Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NinjaKiwi's staff. (This will be lenghty you have been warned.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaKiwi's staff. (This will be lenghty you have been warned.)

First off yes I know this is still technically about ninja kiwi but this is the best thread I can fit it into.
    Now as of late I've been unfortunately getting barraged by meeting with people who tend to abuse their power. Whether its against me personally, seeing them use it on someone else, or up against me when we are both high up in the chain of command online here. Regardless of the situation one sure way to piss me off is to show me someone abusing their position of power online where they are protected by being unknown to everyone. It really really pisses me off. To get rid of some of this steam I thought I'd talk about what I think of ninja kiwi and their staff here.

First in regards to their game staff the one's responsible for designing their games and any modification done to them for better or worse. I find this group of people to be one of the best in terms of game staffs I've ever seen. They always want to TRY AND IMPROVE their games to enhance the experience everyone has. Like what they did with SM2 taking a what was it 20 level game and turning it into something HUGE AND MAGNIFICENT or a horrible horrible failure of modifying their games *cough cough BTD Battles cough cough* they are doing what they think is best to try and enhance the gaming experience. They do this while still trying to keep the "Pay to win" features out of the games, while still keeping in micro transactions to pay their staff. Usually making it more cosmetic then anything or very minor effects on the direct game play. So all in all they have their good points and their bad points but they are trying to make the game better and that's what truly matters is that they are still TRYING. I can name a game company right now that isn't really giving much of a damn about their game and doing bare basic.

Secondly the staff on the forums. These people are some of the best mods and admins I've ever met as a general statement for the community. While I may have had very limited personal interaction with them I've seen how they handle situations. They have replied directly to a PM when the formal way of contacting doesn't work. (Probably due to the mass influx of formal message contacts.) They are always professional, keep by the book, and never let their own personal opinions or feelings get in the way, even if they are getting annoyed which for some of these I could understand. I can honestly say NO OTHER WEBSITE I've ever been to have I seen ALL the mods and admins show such professionalism. Even for mega corporation companies I always find a bad apple or two. To this ninja kiwi I tip my hat. (If I had one ^.^ LOL) So over all excellent work.

Third (Bonus): The ninja kiwi community: Just as I've seen many many people abuse their powers and just be bad apples in the admin and mod positions online, I've seen countless more people act like complete Jack A's. Poisoning the community from the inside making it rot from the inside. But that is more or less absent here. which is a HUGE reason why I love to come here it's a place I know I can come and just kick back relax and talk about some of my favorite games on the computer. (or phone as they are going. ^.^) I've yet to meet one person who's shown anyone on here disrespect for no reason. I can always just come on here have a civil conversation about what I think about each game or change they have done to the game. Maybe even bring up personal achievements and ask others about theirs without worry of being prosecuted. In addition the community on here is always happy to help each other, like when I asked about the BSM2 game for mobile. I wanted to know if it was worth buying over the free flash version. It most definitely was. It was truly a great great improvement over the original past just the additional levels. So all in all for this section I say this is, I dare say, the best community I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. (Which i do sincerely apologize for any time I ever start getting a bit "passionate" about things on here, it's sadly due to my negative influence from the other communities but I do try to keep myself from doing so.)

So to conclude my little rant here: This is a golden apple, a shining gem, probably one of the best staff and workers and communities I could imagine being out there on the entire internet.

Sometimes saying good things can be just as stress relieving as pointing out the bad, if not more so.

vBulletin "security updates".

Don't make me laugh.
    Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
    BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
    YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

I assume you've never touched the SAS series? Which is good, I would say.

But anyways, glad you're enjoying your experience here! Enjoy these forums!
      Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk 214 EX View Post
        I assume you've never touched the SAS series? Which is good, I would say.
        SAS being run into the ground, BTDBM made trashier...

2015 were the last great days of NK.

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

SAS being run into the ground, BTDBM made trashier...

2015 were the last great days of NK.
          I would say that 2016 was failure of NK.
          The way I am, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleskimiso
            I would say that 2016 was failure of NK.
            At least that's when their failure started...
            Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods

Comment

Try comparing Ninja kiwi's "failures" to that of blizzards. Go ahead you'll laugh at how insignificent they are. Or perhaps konami's failure with yugioh and how they utterly destroyed it.

Comment

That's irrelevant though. Here's their servers, and you wonder why.
                Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods

Comment

On April 30, 2015, NK TOTALLY screwed up SAS4 with the stupid Nantonium update. You should have seen how much they screwed it up.

