No announcement yet.

Round 13 Camo Regen Rainbow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your only response to my wall of text is to imply I shouldn't use burst damage for freaking regen, then you're just not listening and you're just refusing to walk a mile in the other person's shoes. The latter would be this simple: play without using 3+/x Tack Shooter to trivialize early rounds, or Signal Flare to mock the bajeezus out of Camos and Leads simultaneously for a stupid low cost. Just try to prove you can get nearly as strong an economy with as little effort with either alone, never mind with the combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Knight DH View Post
      If your only response to my wall of text is to imply I shouldn't use burst damage for freaking regen, then you're just not listening and you're just refusing to walk a mile in the other person's shoes. The latter would be this simple: play without using 3+/x Tack Shooter to trivialize early rounds, or Signal Flare to mock the bajeezus out of Camos and Leads simultaneously for a stupid low cost. Just try to prove you can get nearly as strong an economy with as little effort with either alone, never mind with the combination of both.
      It's not that you shouldn't use burst damage against R13, it's just that spike factory is one of the worst towers in the game excluding REALLY late game. You could defend R13 with a 4/2 cannon and a couple other 3/0 cannons in the range of a 0/2 village, for instance. Cannon is actually a really good early game tower with some ninja support, sometimes even better than tack shooter.
      My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
      (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
      Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Your suggestion won't be able to pull the RRoD to ridiculous effect for the following reasons:
        *Blacks exist so a response or preemptive purchase is forced.
        *R11 can provide Regen Zebras to help force a response too. You have to worry about that and Regen/Camo Whites on R12.
        *4/2 Cannon + 0/2 Village STILL costs $10500, never mind that you're also suggesting to spend another $3600, WITH the village discount, for the 2 Cannons, and you still need extra for the Ninja you mentioned. Oh, and by the way, you sell the Village and I get the threat of sending supported Regen/Camo Whites.

Oh, and by the way, Spactory cluster actually is able to initially hold out well against Regen Zebras, which actually have the best RBE/$ of any Group Regens available on R13. It's only because Regens still provide income allowing for slippery slope that the strategy fails. And Spactory has innate Camo detection, so it doesn't need the support of a $4000 tower to combat Camos. No, 3 Spactories at 1/0 total $4350, a little less than a 0/2 Village. Thus Spactory is perfectly playable, with strategy if you care about that detail in a strategy game.

Comment

I'll admit, Mortar is such an important tower in the game that it's really difficult to go without using it. But I'll try responding to your points anyway.

Your suggestion won't be able to pull the RRoD to ridiculous effect for the following reasons:
          *Blacks exist so a response or preemptive purchase is forced.
          Just buy a ninja or two on Strong. This almost never hinders my economy when I do so.
          *R11 can provide Regen Zebras to help force a response too. You have to worry about that and Regen/Camo Whites on R12.
          Just upgrade a ninja to 2/1 or maybe 3/1 and set it to Strong. At this point you're usually stopping with your economy anyway to prepare for a rush or defending a rush.
          *4/2 Cannon + 0/2 Village STILL costs $10500, never mind that you're also suggesting to spend another $3600, WITH the village discount, for the 2 Cannons, and you still need extra for the Ninja you mentioned. Oh, and by the way, you sell the Village and I get the threat of sending supported Regen/Camo Whites.
          Farms could provide enough money to buy the necessary defense. I still think it would be a little dicey with the village instead of the mortar, though.
          Oh, and by the way, Spactory cluster actually is able to initially hold out well against Regen Zebras, which actually have the best RBE/$ of any Group Regens available on R13.
          Not on Flash. Regrow rainbows have an additional advantage in that it has more multiplying potential (whereas zebras pop into black and whites, and then pinks--only 2 "multiplying layers," rainbows have 3 of those layers, which adds up significantly).
          It's only because Regens still provide income allowing for slippery slope that the strategy fails. And Spactory has innate Camo detection, so it doesn't need the support of a $4000 tower to combat Camos. No, 3 Spactories at 1/0 total $4350, a little less than a 0/2 Village. Thus Spactory is perfectly playable, with strategy if you care about that detail in a strategy game.
          That's kinda the issue, but not really. The issue is that the spike factory builds up its strength over a long period of time. If you were to build, say, 3 1/0 spacs on round 8, and it tanks a RRROD (by some miracle), it has no spikes left over to defend a secondary rush. Bomb is much better, as it consistently pops RRRODs and doesn't have a cooldown, so to speak. Its only weakness is camo, but village or mortar covers that. It is expensive though, I'll give you that. So perhaps you could try these other options:

- The Mobile strategy. Use a few juggernauts and triple dart monkeys to pop the RRRODs. And don't forget about the SJFC glitch you can use against MOABs and BFBs late game.
          - Spam a bunch of 1/1 boats, or 1/2 if you think your opponent wants to send camo. Those, with some support, are a force to be reckoned with against RRRODs.
          - Glaive lord wreaks havoc on regrows and camo regrows.
          - Another leaf taken out of the Mobile game's book, but dart storm ace pops regrows pretty well. In addition, Ground Zero is a wonderful ability.

