This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC - Hacker Report Thread

I'm just gonna get this loaded up on the new forums before people complain.
    Make sure you have proof by profile and/or screenshot via prnt.sc or i.imgur.com, or else Ninja Kiwi will not be able to ban the hacker.

How to tell when someone is hacking:
    - MvM attack with 1000+ cash reward. (quite a rare one, but it might still be possible)
    Achievement Hacks (mostly honor and city level):
    Players with 10000 +/- 100 honor (this difference is from the fact that the honor doesn't get updated to the leaderboard and log the achievements until you defend an attack or get a message saying that someone lost to/defended your attack) are most likely hacking honor to get all the achievements.
    Even if it's just a simple jump from 5500 to 7500 honor in one day, then 7500 to 10000 in the next, they are indeed hacking. These achievements require AT LEAST a week to get.
    To easily track them: Achievements --> Leaderboards, day should suffice.
    Then go to their profile using http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/[insert name here] and look at the activity feed.

Contested Territory:
    This is a more subtle one, at least for the higher tiers. Now these numbers aren't totally accurate but here are some rounds that indicate that people hacked. If you legitimately made it past the round shown here, make a screenshot in-game, list the tier, and I'll gladly change it.
    Tier Round
    1 40
    2 60
    3 80
    4 100
    5 120
    6 150
    7 200
    8 250
    9 300

Things that are NOT hacking:
    Someone beats you in Contested Territory 'unfairly':
    Originally posted by Somebody
    This guy got to round 35, but I can't beat round 29.
    That person might be at a higher level and/or have more towers/upgrades. Again, refer to my chart for what I classify as outliers.

I got to round 40, but another person was able to claim it by reaching only round 25!
    Your capture time ran out. You can only hold the contested territory for 24 hours at a time. If you play again before the time runs out and beat your previous round, the timer resets.

MvM 'Peculiarities':
    This guy destroyed my whole city in 1 MVM Attack. I can't play!
    If you don't have enough money to let an attack through, you will temporarily lose your buildings. For starters, to be safe, have at least half of your capacity and your buildings won't get damaged. Later on you can go down to about a fourth of your capacity.

This guy shows up as level 50! Has there been an update or is this a hack?
    The answer is neither, your xp is still being calculated after level 40 and sometimes the MvM menu won't acknowledge the level 40 cap and something like this might happen if they happen to have enough xp. Now if it was something like 100, then it would be an excuse.

I'm being attacked from one of my friends while I'm in pacifist mode.
    This is due to the fact the friend list keeps track of your honor and pacifist status from the first city ONLY. So even if he attacks you on your second city, and you're in pacifist mode for your second city but not your first, he can still attack you. It's just an unfortunate bug that probably won't ever get fixed.

I'm getting an impoppable attack, but I can only send up to very hard.
    The map that the attack lands on can change the difficulty drastically. Trust me, I've made this mistake very early on in my time here and I know the real influence it can have now. For example, a 260 cash attack on butterfly can have the same difficulty as a 320 cash attack on flower. As long as the attack is less than 1000 cash, it's ok.

I'll start with these two:

GUN MAD MAN, EssenceOfIceDragon
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 05-07-16, 08:06 PM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
    Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:

yesterday, exactly 27 hours ago, i start contested territory for this week and was made my first high score (over 40) and was very proud after this hard work
    but i was beating, another player make a higher score
    okay, no problem, he is better i think
    now, i log me in and see in the start screen, these player had a 2-day-leading
    my opinion is, radiodialdeath is hacking
    you can compare the "days remaining" and the date/time ofmy computer in the screenshots

Comment

littleSatan It's just a web version CT timer bug. Happens very often. I saw that i and opponents together got more than 9 days So it's hacking.

Comment

Just a quick question - why isn't this stickied yet?
        All the rest of the hacker reports are sticky...

Thanks to whoever did it.

On a related note:
        Last edited by Junior Monkey; 05-07-16, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Casually sees this when I log in https://gyazo.com/5ed333493b5d3e939ca45d631e3198bb
          please ban him (monkeyboy123)

Last edited by trollkarl; 03-08-16, 11:38 PM.

