No announcement yet.

Round 13 Camo Regen Rainbow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use a 3.2 super monkey (because of my account)

Comment

i Hoped this helped anyone

Comment

Originally posted by djNUGGETZ View Post
        I just use a 3.2 super monkey (because of my account)
        Hello fellow forum member,

I think the person who asked how to defend (camo) regrow rainbows meant the rush being sent on round 13. At round 13, it's impossible to have a 3|2 Super Monkey. It can't see camoflage bloons either, which makes it even worse on top of that.

Comment

On the Flash version at least, trust me: if the opponent uses Ring of Fire and Signal Flare, you are simply done. The inevitable sell-rush *WILL* kill you. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Knight DH View Post
            On the Flash version at least, trust me: if the opponent uses Ring of Fire and Signal Flare, you are simply done. The inevitable sell-rush *WILL* kill you. Period.
            Not necessarily. If you also have ROF and Mortar, or mortar and several 3/0 cannons plus a 4/0 cannon, or just blade maelstrom, you can survive.
            My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
            My DCs
            Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Why should I need the Mortar or the Tack Shooter to survive one particular thing? That's beyond dumb.

Comment

Why should I need the Mortar or the Tack Shooter to survive one particular thing? That's beyond dumb.
                Neither mortar nor tack are useful for just one thing. Mortar takes camo off of every bloon, pops leads, and its burny stuff weakens every rainbow bloon and under considerably. Come late game, the 0/4 mortar ability can be used to stall any MOAB or BFB rushes and allow your other towers to pop them. Tack shooter is good for early game when upgraded to 3/0, and Ring of Fire, when paired with Mortar, kills everything rainbow and under. 3/0 tack deals heavy damage to ceramics, MOABs, and BFBs, and the 0/4 tack ability is so useful for destroying any stray ceramics from popped MOABs.
                My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                My DCs
                Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Signal Flare is underpriced beyond belief to begin with. It has an absurdly easy time gimping an entire mechanic to the point of uselessness. That's a problem when said mechanic is what is supposed to keep what becomes the commonly used stuff in general in check and prevent people from going nuts with the economy. Instead, all somebody with Ring of Fire active early on has to do is start banking and set up Signal Flare as needed to stop Camos on R12 from working nearly well enough. That's ridiculous, and considering the 3/x Cannon and general Boomer and Ice can get enough economy safely too, it's clear Signal Flare has its definite share of responsibility in balance problems.

This would be rearing its ugly head if Camos had a 1.5x cost modifier, but they have it at freaking 3x, which becomes idiotic in light of the existence of the Juggernaut. Oh, and the argument that new players need to spend medallions on the Dart Monkey's Tier 4 upgrades to be able to work with the Juggernaut is hypocrisy too because the Mortar needs to be bought to see the light of day as well.

It's not like Camo Leads would be unanswerable without Signal Flare being stupid good either. Dart Monkey has Juggernaut, Ninja can resort to Flash Bombs, and Mage speaks for himself. It shouldn't be hard to find an answer to Camo Leads and have them focus on covering the manual Bloons path. But of course, players don't have to consider this when they can Signal Flare and then RRoD to ridiculous success against a 12K defense designed specifically to address it, never mind anybody who even breathes Camo Pinks.

First chance I get, I'm making a topic about the whole regen issue, because its underlying problem is how much it neuters interaction. https://s25.postimg.org/iggccq0fz/Bl...12_Victory.png showcases that no, I'm not stupid, I'm able to pressure enough that I was able to get the win via a Regen Leads attack followed by some eco Pinks to cover them and make it harder to kill them. It doesn't change that the other guy, had they not misplayed, could have still managed to buy a Ring of Fire early enough, even through my spaced Bloon sends smoking out forced builds, and stopped anything I could have done before it was too late. It's ridiculous to have a virtually all-encompassing defense with only 1 tower for only about $4000, and then kill the ONE relevant weakness, that comes into play so freaking late, with only 1 more tower costing $2000.
                  Last edited by Master Knight DH; 19-12-16, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Except this $6k defense has another weakness that requires an additional $5000 to answer.
                    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

^Firstly it is $3.870, not $5.000. Secondly it has generated way more income than any other strategy. Thirdly any other strategy has to spend similar money to defend the same rush.

