Contested Territory Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dessert desert served

My first one and probably last one. I know that's easiest desert tile but still counts. Due it's lengths i needed one (first and only one for all game!) Pop&Awe at 98 round because couple of ZOMGs somehow start to ran away. And i thought that i could run out of money because didn't use combo farming with snipers. But 99 and 100 round needed something else, too many Moabs. I choose use other abilities except Pop&Awe but if i wouldn't have them Pop&Awe would work too.
    Bottom line. Most necessary abilities was Sabotage and Assassins (for runaway DDTs only).

Comment

Originally posted by SeniorSSS View Post
      Dessert desert served

My first one and probably last one. I know that's easiest desert tile but still counts. Due it's lengths i needed one (first and only one for all game!) Pop&Awe at 98 round because couple of ZOMGs somehow start to ran away. And i thought that i could run out of money because didn't use combo farming with snipers. But 99 and 100 round needed something else, too many Moabs. I choose use other abilities except Pop&Awe but if i wouldn't have them Pop&Awe would work too.
      Bottom line. Most necessary abilities was Sabotage and Assassins (for runaway DDTs only).
      Oh my! thats why i had that desert contested territories. Look what you all needed to come that far thats insane. When I would have only used halve of that things my computer would have broke down after seconds and freezed. I understand why you say thats your first and last one i wouldnt want to play that way either thats not durable (not sure if thats the right word my mean its hard to stand in my language would be: Das (That) ist (is) doch (really) unertr├Ąglich (undurable, not durable, indurable? = unertr├Ąglich).)

But I see you dont used the Tacks. I thought about which other towers could be good for contested territorries too and I thought maybe this concepts might be used too in a combination with the other already known and working strategies like Temples:

My Ideas/Concepts combined with already known and good Strategies

-Using many/all 3/x or x/3 Tacks next to a x/4 Village at the start to weaken the MOAB Class Bloons a little more since each Tack does a specific amount of damage that might be good i thought.
      -Using many x/3 snipers set on strong when the stopping effect of a 4/x isnt really needed or wanted to deal some extra damage to MOAB Class Bloons maybe in combination with call to arms and some 4/x snipers.
      -Using many 4/2 Darts like you did all set to strong and/or placed and set so their balls run over much of the screen
      -Using many when not all 2/3 Darts set to strong (some with the ability) so they also do extra damage to MOAB Class Bloons
      -4 to 6 Ninjas are x/4 for the sabotage and all other could be upgraded to 4/x and set to strong to deal extra damge to MOAB class Bloons too or placed as 4/2 near the exit or middle to send bloon from the MOAB Class Bloons away from the Exit
      -Using many 2/4 or 4/2 Boomerangs set to strong to do some extra damge to MOAB Class Bloons the 4/2 might be better when you have much cash left since i think it does more damage to MOAB Class Bloons but if it doesnt does more damge then of course 2/4 (Thats a question i really want to know which is stronger and how much)
      -On Tracks with Water when the Aircraft Carriers would lag the game too much maybe all Buccaneers as x/4. That might be a good idea against strong late rounds DDTs since it still erase them and still works on normal and extremely late and strong DDTs the same.
      -Many or all Tacks as RIng of Fire 4/x but Im not sure if they would to more damage to a MOAB Class than a 3/x or 0/3 would since the 3/x shoots more projectiles it might do more damage (thats also a meant as a question)
      -Using 2/4 Engineers set to strong instead of 0/4 (just for overclock) placed near the entries so their Sentries could shoot MOAB Class and helping doing extra damage to them of course there should be a x/3 or x/4 Village near the sentires so they could pop DDTs (But my computer would lag extremely with that much sentries)
      -Maybe using Spiked Mines (4/2) instead of 2/4 Spike Storms, question here is which is stronger against ZOMGs and DDTs, Spikes pops their MOAB Layers better but with Call to Arms and more time before something runs into their Mines maybe they are better but i dont know (That is also meant as a question)

Does you or any one think that one of the concepts i wrote here would be good or working especially on round 40 or higher to at least to extra damage (to at least MOAB Class Bloons), if so write an answer which would work or be good and what could be changed so its would work better. And dont tell me something about Sniper and Ice Stalling, Artillery Abilities, Temples, MOAB Assasins or Ray of Dooms or Spectres since I know them already but the question is which of those concept could be used in a combination with all or a specific one them (the already known strategies)

