No announcement yet.

"Minecraft is for Children": The argument and why it fails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft is awesome. you can do anything you want whatsoever. It never gets boring because there are constant updates and, as mentioned before, endless possibilities. if you get into it, you are inclined to do computer coding and digital art. Now THAT is what I call an awesome game.
    The bloonchipper is the best.
    http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
    http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SOUP View Post
      While it may not pertain to the thread, I do want to stress that it is rather depressing these days that parents just give their kids minecraft to play on a tablet instead of actually going outside to play.
      That would not always be an available option. When it's raining, for instance.
      Sure minecraft lets you be creative... but it doesn't really teach you things that you need to learn like social skills and social cues and such.
      Minecraft teaches you that stuff to some extend where you can play on servers and interact with people. I don't even think these are what you really need to learn, or else school would be just like some type of therapy.
      In that sense, I think that exposing little kids to games like minecraft is deceptive and isn't really good for teaching kids the things they need to learn.
      Minecraft teaches:
      1. Engineering
      2. Creativity
      3. Basic mineral science
      4. Coding (if you really get into it)
      5. Problem solving (via redstone)
      6. Material arts (using wood and stone and stuff to make art pieces)
      7. Construction (to a small extent)
      The bloonchipper is the best.
      http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ju...7143#post77143

My profile picture
      http://i.imgur.com/z7wCGHX.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
        -snip=
        I think you're a bit late.
        My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
        My DCs
        Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Personally, I had never played Minecraft, or any sort of variation of it. Since the game was widely popular, and probably still is, it mixed the elements of survival, adventure, fighting (PvE/PvP), and open-world diversity all into retro-perspective. Ever since Minecraft had got out of alpha/beta development, literally thousands of gameplays were being uploaded about this game (which i'm not going in-depth into). Because of this, it caught the attention of kid and adult-gamers alike around the world... and with a game like it; you're upright sure it's going to make headlines. However, as time progressed, the base community itself had some reports of improper behavior, with some grown-up adults being massive pricks, or extremely cocky trollers. Even profanity/cyber-bullying was becoming much harder to control. Due to these, griefing became an apparent issue within Minecraft; as many wonderous creations were being intentionally destroyed, mostly without hesitation. New players would often gain similar treatment; hand everything they hold over to the loot-hogger, or their only means of shelter being torn/burnt down in front of their very eyes. Mark my words...
          For IN-GAME BUG/POTENTIAL CHEATER REPORTS | The disclosed content will be intact for five (5) working days, starting from Monday - Friday. Outdated attachments and/or URL links will be wiped momentarily.

Comment

Let's see...
            Ssundee
            DanTdm
            CaptainSparklez
            MumboJumbo(and all of Hermitcraft)
            SkyDoesMinecraft
            And that's just a few off the top of my head. They are all adults and play Minecraft practically for a living, off of advertisement revenue. Several websites put Ssundee's income at 1.5 Million USD a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathinator272 View Post
              Let's see...
              Ssundee
              DanTdm
              CaptainSparklez
              MumboJumbo(and all of Hermitcraft)
              SkyDoesMinecraft
              And that's just a few off the top of my head. They are all adults and play Minecraft practically for a living, off of advertisement revenue. Several websites put Ssundee's income at 1.5 Million USD a year.
              and their fanbases are mainly middle schoolers with no life who are very immature ;-;

'Hope your having a great day from a small youtuber'
              'This is Bob --> o the number of likes this gets is how old Bob is'
              'First'
              'Omg Dan I just met u somewhere liek omg'
              'My cat died can I get likes'
              'It's my birthday today can I get 100 likes?!?!?!?'
              alice smells

so do you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

I'm surprised, Magmamusen wasn't mentioned. He's popular, though.
                Don't tell Scarlett that I am checking this forum as I cook the grilled cheese sandwiches.

've been too busy that I nearly forgot about this forum lol

Comment

Working...
                X