Comment

Wait are we talking about the same defense? I was talking about having to get up a 4/2 ninja for round 15 which costs $5500.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Yes, you're right I should send Regen Ceramics against the Ring of Fire/Signal Flare combination. I just have to first survive only about 81,018,001 Regen Rainbows resulting from a sell-rush.

Here's the problem: 3+/x Tack Shooter in general has counter play problems. NOTHING before R6 even works against a single 3/x Tack Shooter positioned decently, and it can be purchased as early as Round 1. When Ring of Fire can be purchased as early as Round *FOUR*, any and all early game gameplay is out the window. 3+/x Tack Shooter is simply not interactive in the least.
                          Last edited by Master Knight DH; 19-12-16, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, you're right I should send Regen Ceramics against the Ring of Fire/Signal Flare combination. I just have to first survive only about 81,018,001 Regen Rainbows resulting from a sell-rush.

Here's the problem: 3+/x Tack Shooter in general has counter play problems. NOTHING before R6 even works against a single 3/x Tack Shooter positioned decently, and it can be purchased as early as Round 1. When Ring of Fire can be purchased as early as Round *FOUR*, any and all early game gameplay is out the window. 3+/x Tack Shooter is simply not interactive in the least.
                            Except a round 4 ring of fire means you're falling so behind in economy. A sprayer can't NLL r4 blues mixed with pinks on most maps. Sprayers also aren't a good r15 defense (you can mix leads+rainbows with your ceramics to exploit the fact that sprayers only have 1 pierce) and allouting as a counter isn't the best move since ceramics move faster than rainbows. But if you're concerned with allouts you would've had a plan for when they can come out 2 rounds before. Not to mention that tack is bad during #epiclategame because sprayers only have 1 pierce which won't help with all those MOAB and BFB clusters and maelstroming the bloody MOABs isn't an option because of the ramping on MOAB HP.

Comment

Why would the RoF abuser care about whether or not they manage the NLL? NLL provides no useful benefit for lategame even if we ignore the RRoD. That gives them enough leeway for economy when they can delay the RoF purchase. My general R10 send victories of late were interactive because they involved creating openings--I haven't forgotten the one where I used a Lightning Mage against itself with supported Regen Leads. You can't say the same about a defense that doesn't require much to come out and is completely impenetrable for way too long.

And don't say I don't have a plan for RRoD when I have *THREE* Spactories, all leveled, clustering around the same area, specifically to stop the Regens and oh look, the Regens just curbstomp the Spactories, it's not even close. You tell me to use burst damage? How about the burst damage work to begin with?

You don't understand anything because you've been abusing Ring of Fire. Try things from the other side of the fence BEFORE you make claims that 3+/x Tack Shooter is balanced. Your claims that Ceramics sink the RRoD don't even work when Ceramics aren't even available for 2 more rounds, well after the RRoD has pulled its BS kill, and you're additionally assuming that somebody with 3+/x Tack Shooter and Signal Flare can't do other things with 2 free tower slots or the ridiculous resulting economy if they actually don't even want to use the RRoD.

Oh, and by the way, Signal Flare junks on Leads and *ESPECIALLY* Camo Leads. That makes Bloonjitsu Master actually busted when its biggest weakness is no longer relevant. Considering Bloonjitsu Master otherwise actually has economy problems from having to get various Lead protection support, it's clear something else is at fault, and Signal Flare has contributed to other imbalances.
                              Last edited by Master Knight DH; 20-12-16, 07:11 AM.

Comment

You're trying to defend round 13 with SPACTORIES?

Comment

Working...
                                X