(I didnt wrote down other already good known strategies like temples,Call to Arms and other Villages,Moab Assasin,Artillery Battery, Ice and Sniper stalling, Ray of Doom, would need: Super Monkeys, Mortars, and towers needed for others like sacrifices like Mortars, Apprentice, Ice, Glue,)

Comment

Okey...
        Tacks...no place for them. There is better tower for my opinion to empty places. In battles i lost with 3/2 against 2/4. And i was very surprised. So at least there Fire of Ring is better.

Snipers. x/4 only for farming and defense till..hmm...they can bring DDTs attacks down (with a bit help of Assassins). Then as defense they are useless. 4/0 and/or 4/1 is better. At that point it's more about slowing down moabs especially without Temples.

Darts. I don't know, i never use them except MT. I just assume that 4/2 is better for me because i don't felt like i want to use SMFC (somehow i hate it). For defense actually x/4 would be better, under Village 2/4. SMFC shoots quite fast so they could help with DDTs a bit too.

Ninja. Without some stronger moab popping tower 4/2. I had RoD for cleanup so i decided not to use distraction and used 4/1. Under Village 2/3 they help to get DDTs. Fast shooters.

Boomerangs. I use them very very rare in BMC. I think 4/2 could be stronger but it needs specific placement to exploit its full potential. I them them like Ice tower and Wizard. Not in the some good curve there could be found better options. So i use 2/4 for that reason. Faster shooting vs power wins with bad position for power (IMHO).

Buccaneers. 2/4 After there is more than couple is useless..IMHO. Or there is need for very many of them, very good economy and fast reaction to sell/rebuy actions. And they can't bring DDTs down with ability. But under Village they can help to deal with them a bit. At water tiles there's no Ninja so only Mortars can stall them. And they quickly becomes too fast for 2/3.

Engineers. Very lagy with Foam but useful ability. I prefer use 0/4 to boost Temples. I don't think they can boost RoD but Aces, Sniper or Spike Factories why not.

Spike Factories. If there is no very good moab poppers i would use both ways. At least half 2/4 to stop with Storm first DDTs (and other runaways) while 4/2 haven't made piles of spiked balls. At flash they are very powerful.

And all of that without Pop&Awe will not help much without some of strongest "late game" towers. I would make wild guess, as with 4 of SM 3/2 and Mortar stalling i had get to 70 or something then, 60 +/- should be doable on long tracks. Without "strong" towers i mean like Aces and Dartlings.

P.S. Some observations. In game with Temples it feels different without them it feels more real.
        1. Till round 35-40 everything is fine. Just put towers and it's like everything can pop everything.
        2. 40+ DDTs start to cause headaches. ZOMGs still not impress much but those nasty DDTs annoys a bit. After some 60+ without Sabotage can be deadly.
        3. 90+ DDTs finally isn't only problem. ZOMGs start to not die fast. And small, weak but fast "little" Moabs starts to overwhelm defense. Sabotage is totally necessary.
        4. 98-100+ there nothing that Pop&Awe couldn't fix
        Last edited by SeniorSSS; 17-10-16, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Tacks you meant 4/2 not 2/4 only 4/2 are RIng of Fire.

Snipers: Okay

Dart: SMFC Yeah I also dont like it you always have to use it over and over again thats annoying. But 4/2 might be too slow but could work wit Call to arms.

Ninjas:Yeah they might be pretty good since my now shoot 6 instead of five and at each second shot 7 instead of 5 shuriken question would be how much damage each of them would to in points.

Boomers: 4/2 might be really better since you dont have to activate them like 2/4 to use its full power.

Buccaneers: I especially meant their ability the shooting is a side effect then well they might be set to last so they shoot ZOMGs instead.

Engineers: So its not only lagging at my computer. I also only boost the temples with them but that is because the sentires make my gamel ag when there are that much.

Spike Factory: Question is lets say there come 30 DDTs would then 12 Spike Storms destroy more of them and their children then 12 Spiked Mines would too when the Mines are in the middle or near the exit?

