Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contested Territory Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Smurfblade View Post
    Bosses nowadays are not as popular as they were before, but I figured it would still be worth it to make this thread. What are all of your current strategies for the boss bloons?
    Ditto for Contested Territory. Even Butterfly CT isn't talked about much.

maps:

http://archive.ninjakiwi.com/Forum/s...=1#post1161950

CT history
    • week 1: Y. CT beta: difficulty too easy; health scaled as in BTD5
    • week 2: SS. Downtime; few could play
    • week 3: unknown. Downtime; no one could play
    • week 4: Turkey. City 1 list established. DDTs added; blimps health increased; super ceramics added
    • week 6: Lakeside. Reasonable difficulty
    • week 21: Pistol + Cactus. 2nd cities released and city 2 list established.Crowding reduced
    • week 28: Loop River + Star Mountain. Milestone event introduced
    • week 39: Totem + Diamonds. Milestone with MK
    • week 42: Arrow + Hourglass. Occupation added. Events alternated
    • week 51: Butterfly + Nose and Mouth. MK mega event week: dual CT events, Bloonarius, festival of bs, and MKM. Butterfly round 100 proved possible
    • week 108: Waves + Cactus. Permanent milestone

city 1 (Mobile has slight differences)
    1. Turkey
    2. Desert Stairs
    3. Lakeside
    4. Monkey Tail
    5. River S
    6. UO
    7. Handcuffs
    8. Shoe
    9. Totem (skipped in Mobile)
    10. Clover
    11. Face
    12. Arrow
    13. Tunnels
    14. Waves
    15. Meanderiver
    16. DNA
    17. Pistol
    18. Pretzel
    19. Y
    20. Keyhole
    21. Butterfly
    22. Percent
    23. Cave (Star Mountain in Mobile)
    24. Mustache
    25. Loop River
    26. Beehive
    27. Zigzag Mountain
    28. Bad Mirror
    29. Talon
    30. Tutorial

city 2
    1. Cactus
    2. Paperclips
    3. Battleaxe
    4. River Python
    5. Seashell
    6. Nose and Mouth
    7. Stonebridge
    8. Abstract
    9. Star Mountain
    10. Beaker
    11. Stealth Canyon
    12. Yoyo
    13. Tumbleweed Valley
    14. River Crossing
    15. Mirage
    16. G-Clef
    17. UO
    18. Parabola
    19. Squigglecano
    20. Coils
    21. YMY
    22. Drought
    23. Diamonds
    24. Loop Knot
    25. Flower
    26. Hourglass
    27. Branches
    28. SS
    29. Plateau

Last edited by jasonc65; 16-06-16, 11:49 PM.
    You have a new tower!
    Banana Farm
    Banana farms are a very important tower. Try to have at least three 2/0 farms.

Now a new wall has been erected in CT, because occupations work best for low levels and milestones for high levels, and now the accommodation is gone.
    Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
    BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
    YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Milestones is a very good and easy way to gain monkey knowledge packs. Just a an hour or two of playing and then 7 monkey knowledge packs are earned along with 4 ancient packs. My highest round is 133 on tunnels.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinshi2000 View Post
        Milestones is a very good and easy way to gain monkey knowledge packs. Just a an hour or two of playing and then 7 monkey knowledge packs are earned along with 4 ancient packs. My highest round is 133 on tunnels.

Trouble is that when newcomers get into CT, 100 is unreachable.

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.

Comment

But then again, only 1/6 of the playing population can win Occupation. In Milestone, everyone can win.
          You have a new tower!
          Banana Farm

Comment

Yes that is true, occupation takes way more play time to do. If someone keeps going to a super high round it may be impossible for other players to keep up, which gives an unfair chance of winning. Once a certain level is reached anyone can win milestones.

Comment

What are you're most dreaded CT maps? I personally hate the keyhole volcano map.
              Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Desert Terrain maps obviously. Without temples, my game ends up lagging a lot due to the amount of towers that are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinshi2000 View Post
                  Desert Terrain maps obviously. Without temples, my game ends up lagging a lot due to the amount of towers that are needed.

High Desert CTs are even worse; combine deserts with a farm ban and you get a nightmare.

Comment

Actually, what hurts in high deserts is the combination of a temple ban and a ROD ban. Farms are not essential when you can't spend the money, lol.
                    You have a new tower!
                    Banana Farm

Comment

For players new to Bloons Monkey Cities Contested Territory - a good thing to play is the time mode where you get rewards with the time you manage to keep the territory for. Because when someone looses it (reclaimed by Bloons) then they can get it. Because the problem with Milestone is for new players is where you have to do an amount of rounds to get prizes for your city. And if your only getting to round 10 then your usually only getting 1 thing.

Comment

Whats the farthest you can get with no temples, I wonder?
                        Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Incogneato reached round 100 on Cactus and Abstract.
                          You have a new tower!
                          Banana Farm

Comment

Marche reached 107 on desert stairs.

Comment

I've only gotten to 84 on arrow, but I did get to 100 one week while challenging myself to not use temples.
                              Last edited by 0rb1t4l str1k3; 26-06-16, 11:22 PM. Reason: Didn't see the no temple part

Comment

Working...
                              X