No announcement yet.

"Minecraft is for Children": The argument and why it fails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the whole "it's for kids" thing, that argument and others like it are flawed. People seem to think that because something is specifically made for kids, that it automatically allows the quality to be lower than the standard or makes it exempt from criticism. The argument in general is stupid and doesn't have any ground behind it, and usually the people using this argument don't put effort into it.
    That moment when your user ID is the meaning of life...
    I'm that edgy guy who make dank memes and sometimes posts.
    Also, I probably did a thing in freeplay.
    Also orange because it's cool.

Comment

I don't see why just because a game is "for kids" that it would make the game any worse. I mean, you could even consider the Bloons franchise a kids' game.
      On a side note, I think that lots of people when thinking of Minecraft, think of the little kids who play it. They percieve the kids as annoying (which they sometimes are), childish, and immature. Just my thoughts on this whole Minecraft topic
      Alice doesn't deserve Smef.
      Subscroob to my YT channel if you want, don't blame me if you recieve trash quality content. I warned you :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjO...MRiD2x2zr5y4GA
      Also friend me on NK : http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/ADragon1

Comment

I think this similar logic can also be applied to Roblox. When you think about the Roblox community, you mostly think of them as a bunch of children who apparently had gotten too much time on the internet.
        bored..

Comment

You could do math using minecraft.
          addition = right click while holding an item to drop 1 item in a stack to a(n) empty slot/slot with the same item
          subtraction = q while holding an item
          multiplication (how many stacks there are, doesn't need to be full stacks) = can be done just like division or addition
          division = left click while holding an item and then drag. each slot you drag it over will divide the thing you have equally. can have remainders just like in real division.
          I made a Minecraft Resource Pack!
          *whole internet hates me*
          D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by IBROKETHERULES View Post
            You could do math using minecraft.
            addition = right click while holding an item to drop 1 item in a stack to a(n) empty slot/slot with the same item
            subtraction = q while holding an item
            multiplication (how many stacks there are, doesn't need to be full stacks) = can be done just like division or addition
            division = left click while holding an item and then drag. each slot you drag it over will divide the thing you have equally. can have remainders just like in real division.
            Interesting concept. What have you got for powers/roots, algebra, and logarithms? >: )
            My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
            My DCs
            Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

^Redstone is for that. Hoppers and comparators and repeaters.
              Hey. The Japanese in my avatar will always be "oriota" :v Got that? 8)

Originally posted by nanahira
              Looking for a new adventure; I could still remember what we had done -- the grass that hid our base, a secret between me and you... Looking for a new adventure; I should not have just put off what was gone -- How could I forget the days, how could I forget the fun I had with you?

o-o} Avatar Shop|| Ultra-Crypts ||Bloonfested =::
              ~ Current Avatar - Kotono ~

Comment

yup. still working on the math in redstone school.
                D'oh!

Comment

I don't think it's a kids' game, but the community is full of them. I played Minecraft before, back when the community wasn't so toxic. I even played it for... Dunno how long, but over 1000 hours for sure. Now games like Minecraft, Roblox, FNAF... They're all known of their extremely toxic fandom that are mostly kids with some kind of mental issues.
                  “Give a man a mask and he will show his true face”
                  - Oscar Wilde

Comment

that must be why Markus "Notch" Personn left Mojang.
                    he must've thought he failed.
                    D'oh!

Comment

You seen the end of story mode? He didn't fail, he did what he set out to and more.
                      Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsax View Post
                        You seen the end of story mode? He didn't fail, he did what he set out to and more.
                        That wasn't what he/she was talking about.
                        My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                        My DCs
                        Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Your point is? The game was not a failure in the man's eyes, that's the actual point.
                          Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

I don't think that Story Mode is 100% Official, not enough steve
                            D'oh!

Comment

I kind of looked at that game like a kids game that was not weird for people over the "kid" designation to play.

Comment

The community is just filled with kids (me included until today); there are still some more mature people who play Minecraft, but they're just a minority under the amount of grammar-deficient children. It's amazing how they can't spell their own game but can spell Obsidian, yet not even Gold, instead can spell Diamond but not Snow.

Really, it also drives me mad when they say a certain thing originated from Minecraft. Really, I just got a kid telling me 'Minecraft is not popular, kid' ((note even called me the kid here)) in response to me saying stuff about mining. Other things I haven't experienced but most likely will may include "DIAMONDS ARE FROM MINECRAFT" or "SAPLINGS ARE INSPIRED FROM MINECRAFT" or "GUYS!!!!!!!1 SOMEOEN JUST INVETNED A HOPER IN REALZ LIFE!!!!!!??? YOU KNOW FROM MINECRAFT?!?!?" when all these three already exist IRL and if anything is what INSPIRED MINECRAFT, not the other way around.

Just wish the kids knew a tiny bit more. At least just spelling and grammar. I enjoy the game myself, building a noteblock contraption of my favorite nanahira song of all time.

- Random Grammar Nazi Jew Lurker.
                                Hey. The Japanese in my avatar will always be "oriota" :v Got that? 8)

Originally posted by nanahira
                                Looking for a new adventure; I could still remember what we had done -- the grass that hid our base, a secret between me and you... Looking for a new adventure; I should not have just put off what was gone -- How could I forget the days, how could I forget the fun I had with you?

o-o} Avatar Shop|| Ultra-Crypts ||Bloonfested =::
                                ~ Current Avatar - Kotono ~

Comment

Working...
                                X