Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed boosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speed boosts

    Just a quick question:

    When you boost a tower with all the boosts at once (MIB + engineer + Bstones ability), does the tower;

    A - fire at 3 times its original speed?
    B - fire at 8 times its original speed?
    C - cap out at the maximum speed it can achieve?
    Originally posted by ZX840
    Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

    Originally posted by ZX840
    Why buy knowledge boxes when you can just earn them? Cause with all the bonuses now days, they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or...
    1000 in half a year
    if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )
    My Youtube Channel

  • #2
    i think it doubles

    Comment


    • #3
      That doesn't answer my question
      Originally posted by ZX840
      Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

      Originally posted by ZX840
      Why buy knowledge boxes when you can just earn them? Cause with all the bonuses now days, they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or...
      1000 in half a year
      if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )
      My Youtube Channel

      Comment


      • #4
        Bear in mind that there is also Monkey Knowledge Packs for increasing attack speed whenever activating an ability. By the way, the boosting of a tower also depends on the tower itself. And also note that in Flash, Bloons Monkey City and other BTD5 games play at 30 frames per second.

        Back to topic, if suppose you super-boost a Temple of the Monkey God, and we use blades for example, blades normally shoot once every 24 frames, or every 0.8 seconds. MIB doubles that rate, so it may increase to once every 12 frames. Engineer adds 1.5x that rate, so it may increase to every 8 frames. Then Tower Boost increases rate by double, so it may increase to every 4 frames. But if instead take the every 0.1 seconds of the sunrays, for example, that would be once every 3 frames, so the rate will max out at once every 1 frame if we use just the MIB or the Tower Boost, though just the Overclock only modifies the rate of the sunrays to every 2 frames. So in my opinion, it's 6 times as fast but only if the rate of frames per second for such projectiles of a tower is every 6 frames or more, which otherwise is equal to maxed out at once per 1 frame. Even so, stacking attack speed abilities will make a big difference, provided that the temple is maxed out in sacrifices, because those extra Missiles, Ice Explosions, Glue Splatters, Blades, and Tornadoes will also be insanely fast too.

        This is all based on some of the facts I have been given, but I personally haven't done this "triple boosting" method ever before.
        If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
          ...I personally haven't done this "triple boosting" method ever before.
          I have, but it's the reason for this post, cause it's hard to see if it actually does make anything more powerful (esp with maxed temples, dartlings, etc) speed wise, or even power wise as most often I use it when I'm at the highest CT rounds so power is hard to see take effect.

          You make a good point there though. Either the towers max at the fastest they can fire, or they appear to max cause of the max frame rate of the game. Hmm, that's got me thinking about other things....



          Originally posted by ZX840
          Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

          Originally posted by ZX840
          Why buy knowledge boxes when you can just earn them? Cause with all the bonuses now days, they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or...
          1000 in half a year
          if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )
          My Youtube Channel

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZX840 View Post

            I have, but it's the reason for this post, cause it's hard to see if it actually does make anything more powerful (esp with maxed temples, dartlings, etc) speed wise, or even power wise as most often I use it when I'm at the highest CT rounds so power is hard to see take effect.

            You make a good point there though. Either the towers max at the fastest they can fire, or they appear to max cause of the max frame rate of the game. Hmm, that's got me thinking about other things....


            Interesting. What other things have you been thinking about?
            If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

            Comment


            • #7
              In some of my beacon games I've used Call to Arms and Super Monkey Fan Club at the same time and could not tell the difference if the dart monkeys shoot any faster everything still seems to pop at the same rate.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KillaZombieForMommy View Post
                In some of my beacon games I've used Call to Arms and Super Monkey Fan Club at the same time and could not tell the difference if the dart monkeys shoot any faster everything still seems to pop at the same rate.
                It is probably due to the frame rate idea again.
                If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post

                  It is probably due to the frame rate idea again.
                  So there's no use in using 2 boosts at once or do you think the Moab types would break down quicker?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KillaZombieForMommy View Post

                    So there's no use in using 2 boosts at once or do you think the Moab types would break down quicker?
                    Not sure. Does Super Monkeys shoot once per 4 or more frames, or is it less?
                    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X