No announcement yet.

Get rid of all honor achievements.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Get rid of all honor achievements.

Because BMC web will not be updated in the future we are stuck with the current honor system in which you have to trick the system to reach the ZOMG/BFB/MOAB Achievements(perhaps even lower). I think all achievements should be reachable within the normal game mechanics as this is not the case with these once get rid of them when you do not plan to change the mechanics in the future. You could argue to only delete the achievements that are unreachable now but that could have the result that others become impossible to reach.

We can't remove them because people have spent their time getting them. I am hoping we will be able to make some small changes (no overhaul, just change some settings/numbers) to make them reachable.

Comment

As I proposed 2 or 3 years ago, why don't you just give 4 honor for every win? Dovetails nicely with the ED cheevo, imo.

Comment

I agree it will take months to do it, but we can't because people already have them and it would be unfair to the people who had done hard work to get those achievements. They shouldn't have added it from the very beginning.

​However, if you could get more honor from MVMs, then it might not need to be changed, the makematching system should change to balance too.
        The Monkey Apprentice is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          We can't remove them because people have spent their time getting them. I am hoping we will be able to make some small changes (no overhaul, just change some settings/numbers) to make them reachable.

Thanks for looking into it. Hope it works.

Comment

The problem is that there isn't enough people playing MVM in order to get these achievements and the reason for this is the MVM system. I don't think small changes are going to fix these. It makes no sense to lose around the same amount of honor for a failed attack than winning against a successful defend against a player with close to the same amount of honor when defending an attack takes way more effort than giving out an attack. I propose you lose about half the amount of honor for a failed attack, than a successful defend. There's also that one day limit to defend an attack, which I think should be a bit more maybe 2-3. I know of players who don't play MVM just for this reason. Though maybe if my former suggestion would be in place, it wouldn't matter because you'd be able to make up the honor fairly quickly if you missed a day.

Comment

The main reason why the MvM system doesn't work is simply because defending against assaults is much more profitable than sending them. The simplest way to encourage people to send assaults again would simply to be removing any loss from failed assaults.

Pacifist mode exists for a reason, If a player doesn't wish to be bombarded by assaults on a regular basis they can simply opt out of MvM. I personally don't mind seeing assaults each time I log in.
              Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted? View them here.
              A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.
              http://i.imgur.com/HGjF4OP.gif
              http://i.imgur.com/7n36NSp.gif
              http://i.imgur.com/HnvAQZK.gif
              http://i.imgur.com/3NbRv78.gif
              http://i.imgur.com/lkDdGMF.gif

Comment

I have no idea what the small changes Aaron talks about could be that would work. The idea of Squideer sounds good but i doubt they would implement it because of the bombardments he/she is mentioning.

I would suggest that everybody who is not in pacifist mode gets one computer generated attack from an account with his current amount of honor but that is probably to many work hours to implement.

Comment

MvMs are indeed way too easy, then only way I think you can lose an MvM is if you don't have the time to defend(i.e. work to do) or camo regen assaults, which can be easily defended once the player gets up to level 15 and researches cleansing foam, I was stupid enough to not use cleansing foam in a lot of camo regen assaults and instead use the bomb tower, ninja and radar scanner.
                  The Monkey Apprentice is the best!

Comment

I thought MvM was working fine, three or four revenge challenges both ways each day for many months, then two months ago the waiting revenges suddenly disappeared and no challenges available every time I check (about 10 times a day, most days). MvM is what I enjoyed the most once I had won all the land tiles, anyone have any idea what I can do? Admin tells me it's working fine but I am not receiving any attacks and cannot launch any. Any ideas please?

Comment

the time limit for defending an actack should be longer then 1 day im a player who doesnt have time or like to play that mcuh to defent like 3 actacks and if i have only a day for them it would be hard to do all wihtitn a day also you should give more honor if your sended actack is with a low bloontonium made and get mor ehonor if you defent an actack whit camo+ regrow+ and much bloontonium used also you getto choose the strongest bloon but that doesnt chnage the amount of bloontonium used whylowering the higest bloon type then? also you should be able to use only like 300 bloontonium to send only leads as higest bloontype even if you have researched ddts already this will greatly increase the honor reward if you win but doesnt increase the honor loss

Comment

Working...
                      X