Comment

There's a possibility that this isn't hacking, but it seems a little fishy.
            http://imgur.com/a/awuBH
            awesome19821130 made it to round 111 this week on CT (percent map btw), something I doubt is possible (for him at least, keep reading to find out what I really mean). In fact the highest legit I've ever seen on this map is 100 (only one person so far), much less 111.
            High level MK could make this possible, but his achievements show that he doesn't have that. He doesn't have any boss achievements above level 10, hasn't defeated 150 bosses, and doesn't have the 20 CT wins achievement. Besides, he's level 38, which means he hasn't played THAT much anyway.
            On this map, the maximum amount of temples you have space for is 5. On other maps, 5 temples w/o sabotage (along with a whole bunch of stuff that this map has no space for) only got me to round 107.
            The only thing I can think of is aircraft carrier spamming (which would probably lag to unplayability).

Comment

Fairly certain it's hacked, this person has over 1 billion honor.

Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

Originally posted by 0rb1t4l str1k3 View Post
                There's a possibility that this isn't hacking, but it seems a little fishy.
                http://imgur.com/a/awuBH
                awesome19821130 made it to round 111 this week on CT (percent map btw), something I doubt is possible (for him at least, keep reading to find out what I really mean). In fact the highest legit I've ever seen on this map is 100 (only one person so far), much less 111.
                High level MK could make this possible, but his achievements show that he doesn't have that. He doesn't have any boss achievements above level 10, hasn't defeated 150 bosses, and doesn't have the 20 CT wins achievement. Besides, he's level 38, which means he hasn't played THAT much anyway.
                On this map, the maximum amount of temples you have space for is 5. On other maps, 5 temples w/o sabotage (along with a whole bunch of stuff that this map has no space for) only got me to round 107.
                The only thing I can think of is aircraft carrier spamming (which would probably lag to unplayability).
                111 round on this one is legit. I've started a discussion about this map on old forum and there was proof of 117 round -> https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/204-mon...-map-ct?page=2
                With such game and not having 20 CT wins achievment is suspicion. As for city lvl, i've done 100 round on Percentage with 36lvl city so that's no sign of hacking. Lack of SSL can be compensated by OC.

P.S. @PeterHoHK
                This one is flash version thread

Comment

SeniorSSS
                  BMCM subforum doesn't have a hacker report thread yet.
                  Please do not check out my terrible Daily Challenges and slightly-less-terrible DeviantArt.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHoHK View Post
                    SeniorSSS
                    BMCM subforum doesn't have a hacker report thread yet.
                    My bad,I didn't know that. Lucky mobile hackers!

Comment

Well then, I guess I'll make on on the Mobile subforum as well so Sam can check them out.
                      I don't think he looks here

Comment

Originally posted by SeniorSSS View Post

111 round on this one is legit. I've started a discussion about this map on old forum and there was proof of 117 round -> https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/204-mon...-map-ct?page=2
                        With such game and not having 20 CT wins achievment is suspicion. As for city lvl, i've done 100 round on Percentage with 36lvl city so that's no sign of hacking. Lack of SSL can be compensated by OC.

P.S. @PeterHoHK
                        This one is flash version thread
                        Like I said, it's possible with high level monkey knowledge, but his achievements show he can't have much monkey knowledge. But who knows, maybe with an exceptional PC and aircraft carrier spamming it's possible?
                        Last edited by 0rb1t4l str1k3; 08-08-16, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0rb1t4l str1k3 View Post
                          But who knows, maybe with an exceptional PC and aircraft carrier spamming it's possible?
                          Yes, Aircraft are good at this track.
                          It's possible even with low MK. Engineers are allowed which means additional power to Temples with Overclock. Actually Bloons Trap are useful at start too. With little help of those i've be able to get first Facility running at round 10. Second, it's very hard to tell highest possible round because of Mortar and its Pop&Awe ability. There is place for at least 4 Temples (with lower MK 5 Temples possible) and still little spot on big island for Mortar. Which means Mortar stalling. It's all about proper farming and time (and patience).

Comment

It's possible even with low MK. Engineers are allowed which means additional power to Temples with Overclock. Actually Bloons Trap are useful at start too. With little help of those i've be able to get first Facility running at round 10. Second, it's very hard to tell highest possible round because of Mortar and its Pop&Awe ability. There is place for at least 4 Temples (with lower MK 5 Temples possible) and still little spot on big island for Mortar. Which means Mortar stalling. It's all about proper farming and time (and patience).
                            Thread's going off topic, but I get it now XD

Comment

How does a high MK prevent 1 less Temple being placed? So it seems like it's actually bad to have a high MK for Super Monkeys if you can only place 4 instead of 5 Temples?

Comment

Working...
                              X