't really bring in any sort of significant melody behind the song? Seriously, is this the best you can do for a lead-off single with all this much pomp and significance in a completely overdone video? You might rip on previous versions of Taylor, but they had personality and a melody behind them. Again, this is reflecting of somebody who has basically been so cloistered by her scene and circle, that they reach a point of such extreme fame that all she can draw upon is further artifice. She's feeding on her own legacy in order to perpetuate some sort of artistic advancement. The sad fact is that she's relying on old grudges to bear forth some sort of art, and it's not working. It's repeating something that we thought we were done with eight years ago Taylor. You know what? I remember going back to stuff like 'Back to December', or songs that I actually liked such as 'Clean' from 1989, or the couple of songs I liked off of Red, such as the one she did with Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol. This? There's nothing. It's a facsimile of a facsimile, a copy of a copy; sounds and tones that just don't add up to anything. The fact that it's trying to be "edgy" when it feels so flimsy like this? No, I don't buy it, not for a second.
                Inspirational lyrics of the week:

Originally posted by Beyoncé
                Hey! I'ma keep running / Cause a winner don't quit on themselves
                Rating Scale v2.1, Album ratings/song rankings, Year-end rankings

Comment

243 (-3.5) for "Roll in Peace" by Kodak Black ft. XXXTentacion.

Comment

241 (-2) For Dartling MK in BMC. (Pretty lousy if you ask me.)

Comment

• 237.5 (-3.5) for "Ohio Fried Chicken" by Jake Paul ft. Team 10.

Comment

• 236 (-1.5) for "Neon Light" by Blake Shelton. (4/10, not good)

Comment

• 234.5 (-1.5) for "No Music" by Jacob Sartorius. (ZZZZZZ... The title is pretty self explantory)

Comment

• 231.5 (-3) For today's NK blog. (Worst I've seen in a while.)
                            Last edited by Junior Monkey; 16-09-17, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• 234.5 (+3) for "Rich Love" by OneRepublic ft. Seeb. (I Do really like it)

Comment

• 238.5 (+4) I toss the "Friday the 13th" blog post into fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X