No announcement yet.

"Minecraft is for Children": The argument and why it fails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like possible trolls with the "someone invented *insert* irl, u kno Frome Minekft?"
    Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Minecraft is a great game. Don't like it? Don't play it. No need to hate on others just because they play a game you dislike.

Comment

Honestly, it's not even about the game; it's about the fanbase, which, unfortunately, consists primarily of edgy kids who are obsessed with the game and loudly rage and scream into the mic over being killed on a PvP Minigame server or losing their "PRECIOUS DIAMONDS" and "trolls"/"griefers", which more often than not act just as immature. The same kind of fanboys you would find in games like Roblox and Call of Duty.

As for the game itself... I tend to view it as a blank slate, a sandbox it is meant to be, where you create "your own game to enjoy" depending on what you like to do in it, what mods you prefer to use and what servers you play it on. Nothing less, nothing more.

Comment

Extremists, in any group, appear abhorrent and often insane to people not in said extremes, even more so to people of different and opposing extremes. You shouldn't judge the game itself by the rabid immature portions of the fanbase, and indeed any portion of the fanbase. (Unless it's a game that you have to interact with said fanbase in)
          Last edited by Deathsax; 20-08-16, 09:49 PM.
          Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

The last statement though. Multiplayer is a thing, but the best way to avoid that is through Singleplayer where you are a freaking loner but don't have to face any problems with the dark fanbase.

I'd like to see a kid do good redstone no really i want that
            I'm just a Quick Procrastinator who should be working on their homework.

Originally posted by nanahira
            Pure feathers of whiteness touch the ground; one Holy Seraph coming down, hearing the guidance bell sound - raise a cross for all of the world... Thou, allowed to see due to thy faith, thou may now walk to Eden's gate.

~ Current Avatar - nanahira (You Make My Life 1UP) ~

Comment

What about the last statement though?

Comment

Originally posted by Original Otaku View Post

I'd like to see a kid do good redstone no really i want that
                Go to Mumbo Jumbo then. hes one of the only in the fanbase that doesn't even yell into the mic like all the others do or greed for diamonds.
                he does like iron blocks though.
                I made a Minecraft Resource Pack!
                *whole internet hates me*
                D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by IBROKETHERULES View Post

Go to Mumbo Jumbo then. hes one of the only in the fanbase that doesn't even yell into the mic like all the others do or greed for diamonds.
                  he does like iron blocks though.
                  Keyword here is kid.

I can name up a few good Redstoners but I doubt that any of them are kids.

I don't think kids are smart enough to understand the complex mechanics of Redstone. Maybe except for some extraordinarily intelligent ones that should be researching cures for cancer right now.
                  Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

I am going to be a good redstone kid, not a greedy diamond kid. I was inspired by Mumbo Jumbo, Grian, and MagmaMus
                    D'oh!

Comment

SethBling and LogDotZip inspired me. And CubeHamster too.

Also, lapis lazuli is not from Minecraft.

Pure feathers of whiteness touch the ground; one Holy Seraph coming down, hearing the guidance bell sound - raise a cross for all of the world... Thou, allowed to see due to thy faith, thou may now walk to Eden's gate.

Comment

ya, (not sure if redstone is a real life thingy)

an ironic hater? *yells at music animations, likes fallen kingdom which is a music animation*

anvils didn't come from minecraft, usb chargers didn't come from minecraft (usb charger blocks are in the fake trendy update)
                        D'oh!

Comment

Redstone is not a real life thing. The closest to red stones are granite, ruby, or diamonds. They conduct electricity (poorly) but do not create it.

And Minecraft animations. Some are good, others are eh.
                          But do we really need one for everything? SFM exists for a reason...

Comment

Redstone is minecraft electric wire.
                            Youtube link here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy...OOCxyH4Eueno3w
                            Game stats: BTD5 rank-55 SAS4 rank-59 BMC- 20 and 15

Comment

Congartulations meow1 for finding out new information

But yeah, that being really complicated proves that Minecraft has some potential for smart adults or prodigies and stuff.

Comment

Minecraft is for most ages really.
                                Originally posted by Droplet
                                Where are my wings and feathers?

Haemolacria is crying blood. I also have an OC called Haemolacria.
                                鳳月
                                If only if I can animate.
                                My deviantart page
                                Wattpad page
                                Current avatar:Kagamine Len (I used him too many times)

Comment

Working...
                                X