Tile Help Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Help Thread

APOGD brought up in the General Thread that it would be good to have this, so I thought I'd give it a try!

So, obviously, this is for those who are having issues beating a tile. If you can't seem to get it, put down the difficulty level of the tile (helps because of this), the tile itself, your City Level, and the specific rushes giving you trouble. Giving the upgrades/towers you have is also recommended if you find yourself not having a certain useful upgrade or not enough of a tower.

Ex: Can't beat a Double-BFB Chest tile, Desert Arrow. Spaced black rush on Round 1, Zebras and whites Round 2, and leads Round 3. City level 25. Difficulty is 44.

So, I'm not going to be able to help out as much as somebody who's probably going to post some here, so this'll be a discussion for everyone? I guess?

Hoping I didn't forget anything.

I would suggest you bring a couple of supply crates for this, but like I said before, double shot ninja and 3|2 is nessesery and probably is and 3|0 cannon and 1|2(3 if camo) mortar or 2|1+ ice tower(away from ninja), hopefully you beat it?
    The Monkey Apprentice is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by APOGD View Post
      I would suggest you bring a couple of supply crates for this, but like I said before, double shot ninja and 3|2 is nessesery and probably is and 3|0 cannon and 1|2(3 if camo) mortar or 2|1+ ice tower(away from ninja), hopefully you beat it?
      It was an example, I've already beaten that. (Ceramics from the ZOMG beat me, but I used Bloonstones and won with an Arctic Wind) Sorry I didn't clear that up.

Comment

Ok good job!

​By the way when I captured my first ZOMG tile I thought robo monkey can handle the 64 ceramic inside but it couldn't so I continued for 20 bloonstones, and used bloon impact(Jungle terrain).

Comment

Ok someone sent me a bfb MvM the difficulty is 36, so pretty easy, it is an impoppable lake terrain, with that terrible mirror as the track, which is the problem, That track is a very bad track(plus I am generally weaker on lake and river tracks), so I am asking how to beat it?

Comment

0-1 buccaneers will work but get 2-3 and 3-2 later on and maybe a glue gunner can help.

I need help with keyhole map. Difficulty:110+(34 rounds) Problem is round 6 and higher White-Lead-Rainbow-Ceramic-(MOAB) ramped rush. Even I get leaks with bloonjitsu.
            Last edited by illion; 08-09-16, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illion
              Difficulty:110+(34 rounds) Problem is round 6 and higher White-Lead-Rainbow-Ceramic-(MOAB) ramped rush. Even I get leaks with bloonjitsu.
              Are you sure you're not mistakening it with the mobile version? In Flash, no tile exceeds 30 rounds. Also difficulty 110 is way out of reach for Mobile (highest is 97), so I'm confused.

If this is indeed the Mobile version, I'm thinking of using a 0/2 chipper for ceramics and a 2/2 glue along with a 3/2 ninja near the end of the track. Though I haven't had much experience with this map on there so I'm not exactly sure what to do. If early MOABs are an issue (mainly with Round Ramp), upgrade the chipper to 4/2. Otherwise, upgrade ninja to 4/2.
              Last edited by Junior Monkey; 09-09-16, 12:49 AM.
              Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, BTDBM server downtime log
              Proof that the Viral Frost upgrade is useless
              Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
              Originally posted by Kevin Malone

Comment

Originally posted by illion View Post
                0-1 buccaneers will work but get 2-3 and 3-2 later on and maybe a glue gunner can help.

I need help with keyhole map. Difficulty:110+(34 rounds) Problem is round 6 and higher White-Lead-Rainbow-Ceramic-(MOAB) ramped rush. Even I get leaks with bloonjitsu.
                ​Normal tiles only have maximum 30 tiles.

Bring supply crates, farm a bit, and get a 4/2 ninja and a moab mauler, and cluster if a lot of leads/rainbows comes through, bloon impact if ceramics, sell towers if you need to.

​Thanks for the tip but it is way past the time and the attack expired and I lost.

Comment

Originally posted by APOGD View Post

​Normal tiles only have maximum 30 tiles.

Bring supply crates, farm a bit, and get a 4/2 ninja and a moab mauler, and cluster if a lot of leads/rainbows comes through, bloon impact if ceramics, sell towers if you need to.

​Thanks for the tip but it is way past the time and the attack expired and I lost.
                  you mean 30 rounds?

thanks, 3 bloonjitsus usually work great and a 1/1 mortar. but in some exceptions, most bloons leak. i will use impact, thanks again

Comment

I recorded many of my tiles (all beacon tiles) some of them even as specific monkey teams events (Ninjas, Aces, Dartlings, Supers). I have many of these recordings and i try to get all tiles and maps to record (only at beacons) so if one of you has problems with a specific Tile/Track that is a beacon then just post it here and I could upload it to download on openload for online watch or one rapidshare in wmv or if waned avi format for downloading.
                    Those Videos made to runs 8 times and some 16 Times faster as the actual game was so they have not much size and can be watched fastly (1 to 2 Minutes per Tile) all of of them except butterfly without using bloostones, crates, red hot spikes, rebuys, monkey boosts and most of these recordings have english help subtitles.

