No announcement yet.

The Creator Project 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "... Glad that cleared that up. An AI intrusion was detected in our nation, attempting to contact this person. High-level student at a good university, no prior record, nothing else... except frequent contact with someone from Singapore. The only purpose for this AI intrusion, as we can detect, was simply to contact this person. Your... diplomatic... response makes me throw out my first hypothesis, so it's safe to say you have a rogue AI on your hands, or soon to be in your hands."
    Originally posted by Cave Johnson
    "All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Comment

• "I see..."

Turn away from my phone to swear. This ONE TERRORIST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD-

"Well, regarding your previous requests...it's quite convenient that my medical team has developed a healing salve made of nanites. It's not too effective yet, but I'm hoping that with your assistance, we will be able to develop our medical technology even further and make my country the best to live in."
      I've been gone for like six months and suddenly I don't think I should reveal all of what about me changed right away.
      Anyway go check out TBKA it's pretty cool.
      Also Tinkopalypse.
      Knights of Noir is good too.

Comment

• "I see. Thank you, that may be of assistance in the future, although the existence of nanites has more applications in our plans than the medical portion.

As I see this contact is more of an issue for you than it is for me, I'm happy to tell you whenever something comes up. I'm not sure what actions I can do here without arousing the suspicion of the aforementioned rogue AI... and indeed, this may have tipped them off. But from what I can tell, AI's can't affect other AI's. If you have something to protect, ask your AI to protect it as soon as possible, or at least ask for their assistance.

I think I've reached an end in what I have to say. Is there anything else you want to mention?"

Suddenly thinking of something, mute the phone's microphone and look at the AI.

"Do you have a physical location? Where are the processors that make up yourself?"
        Last edited by RaPiDJazZ; 09-08-17, 01:14 PM.
        "All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Comment

• "Well, I believe it would be best for our AIs to cooperate on R&D, though we'll have to agree on a particular field later. For now, I shall be focusing on medical science.

Also, I believe that advice, even if it's untested, would be worth trading some secrets about our power production. That is all, have a good day, Pierre."
          I've been gone for like six months and suddenly I don't think I should reveal all of what about me changed right away.
          Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

• Turn back on the microphone.

"Thank you, Generalissimo Song. Good day."

Comment

• "Well hm. I think there are several possibilities to what's going on here.

First, the most obviously and likely, is that someone somewhere is lying, and providing information contrary to the truth.

Another possibility is that a third party was involved in this incident. Another nation, a terrorist group, a rouge commander....that is also a possibility. With lots of nations and other parties in control of hyperintelligent AIs, who knows what people have up their sleeve.

But there could be another explanation too: So far all the calculations are assuming that a ship or sea vessel fired the torpedo. Both parties maintain that none of their ships fired anything. But what if the torpedo came from somewhere else, like a plane or drone or land system? Technically no vessel would have shot the torpedo, but the action would still be deliberate."

Share the possibilities with Japan.

Continue research.
              Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

• "Very well. Focus on researching energy production. The goal is to either allow miniaturization for use in smaller structures, or to significantly increase energy output, whichever one is more feasible. With the way things are headed, we will need those results soon."

Comment

• RaPiDJazZ
                  Brazil, Brazil... worrying.
                  It seems like a... fairly empty threat. No further statements... no clarification... just a declaration of intent.

The army has about 105k active service members. For comparison, there are just under 30 million people in the Union. If all reserves and militias are activated, it's about 300k. In a true crisis, the Union could probably bring a bit over a million soldiers to bear, but that would require extensive conscription.
                  Certainly not lacking in equipment, though. The French help with that.

The navy is reasonably strong, but heavily geared toward coastal defense - largely corvettes, destroyers, and lighter cruisers. That being said, you don't lack for transport ships.
                  The air force is similar - mostly quick fighters focused on interception operations, as well as drone UAVs. Again, defensive.
                  Thanks to the current state of peace, though, deploying troops to Guiana wouldn't be a problem.

Then, you have your discussion with Song. The AI notes the answer to your question quietly. ((see Discord PM))
                  ... and then, you see a news alert, and it is... not... good.

BDDPPP
                  Suriawati on the holo frowns.
                  "Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty.
                  I will relay your thoughts to President Suripto. But... I suspect you may be mistaken. Good day."

Kusari seems contemplative.
                  "Fair enough. However... I have no intention of throwing Bharat's will to the wind like that.
                  I will wait until Mr. Frazier makes his stance, and support if it seems like a reasonable one.
                  As it stands, there are too many unknowns."

As you talk to Kusari, you also get the Americans' possible explanations for the calculations. ((see Mk's post))

BloonofSteel
                  With Parliament and your most trusted counselors assembled, it's time to break down the situation.
                  There's a lot going on, it seems.

Regarding the terrorist...
                  It is not entirely clear. A brief trace of his net history doesn't reveal a lot... nothing out of the ordinary.
                  Well, except for incredibly frequent contact with a certain David Verdian... oh dear. Of course it couldn't have been a coincidence.