Yeah I meant that all together with temples or other strong towers. A few weeks ago I had bought nearly all things all temples and much other things and then didnt know what do build next (Mortar Stalling is alos not good at my computer lags) so I looked and started to think which of the towers i never use might be of good use to help damaging and destroy the late ZOMGs and DDTs. And those were the COncepts that came in my mind but I never meant to use them alone. Thanks for your answers

Comment

Yes, i wanted to say that with Tacks 3/2 i lost against 4/2.

I have already write in previous page about afk CT. Summary. My final setup SF 4/2 only, Village 4/2 only, Dartlings 4/2 only, Snipers 4/1 and 4/0. On water Buccaneers 4/2 under Village 2/3 (only reason for that path upgrade). There's no need for any other towers with high MK (and you got it) and 5-6 Temples (depends of tracks of course, some need Sabotage and full attention). Everything else will just add more lags with insignificant help.

Comment

Originally posted by SeniorSSS View Post
              Yes, i wanted to say that with Tacks 3/2 i lost against 4/2.

I have already write in previous page about afk CT. Summary. My final setup SF 4/2 only, Village 4/2 only, Dartlings 4/2 only, Snipers 4/1 and 4/0. On water Buccaneers 4/2 under Village 2/3 (only reason for that path upgrade). There's no need for any other towers with high MK (and you got it) and 5-6 Temples (depends of tracks of course, some need Sabotage and full attention). Everything else will just add more lags with insignificant help.
              Yeah I meant the last time i played it I already had build/used all avaible Super Monkeys, Mortars, Bomb Towers, Engineers, Spike Factories, Dartlings Villages and Farms and 6 Sabotage Ninjas which are enough so before using the 6th ability the first already would have reset, and at that point I could have only 4/2 Sniper but since I wanted to play faster those would have needed more time so i thought about this other things. Well Spectres could have been placed i think.

Comment

Hi, y'all. I'm a new member in this forum. I've been playing BMC for sometime now and had been wanting to get to round 100 in CT....and I finally did it....last week and this week. Awesome, man! My cities are at level 28/21. Just wondering, has anyone gotten to R100 in CT at a lower level than L28?? What's the record for that? See ya guys in more CT...

Comment

Originally posted by Ninkompo View Post
                  Hi, y'all. I'm a new member in this forum. I've been playing BMC for sometime now and had been wanting to get to round 100 in CT....and I finally did it....last week and this week. Awesome, man! My cities are at level 28/21. Just wondering, has anyone gotten to R100 in CT at a lower level than L28?? What's the record for that? See ya guys in more CT...
                  I've done 100 rounds with 26lvl city. Lowest level i've heard is 24.

Comment

one of last weeks CT
                    one of the hardest tile in the beginning for me, but now one of the easiest

Comment

Question, why do you always add random towers in CT? it creates a lot of lag and almost no additional fire power.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post
                        Actually, what hurts in high deserts is the combination of a temple ban and a ROD ban. Farms are not essential when you can't spend the money, lol.
                        Sorry to Quote you but I am new to Monkey City Forum and not yet allowed to create my own post. I am looking for a few friends, especially thos who can get to 100 level in CT, I get wiped out before level 50, almost always. For example Pookleyduke currently at level 103...Help, anyone welcome to friend me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pirat;n74865]one of last weeks CT
                          one of the hardest tile in the beginning for me, but now one of the easiest
                          [/QUO
                          Incredible! I can't get past level 63 on that track...please be my friend so that I can learn your strategy.

Comment

I can friend you. I have gotten to gotten to 154 on the clover track. NK: crazybmcman2000

Comment

You all talk about Milestones which do not exist in Monkey City Mobile. Are you talking about TD Battles, which I do not play. No way to get 7 Knowledge Packs in Mobile Monkey City. I need a friend that plays Monkey City Mobile and can make it past Round 100....I can not make it past 60 or so. Also how do I add a friend?

Comment

I have trouble surviving past 50 or so, I rarely manage to build a second temple and my usual anti DDT tricks fail to work once their speed starts ramping up. My Knowledge level is mostly at 4s with a couple 3s and 5's in farms, Villages, and Tycoon. Any advice on progressing?

Comment

Working...
                                X