And what did NK do with the time zone issue in SAS4? Absolutely NOTHING!

And FD seemed like a less laggy, better version of SAS4 in many ways. It had lots and lots of potential.

Okay, you know my point.

All I want is NK to help improve the system. We have shown faith in NK.

Remember when MvM was way too hard? NK had fixed that. And what did they do when people complained again? They introduced the "spaced bloons update" on February 3, 2014, and we complained. They fixed it four days later.

What about now?

Where are the updates to the Honour system that were intended to go to BMC? I know the Double Honour is back, but seriously? That's it?

I know they try their best. But what is important is if they LISTENED to the community as they had done before.

For example, instead of saying, "We will stop updating xxx," they could post a survey saying, "Should we update xxx or not?" or "Would it be worth it to work on ### or work on &&&?"

Awesomefaceninja7 - Ninjakiwi member since March 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AFN7 View Post
                    For example, instead of saying, "We will stop updating xxx," they could post a survey saying, "Should we update xxx or not?" or "Would it be worth it to work on ### or work on &&&?"
                    While I do agree with your proposition of being more "connected" to the public through survey-esque means, it's blatantly obvious why they wouldn't want to. They've already answered the questions as to why they stopped updating games, and why certain other plans have been postponed until further notice. Example: SAS 4 ceased to receive stable updates due to crucial workers and resources no longer being available. Also BMC, which hasn't been officially "abandoned", but it's already been said time and time again that NK's resources are spread a bit thin as they focus on bigger, new projects [BTD6 being best example in this case]. I haven't even begun stating on how flash is pretty much a "dead" platform, which means no future NK game will be made in Flash.

In short: Asking the general public, not just the more "experienced" users, is a Double-edged sword. While it could provide some insight here and there, it would more likely just open yet another outlet for those still whining over the past.

NinjaKiwi has always been there to try their hardest to satisfy everyone, as the original poster/thread creator reassured us. They are at a time where we should support them more than ever before. This, I believe.
                    There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post

While I do agree with your proposition of being more "connected" to the public through survey-esque means, it's blatantly obvious why they wouldn't want to. They've already answered the questions as to why they stopped updating games, and why certain other plans have been postponed until further notice. Example: SAS 4 ceased to receive stable updates due to crucial workers and resources no longer being available. Also BMC, which hasn't been officially "abandoned", but it's already been said time and time again that NK's resources are spread a bit thin as they focus on bigger, new projects [BTD6 being best example in this case]. I haven't even begun stating on how flash is pretty much a "dead" platform, which means no future NK game will be made in Flash.

In short: Asking the general public, not just the more "experienced" users, is a Double-edged sword. While it could provide some insight here and there, it would more likely just open yet another outlet for those still whining over the past.

NinjaKiwi has always been there to try their hardest to satisfy everyone, as the original poster/thread creator reassured us. They are at a time where we should support them more than ever before. This, I believe.
                      You do have a very good point.

However, what about FD? Can it no longer be updated?

Comment

Originally posted by AFN7 View Post

You do have a very good point.

However, what about FD? Can it no longer be updated?
                        Sorry, but it's been confirmed to have been discontinued due to it not living up to expectations, and [once again], resource and time restraints.

[Not-So]Fun Fact: SAS TD isn't too likely to get a remake for the exact same popularity problem.
                        There's absolutely nothing suspicious about me.. Carry on.

How many towers can a keeper keep if a keeper can keep other keeper's towers they kept?

Comment

Then again, that's how companies get big. They need to make profit.
                          bored..

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post

Sorry, but it's been confirmed to have been discontinued due to it not living up to expectations, and [once again], resource and time restraints.

[Not-So]Fun Fact: SAS TD isn't too likely to get a remake for the exact same popularity problem.
                            The lack of ratings for FD and SASTD escalated because NK paid zero attention to them. Feed your fans food and they come back. Starve them and they migrate away.

And unless I see any concrete things to show of BTD6 matching the quality of BTD5, I will not fall for NK's garbage BTD5M ports that made up 80% of their output the over past year or so. That is time mismanagement.
                            Last edited by Albert3105; 24-05-17, 05:18 PM.

Comment

If NK will charge for BTD6, they better make it good. That way, people will want to pay for it.

Also, I want to know if NK is aware of how FD mobile costs money. They could make more money by updating FD because Unity for web is compatible with mobile?

BTW, is Tower Keepers EVER going to come to web? It's taken more than a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X