Your intelligence ministers and Stamford help compile a neat package of various Indonesian human rights abuses and corruption scandals. There's certainly no shortage of things to go after (Suripto isn't exactly the nicest of leaders) but you hardly notice it... your head is still spinning from the prior revelation.

Dr Lord Evilstein
                  It seems it would be. Doesn't seem that there will be an easy way to convince him without shooting your own country in the foot.

The AI investigates the computer problems, and...
                  nothing to see. It seems like they're just genuine technical difficulties. That... could it be a coincidence? It seems unlikely, but the AI genuinely can't find anything.

To top it all off, another call is coming... from the Canadian Prime Minister, Nathaniel Martinson.

big guy
                  There's a bit of grumbling from the Spanish corner, but eventually you manage to talk through it.
                  A few wording adjustments here, a little alteration here... but eventually, a fairly clear plan for the Italian delegation to propose is hammered out.

Armata is of course quite pleased. Everybody else lies somewhere on the spectrum of "slightly-miffed-but-satisfied" to properly happy. Even Mr. Roznowski, who makes a genuinely positive comment on the efficiency of the proceedings.
                  With a course of action hammered out, things are looking up. The deadlock to be broken, a strengthening of Nordic influence...

The group parts, altogether satisfied. Although there isn't much time for proper goodbyes (you've all got your heavily-armored cars to head off in), it's altogether good.

Which is why, when you pull out your phone... the briefing on it seems that much more horrifying.

"Chancellor Heisenberg was just shot dead on the way from your summit. By his own driver. Updates to come.

Also, the Holstein referendum passed. But I suspect that's not exactly chief among your concerns right now.
                  - Haakon"

olegoleg123
                  Bit by bit, you keep working...
                  more of the same news headlines... not the bombastic jingoistic ones, but rather the little ones that make people nervous...
                  and then...

Ah. There's the one you're looking for.
                  "Anonymous Leaks Implicate German, Italian Financial Companies in Legal Scandal"
                  Ahaha. There we are.

Topping it all off, Spring (with a hint of slyness in her countenance), alters the climate control in the Basel complex a bit. Just as you suspected - no security whatsoever. Tens of AIs on the actual computers, but nothing there. After thinking for a moment, she also activates the dorm's heaters to proper working function.

But it seems that despite all that... there's been a bit of a monkey wrench in your plans. ((see bottom))

Telaxius
                  "I... am fairly confident in my ability to run a media campaign myself.
                  Twitter, and all these other platforms. It'll take a bit of preparation, but I believe I can do it.

That being said, you'll need to put me in basically direct control of PR and Marketing."

Summer pauses again. You think she's thinking, but...

"Sir, are you alright? Your... your hand..."

You look down. That...
                  your right hand is shaking. Pretty badly, at that.

Mk 214 EX
                  You consult with some of your military advisers, who reach a similar conclusion to you.

For the first possibility...
                  possible liars, possible liars...
                  It seems like Indonesia is far more likely to be providing false information, then. The Philippines don't seem to have a clear motive to provoke a conflict, unless there's something else going on. Plus, the Philippine data report can be verified by the Emperor's own calculations.

The second possibility is another interesting one.
                  Yet this third party would again have needed some way to fool likely three different AIs, all of whom agree that nothing was in the water that could have fired the torpedo.
                  Cloaking, maybe...? A possibility, and a scary one, too.

The third possibility...
                  The torpedo was definitely a naval torpedo. So convincingly firing it off from a different source would have required some significant modification, which the blast data doesn't seem to indicate.
                  Alternatively, it could have been yet another trick - a naval torpedo made to look like an airstrike made to look like a naval strike? Seems... convoluted.

One thing's for sure: none of this sits right.
                  ((see Discord PM))

Gordyman
                  A few relayed messages later and you have set Russia's technical resources to developing better fusion power... or other sources, but you have a feeling the advances are going to end up in the fusion department anyway.

With that, your business in the Medvedev Room is done.
                  You attend to a few more matters. Nothing pressing, but pleasing to hear.
                  - A new directed-energy missile defense weapon. Though it's not as if Russia lacked for missile defense before, it is yet more reliable.
                  - A new defense contract with one of the company's largest firms to help develop equipment suited for operations in Russia's northern coasts.
                  - And a report from your intelligence-sharing partners in Mexico...
                  It seems that the Colombians and Brazilians have recently signed a secret treaty of non-aggression. The "why" is not entirely clear, but it must have something to do with Emperor Gabriel II's recent blustery claim that his Empire would take French Guiana for itself...

~~~

BASEL DEADLOCK ~ THE ASSASSINATION OF REINHARDT HEISENBERG
                  On the way out from a highly secretive conference in Munich, Chancellor Heisenberg got into his standard armored limousine to get to a helicopter pad, where he would be taken back to Berlin.

Unfortunately, the Chancellor never made it that far.
                  According to all intelligence reports, Heisenberg's driver shot him twice in the head, fatally, before taking his own life with the remaining rounds in the pistol.
                  The scene was gruesome, and the German nation is in a state of shock.

Former defense minister Axel Hohenzollern has been put into power as Interim Chancellor. A military man descended from the old Prussian royal family, he is known for a more confrontational approach to foreign policy than his predecessor...
                  Questions abound, but Germany is too much in a state of disarray to even begin answering them.