So if you have problems with a specific beacon tile or a Monkey Teams event with ninjas, dartlings, super or aces on all or a specific tile just post a picture of the tile and I could uploaded the video if i have it and i have many tracks already and post the link here maybe that could help someone.

(But there might be a few things that might be problematic when you want the strategies i use 1 to 1 exactely then you should have monkey city level 40 and as many special items as possible i have all and also the higher your knowledge levels are the better you could use that strategies but you could compensate it with using crates and/or bloonstones which i din't had to do except on butterfly.)

Comment

Is there any archived thread where such help has been provided/collected? I mean I would love to sort through images of every Map and see an expert's opinion about what units to use and where and in what order. I can always make some adjustments to my own available units and cash.

Comment

Most tiles are beaten in the same way, start with a ninja and upgrade it to 4/2 ASAP. Then get a cannon, upgrade it to 0/3, then 2/3. After that, get another 2/3 cannon. Then place a spike factory at the end. After that, place a village by the ninja and moab maulers, make sure it can reach the begining and end of the track. Place a ice monkey in the range of the village as close to the end as possible, then upgrade it to 3/2. Then get a 3/2 boomerang near the ice monkey. Upgrade the village to 0/3, then sell the boomerang. Upgrade the village to 2/3. Then just place more 2/3 cannons.

Comment

Ok well this is my admittedly simplistic and possibly rudimentary strategy I've been employing so far: (Cities level 25/22)

I start with 3 units: Ninja, Boomerang, and Wizard. Ninja because obviously amazing at popping most normal bloons and so fast. Boomerang to help handle leads and for later with an Ice Tower or to help handle Ceramics as well later. Wizard to handle Lead Camo in case it happens and then also for its amazingly useful tornados to blow back bloons, which comes in very handy around the time Rainbows/Ceramics appear. I get Ninja to 3/2, Boomerang to 2/2, Wizard to 2/2. Then I place a Village covering all three of these, get it to 1/0 since the range boost is very handy and relatively cheap. Then I usually wait to make Boomerang a 3/2, at this point if I'm still alive I know I've probably won the map. Since 3/2 Boomerang is incredibly powerful. Then I get Village from 1/0 to 1/1 to 2/1. And Wizard from 2/2 to 3/2. Now I'm basically cruising at least usually for most maps, and it's a simple matter of generating cash to make Ninja 4/2, Village 2/2 then 2/3, then place Ice and possibly Tack, possibly a Bomb nearby.

What do you think? It works great on everything up to MOAB tiles and above, for those I would obviously prioritize 2/3 Bombs a bit more but at the same time by the time MOABs arrive my earlier strategy is essentially already set up anyhow so I can afford the 2/3 Bombs. I usually keep my first placed Bomb and make it into 4/2 to clear out pretty much anything that isn't a MOAB.

Edit: A more advanced part of my strategy, if the rounds go on long enough and I have enough cash, is to obviously make Tacks into 4/2 and to even make a 4/2 Boomerang near the 3/2 Ice. 4/2 Boomerang is basically the same thing as a 4/2 Tack but "on steroids". Very costly unit but insanely overpowered. And once the Village is 2/3 like everyone knows, you can kill anything very easily. My biggest obstacles with my strategy are ZOMGs, I can pretty much kill everything up until those show up.

Comment

City level 24

(On maps with banana farms and works best on desert)

Start with 3/2 ninja and 0/0 bomb tower (and free dart monkey). Get 2 4/2 ninjas ASAP. Upgrade bomb tower to 2/3. Get 3 2/0 farms. Then get 0/0 monkey village covering everything but farms and put 3/2 ice. Upgrade village to 2/3.

On most maps this can take out 1 BFB.

upgrade 2 farms to 3/0 and eventually get 4/0 (while gradually getting maulers to help with BFB groups and early ZOMGs). Spam as many maulers as possible after you get the 2 4/0 farms.

Comment

How to beat Volcano maps? I am wasting Bloonstones on Continues on these maps. I have to admit I wasted over 200 BloonStones trying to win the Keyhole map. And I still lost! Now I have like no more bloonstones for my ability upgrades. I have to wait for Contested Territory Milestone rewards, and bosses, to get more. Supposedly beating Volcano maps also gives bloonstones but I have no idea how to even beat them. Cave map is actually MUCH easier than any Volcano map for me. The biggest issue is the no Village which is pretty crucial to my strategy overall... plus no ice.... MOAB classes aren't what kill me on Volcano maps it is a gigantic rush of ceramic bloons instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X