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
            Wait are we talking about the same defense? I was talking about having to get up a 4/2 ninja for round 15 which costs $5500.
            y no 2nd rof? :|

Comment

Master Knight DH
              What exactly is your statement anymore? I'd think it's that Tack Shooter combined with Signal Flare is imbalanced, but due to your long posts it became a bit vague to me. If that actually is your statement, then I don't really get why anyone argues anymore. There's no possible way to deny the Tack Shooter combined with Signal Flare is balanced. If I had to redesign battles (kinda like Bloonz Reborn) I'd definintely change prices of the Tack Shooter and Mortar Monkey and meanwhile buff towers such as the Boomerang Thrower, Ice Shards and the one and only radar of the Monkey Village.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post
                Not on Flash. Regrow rainbows have an additional advantage in that it has more multiplying potential (whereas zebras pop into black and whites, and then pinks--only 2 "multiplying layers," rainbows have 3 of those layers, which adds up significantly).
                How do they have an advantage on flash, but not on mobile.
                The Monkey Apprentice is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by APOGD View Post
                  How do they have an advantage on flash, but not on mobile.
                  On Mobile, regrow rainbows are almost twice as much more than on Flash, and the multiplying advantage simply isn't enough to cover that.

Comment

Originally posted by KRooijackers View Post
                    y no 2nd rof? :|
                    The only map I see that happen on is Temple :|
                    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Tack Sprayer, not just Ring of Fire, actually proves to be broken in general:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKSUqEQhwA

Mixed with 3/1 Ninja on Strong, there is NOTHING before Round 10 that gets past Tack Sprayer. $600 Income on R10 becomes a joke to obtain, and keep in mind that I was intentionally using Mage in place of Mortar to make a point. With Mortar, I've been able to get the Income up to $700 on R10 against a quintuple digit battle score player. That's ridiculous. Even better, it has little trouble snowballing into increasingly easier defenses that still has a free 4th tower slot, because Bloonjitsu Master's biggest weakness becomes a virtual non-factor with ONE Monkey Sense Mage or Signal Flare Mortar. Yeah, how is this balanced?

As to the remark that layers add RBE for Regens, layers don't even matter against Spactory, because Spactory just deals all its damage at once, preventing the regeneration from getting a chance to work. Please understand what the term "burst damage" means before confusing it for damage by a tower that hits literally everywhere on the map.
                      Last edited by Master Knight DH; 22-12-16, 02:32 AM.

Comment

1. What is that tack spot?

2. 700 eco is a joke on mid-sized maps like ybr. I can get 750-800 eco on those maps without tack.

3. Where are your spacs for r13 :? and yes regrows don't get a chance to multiply but that doesn't mean that I can't just send regular rainbows at you which will be a 50% bigger rush. Not to mention that spacs take forever to build up their piles.

You're basically saying tack is OP because it's good earlygame. That's like saying mortars and lizards are OP because they can pop camo mettles.
                        I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Tack Sprayer, not just Ring of Fire, actually proves to be broken in general:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKSUqEQhwAAs to the remark that layers add RBE for Regens, layers don't even matter against Spactory, because Spactory just deals all its damage at once, preventing the regeneration from getting a chance to work. Please understand what the term "burst damage" means before confusing it for damage by a tower that hits literally everywhere on the map.
                          Nine times out of ten you'll have towers before the spike factory that are attacking the oncoming bloons. Those may regrow multiply the rush.

Comment

Master Knight DH Just stop responding. Your statement is a fact, but your arguments are foolish. For instance 'NOTHING before round 10 that gets past sprayer'. I'd harass you hardcore and I can ensure you won't keep that defense (nor that bloon income) and will either die or be forced to get a Ring of Fire. Or your spot for the Tack Sprayer, lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Kandrko View Post
                              signal flare plus your regular defense for rrod. plus i doubt someone will send that since it costs a lot
                              Just making is sure is rrod regrow rainbow of doom?

imo regrow zebras r better than rainbows because they r cheaper. If u have tonnnes of money, go rainbow tho
                              Camgrow reds r the best!

Comment

The best way to defend a round 13 rush is to use 2/4 x2 glaive lords

Comment

Working...
                                X