~~~

SOUTH PACIFIC WAR ~ CONFLICTING ACCOUNTS
                  As drone-carriers continue to trade relatively meaningless blows, the international community has taken a pause to analyze the incident that sparked the conflict in the South Pacific - the sinking of the KRI Salawaku.

Indonesia and the Philippines have both released official statements based on ballistic calculations... and the problem is, the two seem equally plausible and yet entirely contradictory.

According to the Philippine government, no Philippine vessel could have possibly fired the naval torpedo. In addition, they state with over 99% certainty that no other vessel could have been in the area besides an Indonesian one - therefore, the incident was a false-flag attack.

According to the Indonesians, no Indonesian vessel could have fired the naval torpedo. They state with equal certainty that no other vessel could have been in the range of valid firing areas besides the Philippine ships - therefore, the incident was an instance of unwarranted Philippine aggression.

Both statements have been released to the international community to view freely, and... the problem is that there do not appear to be inconsistencies in either dataset. Could they really both be wrong? Could there really be a third party at hand, with the 1/10000 probability that entails? Or is there something everyone is missing...?
                  Gold Auros, champion of irrelevant randomness.

I also enjoy making RPG games!

Comment

• Let's put the whole slandering business on hold. For now, instruct Stamford to look up literally everything he can on David Verdian.

Also, let's see how that nanite salve is coming along, after publicly announcing my sadness about Chancellor Heisenberg's death.
                    Last edited by BloonofSteel; 12-08-17, 04:16 PM.
                    Also Tinkopalypse.

Comment

• I come to a sudden realization.
                      "What if the Saluwaku sank for some other reason? Or it's all forged?"
                      I contact my AI.

"AI - may I call you Andrew? - I need all the information about the area around the Saluwaku, the visible damage - EVERYTHING that was happening at the time of the sinking of the Saluwaku."

I then contact the US.

"I need your AI to do the same calculations as mine - all the information about the area around the Saluwaku, the visible damage - EVERYTHING that was happening at the time of the sinking of the Saluwaku. an you handle that?"
                      CLICK THE EGGS!:
                      https://dragcave.net/image/DMwzS.htt...agcave.net/gif

I don't understand

Comment

• *see the murder suicide of reinahardt on the newsfeed* oh dear. This is odd. Mr Roboto, can you do some digging on what may have caused this? oh hey, it's canada. What do we blame them for this time? *take the call*
                        Star wars has never had a zero-gravity scene.

Comment

• All international issues resolved for now, I begin looking into domestic issues. I order a look through the state run media to make sure it is not being tampered with to subtly cause disunity within the nation, since disunity in tense times can cause great disaster for all, as evidenced by the great humiliation of the United States by the Vietnam War centuries before. I order similar looks through the economy and military sectors, since those are vital to the health of the nation as well.

Comment

• I look at my phone for a minute, shocked, before responding to Haakon:

"Heisenberg was a great man and a respectable leader. It's a tragedy. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this without any wild accusations flying through the EU. Not enough stability.

Christina and Lilian can handle Schleswig-Holstein. They're capable women, smart."

I open up my twitter app and release another statement:

I know I speak for the entire Nordic Union when I say am deeply saddened by the senseless murder of Chancellor Reinhardt Heisenberg. Our thoughts are with the German people in this time of tragedy.
                            Send Tweet.

I instruct my top speech writers to prepare a more official statement on the matter.

Comment

• "It seems that right away, things sure got a bit... too heated."

"Now. I know at least somebody will try to accuse other European countries of assassinating the German leader - and whatever we do, we can't let ANY of those get through. Even if they are ultimately true, which I severely doubt at this point... In fact, I believe that is exactly the plan of whoever is behind all this... And more than ever, it seems to me like that "whoever" is somebody inside of the German government... Think about it: He was murdered by his own driver, and considering all the security checks and measures the government has in place, not to mention the very German mentality of diligence, that couldn't have been some random terrorist or even a foreign agent..."

"First we sink any provocative headlines to at least weaken and delay its influence, and meanwhile, we dig up info on as many of the German higher-ups as possible to potentially get some evidence. We need to do this quick or else I feel like the entirety of Europe will be doomed..."

Comment

• "Oh! I, am not entirely sure what this is..."

I clench my right hand into a fist, to prevent the shaking. I feel a bit unsure of what to do, this certainly feels more severe than any regular muscle spasm or shake due to hunger, but I don't know if this is severe enough to warrant getting it checked out. After a moment, I grab the brake on the wheelchair and disable it. I begin to wheel myself out of the desk and towards the elevator that is on the other side of my office.

"I'm going to get this, spasm checked out. I'll be back as soon as possible. While I'm gone, I'm going to give you direct control of PR and Marketing."

I wheel away to the elevator, and get inside. I press the button for the on-site medical ward.
                                Last edited by Telaxius; 12-08-17, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X